Assault on Raven's Ruin - OOC

Kularian

First Post
*waves* Yo.

Sorry for the absence, but the X-mas time always invades my schedule in a variety of unpleasant ways. So expect my activity to be sporadic at best until early next year.

Aurora: I know how that goes. I wish you good luck in fixing everything!

EDIT: Just caught up, and I'm confused when looking at the map, lol. Are the 1-3 goblins, or are the G's? And if it's the G's, which 'G' is Grimgour? Just wondering, since I'm not entirely sure...

Last edited:

dog45

First Post
I suppose it could be clearer...

The 1-3's are the corner numbers. The G's on the dark squares are the goblins on top of the ledge. The G next to the 1 is Gimgour.

Difflam

First Post
I'm a little rusty on DC checks, maybe someone can explain something to me. The DC to burst the Net is 25, requiring a Strength check. Does this mean that someone with a STR less than 20 (and hence getting a +5 on STR checks) would never be able to burst a net?

Also, what are the rules regarding if 2 people attempt to burst the net, how does their strength combine?

I'm also uncertain what kind of benefit using a bladed weapon to assist in bursting the net would have. Common sence would suggest that cutting your way out of a net would be a lot easier than trying to rip it with your bare hands.

I believe it can be sundered since it has only 5 hitpoints and apparently no hardness. I don't know what it's AC is but it can't possibly be particularly high, on the other hand the folks in nets are missing a big chunk of their attack rolls.

I figure we'll just skip bothering to escape until after the battle's over, Marika can contribute by charming enemies and Grimgour can use concentration to cast spells if we don't decide to charm them both. Then we'll take 20 and aid anothers from everybody else to get out.

D.Shaffer

First Post
I think that in the case of two people trying to break a neat, you can still use 'Aid Another' to help, so +2 Circumstance bonus to the roll. Still not looking to good there. You're better off just cutting or burning through it and thus treating it like attacking an object.

And I'll see what I can do. :D

dog45

First Post
Sorry for the lack of updates. The holidays hustle combined with a sudden jobsearch left me little time for gaming. But everything's settled now and I'll continue the game tonight.

Remove ads