[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 1: Minotaur trouble and a failed ambush

Sullaf

First Post
To Tristan:
"Lets hurry to the Crusaders Arms. It will be a welcome sight to see some familiar faces once again. I am not the first to complain but it would be nice to finally get out of the saddle."

Roland will go to the Crusaders Arms and will not stop for anything that does not need his immediate attention. After making sure that Simba has a good resting place, we will meet up with our friends who should be able to tell us more about Lloth. After all, while we were on a pilgrimage, they would gather some information :D about recent events and rumors.

To companions:
"Finally I can lay my sword and armour to rest for a change. Bartender, a round of beer for me and my friends. We travelled long and far and we deserve some "enlightenment"... *huddling with friends so no outsider can eaves drop* ... So what have you all heard?"

Last edited:

takew

First Post
Tristan follows Roland quietly. After traveling by foot, he is in need of some rest. "If only there was a better sword..." He thinks while practicing his tricks and moves...

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
From Ilan, who is having Enworld trouble:
We ride out of the dungeon, me and Deepwinter that is, to report to the nearest town. When we have arrived I want to contact the Elven kingdom to report that one of our soldiers has perished. I also send a message to Lord Kulvan of Dunraven that one of his spies has been killed in action.

Our intention is to ride at first light. We don't have a particular place to go. But I think we head back to Dunraven. We take our time. I think it is a good idea to hire some strength to accompany us along the way. So we look for someone who handles a sword and can take a punch. If we encounter wizards or Sorcerors whaterever, no need for them. A cleric would suit our purpose fine.

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Deepwinter 7 shakes off the drowsiness of the battle and resumes his stand along with his faithful companion Ilan.

(sry wanted to check if it works, and guys plz drop the signatures, keep the threads lean, we know them by now, I don't want to read them every day)

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Deepwinter 7, Ilan, what I need to know (take into account it is a few hours after noon, around 2 or 3 I would say):
- You are going back to Delarom?
- What do you do with his Light Mace?
- What are you going to do with Veit's and Talian's horses (Riding horses, the both of them)

And last, but definitely not least:

- What do you do with Veit's charred body?

Attachments

• burncorpse.jpg
    burncorpse.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 590

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Ilan and I agreed to travel to Delarom first, in order to send the messages to the Elves and Lord Dunn (as described in Ilan/Rav's last post)

We never cared much for the dragonkin so Veit's charred remains, remain. If known to me (maybe some spellcraft or Kn: religion check) I will bring a small part of his body to enable us to resurrect him in the future if necessary (the fire probably conserved it neatly), but resurrection is not something Ilan or I will pay for.

The ring is mine (as a compensate for the burned ring of warmth I lent him), the mace will be sold (Ilan and I have no use for it and it might trace back to Veit)

The horses, if non-distinct will be sold as well.

For now Deepwinter 7 takes a more active interest in both the phisical and mental state Ilan.
people don't just come back from the dead ... In Delarom I meet with the library cleric which I gave orders to look for clues considering Ilan's journey to the underworld.

The gems for the drow portal need to be appraised and as far as I am concerned they can be sold as well (I mean I am not planning to warp back into a Drow city again)

Ilan

First Post
I agree with Deepwinter that we sell the horses and that we sell the mace... No use for them... I have no problem that he keeps the ring, since he is my friend :rolleyes: I think that the idea of selling the gems is great... I have no money and if we want to hire someone we might need it... Not in the least to keep up with my upkeep...

I Tell Deepwinter what has happenned when i was "dead" so he can help me with my possible problems.... Still feel a little light headed and not myself... My failure in battle and not being able to help my friends in their time of need also weighs heavy on my mind...

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
(You take a piece of bone from Veit's Charred body - The Clerics of Heironeous in Dhunraven once told you the variations in the means of bringing people back from the dead. With your INT, you made the DC 5 check to remember that easily)

(OOC: I'm guessing your actions here to advance the storyline, let me know if you do not approve)

The weather is sunny and the countryside seems to bustle with activity because of the harvest and the upcoming Brewfest.

Half past three on the sundial near Delarom...
Delarom's gate guard: "Excuse me sirs, I've seen you before, you know the drill, hand over your weapons please."
Ilan: "Excuse me, but we would like to sell this mace, so we want to take it in"
"Well sharp ears, you should have thought of that earlier, because in Delarom, or any other major city in Amstrad for that matter, you need to be part of the Smithing Guild in order to sell weapons that weigh more than 2 lbs."
"Ah. Well th..."
"You can sell it at the Brewfest festival grounds in a couple of days perhaps. If you can find a buyer there that is. Goodday, you are holding up traffic, Elf."

Resigned to sell the Mace elsewhere, Ilan and Deepwinter 7 go to the same inn they went to before, the Dwarf's Head.

Selling the horses nets you half price at a horse merchant, for a total of 75 gold (paid mostly in silver).

Deepwinter:you appraise the gems at 20, 20, 50, 80, 120, 180, 300 and 490 gold.

When you arrive in the stuffy jewelry shop (the assistant the store owner has appears only to dust the jewels themselves) the short, greying, middle aged man that owns the place says, after examining the gems carefully : "These gems are magical in nature. I'll give you 2000 silver for the lot of them, and that's giving you a good deal, since I don't trust any of this."

Deepwinter 7 exits the library (with the information I emailed his character).

after all that, it would be nearing five.

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
(How well does the DM know me)

The dm should know that Ilan would never let anyone call him sharp ears...

"Sharp ears eh, I think you need to show me some respect, peasent. You might see this meddallion hanging round my neck. you may recognize this as a symbol of nobility. You can call me Sir Ilan Moonbow of Dunraven or I will have you whipped. And if the town doesn't wan't to do it I have no problem with it doing it myself, YOU UNDERSTAND ME."

I open my shirt and let him see the tattoos that are on my chest.
As I try to intimidate him I Speak further: "I'm even a LORD in my own lands, NOW LET ME PASS."

As i ride on i think to myself: "How can I lose control like that. I wanted to say something but this."

Further notes:
I think we should also sell the gems on a later date, perhaps at the festival and wait for a better price. What do you think, my Friend.
Do we wait for the festival or do we ride on in wait for adventure to cross our pads???

Remove ads