Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Friadoc said:
With a light step, Friadoc follows the woman through the crowd, dealing a stealthy poke in a sensitive or inappropriate place upon any who molest the woman. Once he is able, the monastic wanderer will politely get the young woman's attention.

"Excuse me, miss," says Friadoc with a disarming smile. He does his best to not pose a threat to the young lady "May I ask a favor of you?"

The woman glances down offhandedly at the halfling as she delivers her drinks. "If yer wantin' an ale, find a table. Anything else, the answer's probably no." The woman is obviously busy and has no time to stand around and talk. Of course, that probably wouldn't stop someone like Friadoc.

Friadoc

Explorer
industrygothica said:
The woman glances down offhandedly at the halfling as she delivers her drinks. "If yer wantin' an ale, find a table. Anything else, the answer's probably no." The woman is obviously busy and has no time to stand around and talk. Of course, that probably wouldn't stop someone like Friadoc.

"Oh, I'd like an ale, but I'm not one for sitting still," says Friadoc as he easily keeps up with the woman, unlike the average halfling, he's not even struggling to keep up with the normally long-legged pace of the tall folk. Once he is sure that they're farther away from most prying ears, the halfling asks her a simple enough question.

"Actually, I was wondering if you'd let me help you," says Friadoc sincerely. "You really don't seem like you're happy."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Friadoc said:
"Oh, I'd like an ale, but I'm not one for sitting still," says Friadoc as he easily keeps up with the woman, unlike the average halfling, he's not even struggling to keep up with the normally long-legged pace of the tall folk. Once he is sure that they're farther away from most prying ears, the halfling asks her a simple enough question.

"Actually, I was wondering if you'd let me help you," says Friadoc sincerely. "You really don't seem like you're happy."

"Well, yer an observant little guy, aren't ya?" she says as she slides a mug of ale in front of the halfling. "And just how do ye plan on helpin' me, and for what?"
-----------------------------------

Rokelsh reaches out to grab his opponent, but the drunken dwarf is quicker than he expected and slips through, and only the big man's instinct helped him to dodge the forthcoming blow.

Both Rogash and Rokelsh are thinking the same thing: Well, this is going nowhere. While each is sure they've likely earned the others' admiration, they both want this over with.

The crowd begins to boo. Apparently they do too.

----------------------------------
"Mind yerself, little guy. This may get ugly," the pretty waitress warns Friadoc as the crowd starts to show signs of getting anxious. She picks up a heavy wooden serving tray and holds vertically in both hands like a shield, obviously preparing for the worst.

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

Tired of this farce and not intersted in facing down an angry crowd, Rogash speaks in a voice he hopes only his opponent can hear. "I'm only doin' this 'cause they forced me in here. I don't care who wins, what say we give the crowd a little show and get out of here with as few bruises as possible?" He offers a defensive posture as a sign of goodwill. "I'll roll at your feet and you fall over me eh?" He makes a move toward the bigger man and suddenly drops to the floor rolling at the man's feet. He knows that if the warrior doesn't go for it he's gonna take a mean kick.

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
industrygothica said:
"Well, yer an observant little guy, aren't ya?" she says as she slides a mug of ale in front of the halfling. "And just how do ye plan on helpin' me, and for what?"
-----------------------------------
[snip]
----------------------------------
"Mind yerself, little guy. This may get ugly," the pretty waitress warns Friadoc as the crowd starts to show signs of getting anxious. She picks up a heavy wooden serving tray and holds vertically in both hands like a shield, obviously preparing for the worst.

"It's what I do," says Friadoc before taking a pull from his ale. He adds with a slight chuckle, "Observe, adapt, overcome."

With a smile towards the serving girl, Friadoc says, "The plan will depend on the details of help you need, as fo a reward....honestly there is no need to talk of it, since none will be required." With a shrug of his shoulder, he adds, "It's what I do...help."

Friadoc moves into a casual, but more protective stance near the girl as fight turns the crowd ugly, he quips, "But, it was such a pinnacle of civilized restraint before." After a slight pause, he adds, "By the way, the name is Friadoc."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Friadoc said:
"It's what I do," says Friadoc before taking a pull from his ale. He adds with a slight chuckle, "Observe, adapt, overcome."

With a smile towards the serving girl, Friadoc says, "The plan will depend on the details of help you need, as fo a reward....honestly there is no need to talk of it, since none will be required." With a shrug of his shoulder, he adds, "It's what I do...help."

Friadoc moves into a casual, but more protective stance near the girl as fight turns the crowd ugly, he quips, "But, it was such a pinnacle of civilized restraint before." After a slight pause, he adds, "By the way, the name is Friadoc."

ooc: by "for what", she meant for what problem, not for what price. ;)

"'Tis good, 'cause I wasn't offerin' no reward, Mr. Friadoc. Besides, you don't even know if I have a problem, only that I'm not happy at the moment. 'Course, it may be getting better now." The girl grins as she raises the makeshift shield closer to her face. She obviously enjoys this part, likely because a brawl would bring a quick closure to the night.

"And my name is Vardi," she adds with a stifled giggle.

Friadoc

Explorer
industrygothica said:
"'Tis good, 'cause I wasn't offerin' no reward, Mr. Friadoc. Besides, you don't even know if I have a problem, only that I'm not happy at the moment. 'Course, it may be getting better now." The girl grins as she raises the makeshift shield closer to her face. She obviously enjoys this part, likely because a brawl would bring a quick closure to the night.

"And my name is Vardi," she adds with a stifled giggle.

"Nice to meet you, Vardi," says Friadoc with a smile. "It's just Friadoc, by the way, no last name, only a first name."

"Ahh, so I take it that it's more the what's going on that makes you not happy," asks Friadoc. "Not where you are, right?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rokelsh gives Rogash (man, that's getting really confusing) a nod that is barely noticeable, and the dwarf dives at the big man's feet. As Rokelsh tumbles over the dwarf, the crowd is temporarily silenced, or at least as silenced as they're going to get.

ooc: I'm thinking some bluff checks here, with whomever has the lower modifier aiding the other. Of course the crowd will take penalties because they want to believe you, and they're nice and tanked up. Should be interesting.
----------------------
"You really are a nosy sort, aren't you Friadoc," the waitress says with half-hearted grin. "Looks like things have calmed down now, I best be servin' some drinks."

From the look on the girl's face, Friadoc senses that he may have been wrong--it very well may be where she is at that she is unhappy with.

This is a big city, he wonders to himself. Why doesn't she just find another tavern?

Friadoc

Explorer
industrygothica said:
"You really are a nosy sort, aren't you Friadoc," the waitress says with half-hearted grin. "Looks like things have calmed down now, I best be servin' some drinks."

From the look on the girl's face, Friadoc senses that he may have been wrong--it very well may be where she is at that she is unhappy with.

This is a big city, he wonders to himself. Why doesn't she just find another tavern?

"The curse of being observant, Vardi," says Friadoc with a wry grin and chuckle. "As a boy I use to drive the brothers and sisters at the monestary crazy."

Friadoc will casually sip his ale, while watching Vardi serve for awhile. His thoughts will be trying to work out what could be holding her here. Does she look old enough to have had a child?

industrygothica

Adventurer
Friadoc said:
"The curse of being observant, Vardi," says Friadoc with a wry grin and chuckle. "As a boy I use to drive the brothers and sisters at the monestary crazy."

Friadoc will casually sip his ale, while watching Vardi serve for awhile. His thoughts will be trying to work out what could be holding her here. Does she look old enough to have had a child?

While Vardi is quite young, it is certainly possible that she is in her child-bearing years.

Remove ads