[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 1: Minotaur trouble and a failed ambush

Deepwinter 7

First Post
"You are starting to suffer from a bit of a personality problem my Friend. You're flappy mouth almost got us into trouble again. Let me do the thinking here, because as your skills are focused on the art of archery, so are mine focused on mastery of the mind."

"Keep in mind that Men in these parts don't think highly of the long-lived Elves nor of their heritage. I'm the one who will deal with rabble at the city gates and in the town, you stick to your precious nobles and other people of high allure."

"Let us wait for the festival, interesting people from all over Tholestia might be attending, some of whom who might be worthy of our attention. We will be needing the money the mace makes us to pay for our upcoming travel costs. Furthermore we can use the next few days to rest a little and to contemplate on what to do."

"With my powers I will be able to analyse the magical dweomers on the gems and on the mace if necessary, I have a feeling they may fetch us a better price if we know more about them."

"And please, at least try to keep your shirt on in the presence of others. Your sinewy body is not as pretty nor intimidating a sight as you might think."

Arrange a tavern untill the festival, change clothing, get a shave
Use dorje of identify (and master dorje feat) to study gems

Sullaf

First Post
Roland Goldsteel II

At the gate:
"Good work Watchmen. Arms and armour have no place in a city. Only the Law should be able to wield a sword. I'll leave my sword gladly in your hands. Be careful with it though, this sword has been in my family for ages."

After the reunion with my fellow companions, we take a good nights rest. They learned nothing new of The Spider Queen. My dream is still a complete mystery to me. In the morning hours I spend my time at the shrine of Heironeous and make a donation of 10 gp.

During breakfast I meet up with my good friend Tristan:
"Finally some rest after so much adventure. Keep in mind though that Evil does not rest *sigh*. We must be alert at all times."

OOC: To DM: If you don't want us to persue the Spider thread, now is a good time to tell me....

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
To Salluf: please delete (edit and delete all text) your previous post: There is absolutely no way you are going to know about Deepwinter 7 (you know why :) ), and Ilan... well, read on.

Deepwinter 7: All the talking you did will have to be at the city gate because...

Ilan: After your outburst, and a slight gulp, the guardsmen on top of the gate between the parapets train their crossbows on you. The other Guardsman draws his sword, albeit shaking a little.

The first guardsman says, having refound his confidence knowing full well that the entire army garrison in the city is behind him: "Looks like you have earned yourself a night out camping you freak of an elf. With such an attitude I don't think my superiors would take kindly of me letting you in our so far undisturbed city. Go on, leave. No blood need be spilled today, but it will if you deem it necessary!"

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
(FLLLAAAAAMESTRRRRRIIIIKKKEE)

(note this post is completely unnecesarry and a waste of your time, furthermore it's completely out of character so it has no place on this messageboard. An intelligent in-character reply will follow as soon as I am able to)

takew

First Post
OOC: I guess that Sullaf and I can start playing when either Jurgen and Casper join or when we meet with DW7 and Ilan... Or can we go on advanture by ourselfs?

While we enter Delarom, Tristan starts making a scene about how much his sword means to him and that he won't be pleased if it has even the smallest scratch on it.

"You better keep it secret but most of all you should KEEP IT SAVE. Now, now don't cry good man. You are only doing your job. So may Heironeous be with you and stop shaking like that you make me seesick"

Intimidate: 15 (+8) = 23

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
(Sorry Deepwinter)

"I will leave now, but the next time you see me, I WILL see Delarom in ashes and you're head on a stake. Mabye then some of you townsfolk will know what it means to disrespect an elf of noble blood. Lord Culvan will hear of this. And then you're little town will see the horror we can unleash."

I turn my horse and ride of, knowing that Deepwinter will follow me.
When we are five minutes away from town, I stop my horse and lay my hands on my face: "Deepwinter, what have I done now. I didn't mean for this to happen. It feels like I can't control myself anymore."

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Interlude:

The two Gate guards, having finished their shift at 6, go to the pub.
"By the staff of Fharlanghn, there are some pretty disturbed people on the roads nowadays."
"Elves aren't people."
"I was talking about those two followers of Heironeous. The one who wasn't mounted. Instead of appealing to my senses or tipping me a silver or two to wrap his sword, he had a look on his face that he would disembowel me if I would just look at his sword in a wrong way. Sheesh!"
"yeah, what's the world coming to."
"I am just doing my job you know"
"I know Frank."
"Thanks Andrew. One more pint before you go back to the missus?"
"Sure."

Deepwinter 7: Are you camping outside with Ilan or are you going to meet up with the librarian and the merchants (it is still half past four for you)
Tristan & Roland II: Please wait, I doubt whether it will take long before you meet up with either of the two groups.

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Previous remarks to Ilan, should be placed after his entire discussion at the city gates (at safe distance from the guards).

"Ilan, I am not going to sleep outside in the wilds with the comfort of a real bed and some proper food within reach. If you want we will continue our travel to Dunraven or another city in this vicinity, although I would prefer waiting for the festival. I will not let your arrogance ruin my chance to get a proper night rest the next time. And don't give me that "what have I done crap"

"Let's roam these parts a little more and come back here for the festival, I don't think we should forfeit that as well. I feel stronger than ever and the forrest might provide us with ample opportunity to practise our skills and powers"

"Let's prod some buttock" (as opposed to the more famous, let's kick some ass)

Ilan

First Post
"If you want to ride in to town I don't have a problem with that, I will wait for you here. I will set up camp a few miles north, I don't know if the festival is in town, if it is I would like to join you but I don't think that is possible anymore. Let me know what you're gonna do tommorrow."

While Deepwinter rides back to town, I ride north for about an hour and sett up camp there. While I wait for Deepwinter to return the following day, I do some hunting and rest.

Remove ads