Ceramic DM autumn '03(final judegment: new ceramic dm champ!)

NiTessine

Explorer
Err... Not to sound pushy or anything, when will the judgement for me vs. Sparky posted? I keep reading the entries and I am getting less and less certain of my certain victory. Make the doubting stop?

alsih2o

First Post
waiting on one more judgement for you there nit vs sparky :)

as for length limit, we have never formally named one, but macbeth came pretty close to writing right up to the line there :)

cool hand luke

First Post
word count

Macbeth's entry = 3031 words

Cool hand Luke's = 2098.

Make sure you heavily weight those extra 33 words that Macbeth had to use in making his vastly inferior story.

alsih2o

First Post
Nitesse vs Sparky

Maldur-

Nitesse: the arogance of of the high level mage is amazing. A ruthless series of spells, and the comment on resurection, Very nice.

Sparky: A strange tale of monks, dragons and incomprehensable rites. I just love the idea of a dragon hiding from a crowd, within the robes of a monk.

I say Sparky for this one!

Speaker-

NiTessine presents one very nasty end to one deserving assassin. The use to
which the pictures were put is very well done. I like the idea that the
mage cares not for the dead girl because 'She could always be resurrected.'
Sounds like a PC or two I've known.

Sparky's world is one I find very interesting. His use of language feels
right and proper, and the dialogue between characters clear and realistic.
I particularly liked his use of the mud and eye images.

Sparky has my vote.

Alsih2o-

nit presents us with a different view of the pit particularly and i like that. the pictures say soemthing to everyone, i am usually interested in what else they are saying. nit always does this well. very caught up in one series of actions though. it seems an encounter more than an adventure or story.

sparky starts odd and finishes with it too. i like the "feel" of this one.

unfortunately nit always shows up and does well, against someone who does really well.

i vote for sparky.

unanimous decision in sparkys favor. 3-0

Macbeth

First Post
Ummmm.. I hope that having a long entry won't count against me in this round, since no length was stated. I would be happy to write a shorter entry in the next round (assuming I will make it), but I just think that without a stated length having a long entry shouldn't sount against me.

Macbeth

First Post
Let us not forget that Cool Hand Luke is 33 words shorter, and that, no matter what your girl friend tells you, length does matter.

NiTessine

Explorer
Ach, again... I hate it when this happens. Well, congratulations to you, Sparky, and you'd better go on to win this thing... :D

Last edited:

Remove ads