Assault on Raven's Ruin - OOC

dog45

First Post
The feathers are completely nonmagical. However, due to your close examination, you discover bits of a sticky black substance semi-hardened on some of the feathers.

dog45

First Post
Hey, I didn't write the module. But - I think I will be using that trap again in future gaming.

According to the rules, yes, you get XP for the trap. I think it's a stupid rule. XP will be given out at the end, but this is a short one-shot anyway so it doesn't really matter.

If after this mod is done and people liked it, I might consider doing another adventure. If any of the characters in the current game were to play in that one, there would be a flat level bump to bring your character up to whatever ECL the game is at.

D.Shaffer

First Post
dog45 said:
How far around the ledge is Grimgour going?
Not far. I went around the corner once but didnt go into the unexplored bit of hallway. (A fact I'm soon correcting)

I didnt expect to make the jump either, but you never can tell. :lol:

Oh, and I'm not even gonna bother to make a move silent check. We know how doomed to failure that'd be. (I got -1 with all my gear on. :p )

Last edited:

dog45 said:
Hey, I didn't write the module. But - I think I will be using that trap again in future gaming.

According to the rules, yes, you get XP for the trap. I think it's a stupid rule. XP will be given out at the end, but this is a short one-shot anyway so it doesn't really matter.

If after this mod is done and people liked it, I might consider doing another adventure. If any of the characters in the current game were to play in that one, there would be a flat level bump to bring your character up to whatever ECL the game is at.
Oh I wasn't complaining, I think it's quite funny. I wrote a humorous module once in which the adventurers went through a keep where every trapepd chest held a cursed piece of junk while all the useful stuff was hanging on hooks or stands in the open unprotected. The rationale was that the entire place had been built by a somewhat unwise trickster (You also couldn't use Detect Magic inside) who figured nobody would bother to steal the unprotected things on the grounds that if it was valuable the owner would want it locked up.

dog45

First Post
Difflam - I've numbered the corners on the map. Which corner (and respective corridor) are you going down?

I think I'll keep with the numbering system. It should make it easier to relate your posts to the map. Just put the info in an OOC sblock. For example.

[sblock=ooc]my character goes around corner 2 and moves 15 feet past it.[/sblock]

Please be patient with me as I work out works and what doesn't to replicate tactical combat in PbP. If yall have any ideas I'd appreciate them (as well as criticism).

Difflam

First Post
Well I guess Polmor is going around corner 1, walking towards corner 2. When he gets to corner 2 he will have a look whats around that corner before proceeding.

I just added an ooc block, and I realized I don't actually know how to put in an ooc block! :lol: Can someone help me out? :)

Last edited:

dog45

First Post
This is what you type: (remove the * )

[*sblock=OOC]text goes here[/sblock]

This is what you get:

[sblock=OOC]text goes here[/sblock]

Remove ads