Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [IC]

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental

"These are noble goals, all. Yet I am not so naiive that I might think for even one moment that you do not also have more goals of a baser nature. You are, after all, merely mortals and subject to the same temptations as are we all. I suppose that perhaps the best we could hope to do is to achieve some one or more of our more noble goals, while also accomplishing the best of our "worst" goals? Careful! Don't let me wax too philosophical!"

Shayuri

First Post
"There's nothing 'worst' or 'baser' about taking care of financial obligations," Talashia harumphs.

"As long as money is a means to a good end, not an end to itself, corruption isn't an issue."

She eyes the adventurer's beadily.

"So. Adventure. Saving lives. I expect there's a bit of treasure involved too? Like Uulark was intimating, noble goals alone don't buy meals."

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental

"Yes, of course, Talashia, you are correct. It is these financial obligations that permit us to keep body and spirit united and functioning well as a whole. I only meant them as "baser" in relation to the more noble goals of achieving good for all, and freedom for those who merit it. But, I am confident that you have caught my meaning, overall." ;)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
"I've always thought there can be a certain wonderful meeting of the goals, especially when certain types with entirely too much wealth think they don't need to share it." Caerwyn grins and downs his drink with a satisfied smile. "So, adventure down below the city y'say?"

Friadoc

Explorer
Mista Collins said:
"Pffffftttttt." Is the noise that Tanith makes as she spits some of her water out. This is immediately followed by some laughter. Once she is over the joke, she looks to these strangers. "Adventure. The idea that we may be able to save lives. The thought of doing something good. Eventually making a name for ourselves. Just the stuff heroes are known for doing in books and tales."

Friadoc casts a brief grin, followed by a wink, at Tanith, whom he just caused to mist her drink. "Would you like me to get you another glass?"

However, after a few moments, Friadoc's brief lapse of mischievousness melts away, with his monastic demeanor returning.

"I'm sure there is coin from time to time," answers Friadoc. "But, unlike the reputation of my kin, I'm not very good at keeping track of it and, outside of keeping a small stipend for my own upkeep, I'm prone to send my funds back to Chat'An."

With a pleasant smile toward Talashia, Friadoc does say, "Now, miss, you shouldn't mare a comely face with a look like that, I've often heard that if someone were to startle you it might just stick that way."

Shayuri

First Post
"Yes, well, I prefer to do the startling," Tal replies, schooling her face to smoothness.

She looks over her shoulder at Caerwyn.

"You know," she says more quietly, "I'm going to need some money soon. If there's treasure to be had under the city, we should get ourselves a share of it."

Mista Collins

First Post
'Well I am sure my companions would agree that we could use a hand in what we've encountered." Tanith says as she looks over at the others hoping for a nod or word of agreement.

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

The dwarf speaks now. "Aye, we could use the help, though I warn you, we've seen some powerful foes and brought back little in the way of treasure." He adds with a smile, "And the stink is beyond anything you can imagine."

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental

"Speak, please, Rogash, and tell us just what you have encountered in regard to creatures down where we are now proposing to go! It would be well to at least be mentally prepared to face our deaths calmly, if we cannot prepare ourselves to preserve our lives through the conduct of a successful encounter."

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Now fully clothed and mostly dry though still a tad disheveled, Shai and Dyspeer return to the common room.

"We haven't met the thing yet, but there's a Chaos Beast down there," Shai says with wide, child-like awe. "Turned a bunch of kobolds to jelly, that thing did."

Remove ads