Ceramic DM - Spring 2005 (Late Bloomer) - We have a winner.

BSF

Explorer
Berandor said:
Now you've swapped secrets with Piratecat and sialia you think you're unbeatable, don't you?
Umm, Berandor, Mythago has never lost a match that I can see. From where I sit, she was unbeatable before swapping secrets.

Good luck though! :D

So what are your schedules looking like? When should I post? Do you want the speed round as Rodrigo suggests?

mythago

Hero
Berandor said:
Now you've swapped secrets with Piratecat and sialia you think you're unbeatable, don't you?

Actually, I'm now pretty sure that Sialia could whup me with one typing hand tied behind her back, a bad case of carpal tunnel in the other hand, and a hangover.

Berandor said:
"You broke it! You broke my quill! Well, that's it." He lovingly caresses the feather before putting it carefully away. "You can't just break a man's quill and expect to get away with it.

I've broken *many* a man's quill in my time, sonny. :D

Speed round would be OK for me but I would have to get the pictures on the weekend--I have an odd schedule this week and there's no freakin' way I could do a 24-hour match until Saturday. Otherwise, 72 hours works fine.

Last edited:

Maldur

First Post
Macbeth said:
Wow, I thought about posting an ENWorld Worldcon thread, but never got around to it. Too bad.

I'm actually at the Last day of the Con now, having a great time (found some awesome dice, among other things), and I lvoe Glasgow, wonderful city. Leaving for LOndon tomorrow. I'll have to check out the Ceramic DM Collection that En Publishing put out when I get back.

I just got back from london, but a friend of mine was at world con ( she text messaged me , with something like, you should be here, but then it was too late, four of my favourite writers did attent though . grumbles)

Berandor

lunatic
BardStephenFox said:
Umm, Berandor, Mythago has never lost a match that I can see. From where I sit, she was unbeatable before swapping secrets.
So? I'm not gonna lose this one without smack-talk.

So what are your schedules looking like? When should I post? Do you want the speed round as Rodrigo suggests?
I defer to mythago for scheduling, as long as its on the weekend :D

Seriously though, one day of weekend would be extremely supergreat. I don't think I can do a god job during the week - but I will try if I must. As for speed match - only if I get a weekend :) But I'll defer to mythago on this one, too. If I won, I could say I won on her own terms, and after I've lost, I can at least claim to have been inconvenienced by all the fancy scheduling only a lawyer could do.

Of course, I still hope mythago is too busy for a match-up and didn't really want to go there, so she'll run away a second time :D

Edited To Add: So she posted already. Seems like a weekend match, which is wonderfully terrifying - I mean terrific.

Oh, and if it's a speed match (not that I would be fine with 72 hours), can we do 36 hours? That way, nobody would be too badly hurt by an inconvenient posting time.

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
Hmm, good point. We do have something like a 9 hour differential between Berandor and Mythago. That is pretty rough in a 24 hour write off.

What are the preferences?
24 hour write off and both of you can just use coffee instead of sleep?
36 hour write off to make the preface to the Ceramic DM PDF true at least once?
72 hour slow bake write off?

I need judges that can work with it as well. It sounds like at least part of it will happen over weekend hours though.

Berandor

lunatic
I think I'm more dependant on editing than mythago, so 72 hours would be swell, 36 fine, and 24 a little scary. (In addition to the scariness of facing the uber-cursor ;))

Edit: I just want to say that I'll see Sin City on thursday, when it opens in Germany, so I make no promises with regard to the profanity filter :D

BSF

Explorer
I remember when Mythago's title was 'Iconic Blinky Thing'.

Should we run a seperate thread for the write off? Or just tack it onto the end of this one?

Remove ads