• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 1: Minotaur trouble and a failed ambush

Ilan

First Post
(Karsten's mind: Allright commander draw you're sword I will try and eat you now. And I start nibbling on his arm.)

"Allright I will come peacefully."

When we are brought for the governer, I remain silent and let Deepwinter do the talking:p .

takew

First Post
It is time.... at last. In the name of Heironeous, I will use my sword for good again.

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
"Lawful Amstrad must be shocked by such an outragious display of retribution by the evil Drow. It pities me that innocent blood has been spilled and that honest Men have died for a cause unknown to them. The chain of events that are the result of the mission bestowed upon my noble friend Ilan and I, have thus once again claimed innocent victims."

"Yesterday, a party of five entered a well hidden temple in search of clues for those responsible for the kidnapping of an honoured guest of Lord Culvin ruler of Dunraven. A long quest eventually led us to noble Amstrad, where the contractors of the infamous Turok's Band, responsible for the raid on Dunraven, supposedly came from. More information led us to the temple and eventually into the heart of the Underdark itself."

"The gems the shopkeeper mentioned, are in my possesion and they are the key to a portal which leads directly into a Drow city. This unknown to us, and time always against us, we decided to jump the portal to see where it would lead. No 20 seconds later we were fighting for our lives with 4 temple guards and two priests of Lloth."

"Maybe we were wrong to enter the portal directly, maybe we were wrong to fight back the Drow, killing three and maybe Ilan and I should not have gotten out of there alive. Indirectly we are responsible for what happened last night, but living in the vicinity of Drow is like living on a vulcano. One small pebble could create an earthquake or worse."

"If you value your relation with Dunraven or the lords of Tarnian, let us proceed with our quest, if the problem is monetary I can assure you that the families of those that survived the raid will be amply recompensated. If it's a matter of law and order, and needing someone to blaim, press your charges quickly. Ilan and I are proud of fighting the Drow, and we mourn the loss of some good men down there more than the loss of some farmers who live in a land that is unable to protect them"

(look I'm not going to get down on him ok, and Rav don't just reply to that last remark...)

"I can update you on our mission, sharing knowledge from times past. Furthermore we can offer our service in the name of the Lords of Amstrad if it complies to our greater goals. Do not let our talents go to waste in needless bureacracy. Show yourself a kindred spirit and we shall make the people of Amstrad a proud one"

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
"Well spoken. Your cause seems to be quite good. I don't know about the both of you however. Sometimes the motive is not as pure as the cause. However, motive is irrellevant right now" . Governor Starke looks pensive first, judgemental next, and then exclaims: "You are still guilty of disturbing the peace, tresspassing on private property, but, most importantly, withholding vital information from the authorities. Much bloodshed could have been prevented if you would have told a city or army official about what happened to you that day. Despite your snide remarks, Amstrad is well capable of defending itself, but we can't post entire army contingents next to every farm. The thing is, sentencing you to death or prison will do neither of us a lot of good. Therefore I will hand the both of you over to an independant young paladin and his companions, who I will be sending to the hills two and a half days from here. I will give him full instructions. Your 'sentence' merely involves aiding that group in investigating the troubles there. If they choose to tackle the problem, you will assist them in that as well. I would like to make clear that you really don't have any options here; refusing or otherwise hindering their progress, or coming back from the mission as the only two survivors will have severe repurcussions. Worship time is fast approaching. Meet them in the common room of the Crusaders Arms inn an hour after noon. You are now temporary agents of Amstrad. I sure hope this Lord Kulvan has a good eye for talent"

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Roland Goldsteel, Tristan, Wulf and Diactum: As you enter the relatively empty dining room, with only Governor Starke and his personal guard in there, he greets you warmly, and after several formalities congratulating you on recovering several items of great value on your last quest against the Hobgoblin warlord, and the amazing cache of protective items found in the mountain lair of Funoman the Abjurer, who had reportedly gone quite insane, he finally comes down to business. On the dining table you find a rather large map of the surrounding area."A bit more than a week ago a tax levying party under the crown of Amstrad was sent to the hills here." Governor Starke points the place, a village called Highloom, out on the map."It disappeared completely. So did the first party of four Knights we sent out to investigate. Hence, we need someone with a bit more skill. Therefore I want you four to investigate these troubles and report back. If you think you can solve the problems that are plaguing our taxmen, we will give you 900 golden crowns each to take care of your continuing expenses. There should be a chest with some already levied taxes, which is to be returned if possible." Governor Starke takes a sip of his tea before continuing. There is an added difficulty to this mission, or perhaps a boon. You will be accompanied by two other adventurers, who are under sentence to aid you to the best of their abilities. They were, and in a way still are, in a service of a lord from Corum named Kulvan. Their crime is unimportant to you, but you should note that they might be dangerous. If they at any point in time prove to have switched allegiances, regard them as enemies of the crown. However, I don't think it will come to that point, and you will actually welcome some of their abilities to add to your group. If you have no further questions, they will be in the Crusaders Arms Inn an hour after noon, where you should try and become acquainted in order to form an effective group."

Last edited:

takew

First Post
Come to my manor after worship hours this Godsday. Your presence is requested in the dining room where I will impart you with a mission.

We do so and probably get to hear the story you told DW7 and Ilan... So we wait in the Crusaders Arms Inn till noon when the 2 convicts should arive.

OOC: Wulf?!?!? Who the f is Wulf? Update please on the party (by mail)

Ilan

First Post
We ofcourse go to the Arm's Inn around noonish, I open the door and the foul smell of a human Inn get's hold of me. "This isn't as clean as my arse" I remark to Deepwinter. I think spotting the paladin isn't a great effort, so we can see them clearly as we enter. "That must be them, my friend."

I approach the table and greet them:
"Hello, I understand that you will be our companions in this trip. I am Lord Ilan Moonbow of the Elven kingdom, Knight of the noble city of Dunraven and this is my friend Deepwinter 7."

takew

First Post
As we see the elf enter, Tristan murmers to his friend "Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic life form...?"

I stand up and look at the elf who I take to be the leader for the other guys face is already lost out of my mind."So I take you 2 two be the convicts. You aren't welcom and know that I don't trust you. But my trust can be gained by showing your good qualities in battle and life."

OOC: Change of alignment to Lawful Good, but I'll send you my sheet within 48 hours.

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
In response to the reply of Tristan, (assuming that he takes out the drow remark but still keeps the remark about trust), I turn to the Paladin: "I see by your holy symbol that you are a follower of Heironeous." I smile. "Mabye you would do me the pleasure to introduce your party, since the warrior here has no manners and then we perhaps can talk and discus what to do since my friend and I don't know what the plan is."

Remove ads