Dockside Diversion (level 1-2)

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus swings, sending his second buzzing victim spiraling out of control to its fate. He readies his hammer and looks around and watches the others get engulfed, give a quick buglike scream of pain and drop to the dock like over ripe fruit. He eyes the Lizardfolk warily when he becomes aware of him, but relaxes just a bit when he doesn't attack, but instead walks up to the mermaiden and they begin talking. He kneels down next to one of the bugs and looks at the mandibles on the head of the thing. He then stands up and steps back, rubbing his arm and shoulder a little. The exchange of the armband doesn't go unnoticed and Marcus smiles. He takes one last look around, making sure all the 'cargo' is quite dead before turning and dipping the head of his hammer into the water off the edge of the dock, in effect washing off the bug goo. Once that is done the hammer is returned to its accustomed spot on his back and he stands quietly, listening.

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge looks at the new arrival and then scans the docks...

"Are there any more of these beasts around that we should know about?" he asks the lizardfolk.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Noting Marcus cleaning his own weapon off in the Water Fae'shiel glances down at her sword and frowns at the insect intestines that are coating it. Though unlike Marcus she does not dip the sword into the water. Instead she takes her cloak and wipes the sword clean on the edge of the cloak. Then she sheathes her sword, removes the cloak and proceeds to where the water and land meets and cleans the cloak in the shallows.

This she does because she does not wish to get her sword wet or risk causing it to rust in any way.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus looks around again, noting that things have settled well. Still shaking his arm, he turns and walks back down the dock, at a much slower pace than the assorted crowd had rushed past them just moments before.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sekmun bares his teeth in what you guess is supposed to mimic a smile.

"Not for eating, no. The wise men of bottles, alchemists, I believe they are called, grind up some portion of the beetle for their mixtures. I do not know the specifics.

As for other flights of beetles, I believe others are dealing with them. I thank you and apologize for misunderstanding your status."

He stiffens as Marcus and Fae'Shiel blithely go about their business without even taking the time to speak to him or introduce themselves.

"Are elven-kind always so rude? In my home if I were treated like that I would kill and eat them." He again displays his teeth. "And they call me 'Savage' " He shakes his head in disbelief at the extremely poor manners shown by the two adventurers.

toasterferret

Explorer
OOC: Haha, I'm slow to post for one day and everything dies :p

Darius turns from the carnage on the docks, spying the Lizardman standing behind them as he eyes Zaphyn.

"Don't mind him, he's completely under control" Darius calls out. "Glad we could be of service to you. I'm Darius, may I know who I am speaking to?"

Zaphyn stops to lick the blood and phosphorescent goo from his lips, hissing to himself. "SSSssSSSOMEDAYYyyyYYYYyyy....."

Ehdge

First Post
Since there appears to no longer be a threat, Ehdge removes a rag from his pack and cleans the bug guts from his greatsword.

He looks at Sekmun and and says, "Well, Captain Sekmun, I thank you for a bit of excitement at least." He grins and heads back towards the inn.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
After cleaning her weapon Fae'shiel returns to the others in time to hear the Lizardfolk complaining about her manners. At which she says "My apologies. I do not have much experience with the customs of Lizardfolk. I am Lady Fae'shiel Aeros of the Harran Forest. I hope thee can forgive me."

GlassEye

Adventurer
The lizardfolk warrior nods a greeting to Darius.

I am Sekmun of Hruthrip. I am honored to meet a Wise One strong enough to bind one of the demon-kind."

He nods as Ehdge takes his leave, respecting the warrior's strength of arms, before turning to respond to Fae'Shiel.

"I find the customs of courtesy are similar amongst the speaking races; only the particulars differ. I accept your offer of apology."

Sekmun bows to those still remaining on the dock.

My thanks, and my debt, goes with you. Should you come to Hruthrip on the Ouhm, seek the compound of Sekmun and you shall be a guest among my tribe and we will feast in your honor."

[sblock=OOC]Well. That went by quickly. Well done. Clearly, I need to up my game in order to provide a better challenge. We can linger as long as you like but this Diversion is effectively over. Thanks for participating; feel free to ask any questions you might have, return to the Dunn Wright Inn or whatever.

My count is eight days.
Time XP/GP for 1st levels: 56 xp / 48 gp
Total XP/GP (encounter + time) for 1st levels: 298 xp / 388 gp

Time XP/GP for 2nd levels: 88 xp / 88 gp
Total XP/GP (encounter + time) for 2nd levels: 330 xp / 428 gp[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel nods to the Lizardfolk in thanks to his offer of hospitality should she ever find herself in his homeland. She then decides it time to try to find some weapons that would aid her in fending off some of the more difficult opponents that cannot be dealt with simply by means of a sword. As such she heads off to the City's market place.

Remove ads