Ceramic DM autumn '03(final judegment: new ceramic dm champ!)

Macbeth

First Post
mythago said:
Mythago. The witches' servant spoke thee fair and true;
but as is plain to see with open eye,
I am no man.

Macbeth. D'oh!
Just to be nitpicky, the Bard himself (any relation to Raab Himself from Jackass?) was more liberal then you allow: Macbeth could be harmed by "none of women born," so that would imply man or women.

Advantage: Macbeth

mythago

Hero
Not quite. Check out Act V, Scene III.

Bring me no more reports; let them fly all:
Till Birnam wood remove to Dunsinane,
I cannot taint with fear. What's the boy Malcolm?
Was he not born of woman? The spirits that know
All mortal consequences have pronounced me thus:
'Fear not, Macbeth; no man that's born of woman
Shall e'er have power upon thee.' Then fly,
false thanes,
And mingle with the English epicures:
The mind I sway by and the heart I bear
Shall never sag with doubt nor shake with fear.

alsih2o

First Post
mythago vs. macbeth, round 2

maldur-

mythago: Voodoo magic, riders, african warlord, and strange special ops. "Wicked"
Its a strange tale, but aren't all tales strange when they involve voodoo?

macbeth: Another bumbling CIA agent story. R&B groups with AK-47's? also a very odd tale.

Verdict: Mythago, gets my vote, as his story is more coherent and just more creepy. But well done you two!

speaker-

Mythago: Evoking the days when gods roamed the earth as men and women, your
tale is well thought out and intriguing. I am very impressed with your
handling of the pictures, the creativity shown here. The story itself read
very well.

Macbeth: I love those allusions to Greek myth imbedded in this CIA
mission. The use of the pictures might have been handled a little better,
but all around this is competent tale.

My vote goes to Mythago

alsih2o-

mythago: parts of this seemed very interesting (love the sorensen bit) but i felt like i missed a chapter, or it was part of a running series and i missed the first few. the pictures were all used a bit predictably, altho i liked the slight twist on the women.

macbeth: seems to be struggling at the edge of a genre. i like the idea, but the execution could improve. there are some serious gem lines in here ("How much longer do ya' think he'll last?"

"Not long."

"Then how abouts we go get some food, I've seen enough torture for the day.") but i think they will find a limited audience. but hey, john waters does ok with a limited audience.

i have to go with macbeth, because i laughed way out loud a couple of times("yeah, i'm CIA") and was less confused.

looks like mythago 2-1. let's see if she takes advantage of the 2-3 break with proper nutrition and a good training regimen...

mythago

Hero
*can breathe now*

Well fought, Macbeth!

alsih2o said:
mythago: parts of this seemed very interesting (love the sorensen bit) but i felt like i missed a chapter, or it was part of a running series and i missed the first few.

My fault for trying to keep it from being too long.

That *is* a picture of a drag queen, innit?

alsih2o

First Post
mythago said:
My fault for trying to keep it from being too long.

That *is* a picture of a drag queen, innit?

i don't know.
i studied art, i was trained not to read all the words surrounding the pretty pictures :)

Macbeth

First Post
mythago said:
Not quite. Check out Act V, Scene III.

Bring me no more reports; let them fly all:
Till Birnam wood remove to Dunsinane,
I cannot taint with fear. What's the boy Malcolm?
Was he not born of woman? The spirits that know
All mortal consequences have pronounced me thus:
'Fear not, Macbeth; no man that's born of woman
Shall e'er have power upon thee.' Then fly,
false thanes,
And mingle with the English epicures:
The mind I sway by and the heart I bear
Shall never sag with doubt nor shake with fear.

Act IV, Scene I

Be bloody, bold, and resolute! Laugh to scorn The pow'r of man, for none of woman born Shall harm Macbeth

I geuss If you assume he's refering to the man from the first part of the sentence...

Either way, Good Job, it was close, as I expected, but Your supperior writing style payed off. Now You've got to go on to the finals and win so I can say I lost to the first place Cermic DM.

A postmortem on mine: I wrote most of it in a single morning. I really should have spent more time, but Real Life gets in the way. I think that, If I had more time to put my ideas to the keyboard things might have been different.

But, No hard feelings, I lost to a worthy opponent (with a good knowledge of Shakespeare, I might add), and it was close. Good Luck Mythago. I'll keep reading the entries.

Remove ads