Dockside Diversion (level 1-2)

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus tries to step back a little, finding himself now the only thing between the purple haired Elven maiden and the pincers of the flashing bugs. This moment of uncertainty leaves his attention divided at just the moment the bug buzzes forward and chomps into his arm and shoulder. His head snaps around to face the beetle.

Alright, you bugger. You asked for it!

He swings the Lucern Hammer at the floating bug as it tries to back up from its attack. He winces a little as his shoulder and arm remind him of the fact he's just been chomped...

OOC: Gah! Just realized I haven't been counting the Bless for my to hit mod. d'oh!

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel focuses her arcane energy into her weapon granting it even more powers which hopefully will allow her to fight more effectively than before. She then casts a spell that sends a ray of freezing cold out towards the nearest bug, which she follows up with a swing of her sword to the same creature.

OOC: targeting the bug in square L-4 with both the spell and sword.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 10 // Current: 10
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +2

Current Weapon: M.W. Longsword +3 (1d8+2), CRIT: 19-20/x2

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 3 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
2/2 First Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized: Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Flare
First Level Spells: True Strike, Color Spray
Arcane Pool: 3/4[/sblock]

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kazanto unleashes another pyroclastic surge at the beetles.

OOC: Casting Burning Hands. Should hit all four beetles in this configuration. Will eat the AoO. Reflex DC 15.

Last edited:

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge tries to move into position to attack any bug he can get at, though it appears that he is hedged behind his companions.

OOC: If it is possible for me to get within range of a bug and attack, I do so. If not I will hold my attack and watch for an opportunity. (I will risk an AoO to get within range.)

GlassEye

Adventurer
With a crack Marcus splits open the shell of another beetle and it falls to the dock the light in its abdomen pulsing weakly.

When Fae'Shiel casts her spell the beetle snaps out at her with its pincher-like mandibles but misses. Startled by the attack the spell goes wildly off target. However, the elf follows her spell with a sword attack that sends the beetle spinning to the ground next to the one Marcus killed.

Now clear, Kazanto casts her spell without danger and her fire washes over the remaining beetles leaving them blackened carcasses.

Ehdge doesn't see any more beetles but he hears the heavy tread of something behind him. When he turns he sees a massive lizardfolk male, easily topping seven feet tall and with scales the dark gray-green of hanging moss, striding the length of the dock towards them. He wears a loose wrap of cloth about his waist, either an affectation or a nod to human modesty, and several pieces of heavy, gold jewelry around his wrists.

He surveys the scene with his yellow, reptilian eyes, glancing at each member of the impromptu group. Eyes narrow and linger on Zaphyn before turning to back to Kazanto. He bows to the merfolk woman.

"Greetings, Sea Sister. Sekmun of Hruthrip, in your debt. You and your... servants have saved me from the fines that would be weighed against me for damage caused by my escaped cargo. Let me show appreciation."

Sekmun pulls a plain but heavy band of gold from one wrist and presents it to Kazanto.

[sblock=Combat Info]
Initiative
Beetles
Party

Party Status
Fae'shiel: 10/10 hp remaining
Marcus: 7/12 hp remaining
Ehdge:
Darius:
Zaphyn: 16/20 hp remaining
Kazanto: 17/20 hp remaining

Spells Cast: Bless (Kazanto), Color Spray (Fae'Shiel), Burning Hands (Kazanto), Enlarge Person (Darius)
Conditions: Bless (Party), Dazzled (Fae'Shiel (1/2 rnds), Kazanto(2/3 rnds))

Enemy Status
Beetles: Dead[/sblock][sblock=Rewards]1,210 xp (242 xp each) & 1,700 gp (340 gp each). Time xp/gp will be calculated when we're finished.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel frowns when the lizardfolk calls her a servant of the merlady, apparently this lizard has no inkling of who Fae'shiel happens to be, else he might be referring to the others as Fae'shiel's servant. But that matters at this point.

Now that the creatures were dead, Fae'shiel could finally inspect them with more than a cursory glance that she commonly gave enemies during battle. As such she goes over to the nearest of the defeated insects and begins examining it's carcass with keen interest. A habit that she developed while she was in the Wizarding Academy, they taught her never to leave what may prove to be a potential ingredient to a spell unexamined.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The insects, what is left of them anyway, resemble extremely over-sized fireflies. A bit of the dimly glowing glands in their abdomens might possibly be used as the component in the light spell and Fae'Shiel could easily stock her spell component pouch with a bit to test the theory. More than that and she believes she would have to have the Sapian Codex pertaining to the natural world or equivalent knowledge to know more.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel not having the ability to cast the light spell herself just hums the discovery and files it in the back of her mind for the time being as a minor curiousity. She turns to Kazanto and says "I do not know if thee can cast the light spell or not, but it mayhaps interest thee to know that I believe the luminescent glands of these beetles may prove useful as a component in that spell. I myself never had the opportunity to learn that spell so at the moment these beetles are of little use to me."

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
As the beetles fall from the sky and cook on the docks, Kazanto begins to relax. The light burning inside her dims, and she breathes strongly, her gills flexing in the air.

She turns to Sekmun. "What? Oh, um, no problem, really. I don't know if 'servants' is the right term for the others, here. We just all came out to help. But thank you! You're really nice. Hey! You were planning to sell these bugs? What do you use them for? Are they like lobster?"

With a quick aside to Fae'shiel, she adds, "Sorry, I don't know light... but I should, yeah?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Aye, the spell is helpful. Though I prefer combat oriented spells." Fae'shiel says with a look of disdain at the insects as she stands up and dusts herself off.

Last edited:

Remove ads