[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4(e)"

Friadoc

Explorer
As per my standard campaign model, here are the minimum bits of information:

Starting level is 1st, with stat generation coming from point buy using the high fantasy campaign type, and I do max hit points at 1st level and each level beyond.

The point buy can be found here - Getting Started

As for the campaign type, whether it'll be an AP or an open sandbox with my doing a variety of this and that, I'll also open to discussion.

I could easily see doing a coming of age/into power type campaign with folks from roughly the same area and community (generally this would be a sandbox) or there's a couple of Pathfinder AP's that I could run from the ones I've on hand. I'm good with either, although I tend to do better improv with a sandbox.

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
Also, as a quick addendum, I'm open to the optional classes from many of the Paizo books, but we'd need to talk about them and confirm them first. I'm less inclined to allow say a Ninja or a Samurai, and more accepting of a Gunslinger or a Witch, but the right story hook could easily sway me.

Anyhow, I'll look for replies come the morning.

Leif

Adventurer
As per my standard campaign model, here are the minimum bits of information:

Starting level is 1st, with stat generation coming from point buy using the standard fantasy campaign type (although, we could discuss going into one of the higher two types), and I do max hit points at 1st level and each level beyond.

The point buy can be found here - Getting Started

As for the campaign type, whether it'll be an AP or an open sandbox with my doing a variety of this and that, I'll also open to discussion.

I could easily see doing a coming of age/into power type campaign with folks from roughly the same area and community (generally this would be a sandbox) or there's a couple of Pathfinder AP's that I could run from the ones I've on hand. I'm good with either, although I tend to do better improv with a sandbox.
Sounds very cool, Friadoc! Count me in for sure! So far that's:
IG, Shayuri, Scott DeWar, jkason, Leif, right? Did I miss anyone?

My only character decision remaining is whether my fighter will be human or elven. Hmmmmm...

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia is one of the few concepts I have that would do well in a sandbox game, because she has a clear in-character goal. A drive!

15 point-buy is sufficient for her needs. More is always welcome, but it will do. :)

Creation proceeds!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am thinking maybe a monk from a local monistary - sort of a militant Jesuit feel.

ps: more point buy would be appreciated

jkason

First Post
I'm a bit late to the renewed party, but sounds like fun to me. I've gotten a smidge of a bad taste in my mouth trying to do AP's in PbP (I've played through the beginning of Rise of the Runelords three times, I think). They just seem to die out on me. Sandbox / improv, at least, allows for lulls and direction changes as we see what's inspiring at the moment.

Not sure on a character concept. I'm not sure how I'd rebuild Shai if I went that way. A World Walker Pack Lord sounds interesting; I could see Shai gathering up 'critters' as he leveled, probably to the gruff disgruntlement of Dyspeer. The logistics of that get a bit intimidating, though.

Looks like a lot of folk are shifting around, though, so I may take a look at some other favorites that fell by the wayside. Looks like we've got martial covered, with a fighter and a monk, and if Talashia is returning, arcane casting, as well. Shall have to ponder... :)

Shayuri

First Post
Definitely doing Talashia. Even have a short-form bio, since I can adapt what I've used before.

Basically, as a child her elemental powers tended to flare out of control and she was shipped off to a mage school. Just before the game begins she has returned to her home town all grown up and in command of her powers. If we're doing a thing where we all start out from the same town, you guys would know of her. She was a bossy, bratty, tomboyish little girl who had a reputation for her explosive temper and tendency to electrocute things around her when that temper went off.

...but of course, now she's all educated and mature, so you can be sure she's totally different now. ;)

As far as mechanics go, she'll be good at blasting and good at summoning, but not as utility/buff focused as a more generalist mage. She's also not much of a scholar; though her Knowledge: Arcana skill won't be too terrible.

If the game lasts until 7th level, Shazi will be making a comeback. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I'm a bit late to the renewed party, but sounds like fun to me. I've gotten a smidge of a bad taste in my mouth trying to do AP's in PbP (I've played through the beginning of Rise of the Runelords three times, I think). They just seem to die out on me. Sandbox / improv, at least, allows for lulls and direction changes as we see what's inspiring at the moment.

I am with this!

Definitely doing Talashia. Even have a short-form bio, since I can adapt what I've used before.

If the game lasts until 7th level, Shazi will be making a comeback. :)

I should be able to rebuild Caerwyn Thingol instead of the monk.

jkason

First Post
Okay, been pouring over oracle stuffs, since my previous attempt at one died quickly on the vine, and it looks like we could use some divine / buffing to go 'round. I'm thinking of a gnome Nature oracle. A wolf-riding little guy seems like a fun change-up on Shai's theme. :)

Probably aiming at Eldritch Heritage (verdant) at 3rd level, debating his curse, which will obviously impact the exact background.

Shayuri

First Post
Feel free to remake Caerwyn if you like, but don't feel obliged to. Caerwyn was originally added because a player wanted to link backgrounds with me. Talashia's concept doesn't specifically demand a brother, PC or otherwise. :)

Alternatively, if you want to play a monk he could still be related.

It's all good. Do what you want to do, then we can all decide how we're related or not.

Remove ads