• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [IC]

Shayuri

First Post
As if on cue, a woman comes down into the common room. Conversation pauses in a ripple around her as she descends. This is at least partly due to her looks, no doubt, as she is of surpassing loveliness. Her face is a perfect oval, framed by a wild shock of gleaming silver-white hair through which is wound a tiara of gleaming mithril with a single sapphire over her forehead; all the more unusual for that her skin is a deep tan, perhaps a shade lighter than Caerwyn's own skin. Where his is tough and leathery though; hardened by sun and elements, hers is soft and delicate looking, supple and flawless in complexion. Her eyes are a stormy grey-blue, like the ocean on a cloudy day. She wears a simple gown that hugs her figure before blossoming into a narrow skirt at her hips. Over it she has an odd sort of overgarment a little like a poncho made from a piece of cloth that's sheer enough to show her silhouette through, colored bright yellow around her shoulders but fading down into a deep violet around her thighs with the interface between them being jagged and irregular. At both sides, it is open, allowing her bare mocha arms to move freely. Around her shoulders sits a stone grey traveling cloak, with the hood down and buried under her hair.

There was also something to what Uulark had said. Despite the relative simplicity of her garb, the woman carried herself with all the unthinking confidence and grace of royalty.

All good reasons for the momentary cessation of speech around her. Another, likely more compelling, was that she was flying.

Well. Floating. An adventurer who'd seen mages flying would know the difference. She was drifting down from the floor above, simply dropping straight down instead of actually using the steps. The fall was slow, and her clothes and hair were whipping wildly as if in a gale, though no wind stirred around her. Not FAR around at least, though there was a twisting dervish under her feet that dissolved as she landed within it. When it faded, so too did whatever was blowing over and around her.

She then brushed off her hands, affecting an air as if nothing unusual had happened as she approached the others. Each of the adventurers feels the weight of her gaze in turn, and her full lips curve in an expression of amusement.

"Caerwyn, Uulark," she chides in a rich, slightly throaty voice, "I thought we might get some fresh air...I didn't realize it was fresher upstairs. Who are your...friends?"

Mista Collins

First Post
Sitting next to the halfling who introduced himself as Friadoc, sits a very nondescript woman dressed in a simple brown robe borrowed from the innkeeper. Though she faintly smells of lilacs and a fresh bath, a few ink smudges cover her fingers and one sits on the side of her nose. Her eyes look like they once held a bunch of innocence, but now just have the look of eyes that have seen something they'd rather forget.

She goes to introduce herself, but her attention is diverted as the woman floats down the stairs. Once she regains her composure, the plain clothed woman looks to the others. "I am Tanith. And we actually have been wading through a river of waste. Not a pleasant time."

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

"Dys! Get back here!" bellows a deep voice from upstairs even as a large wet dog comes barrelling down the steps and into the common room. No, not a dog: a wolf. Hot on his heels is a large, broad-shouldered man. His size and muscles might be intimidating if he weren't currently half-dressed, dripping water from his own hair and beard, and running frantically to catch the wolf.

"I told you we were almost done, I just have ta-" the man starts, but it's too late. The wolf starts shaking itself wildly, flinging water all over.

"--dry you off." the burly man finishes. He blushes fiercely, smacking the wolf's hind end and shooing it back upstairs.

"Awful sorry, folks. Dys doesn't like to be wet. I'll just ... I'll get us dried up and presentable and be right back." Despite his size, he looks at the moment very much like a shy child as he scrambles up the stair to finish making himself and his animal companion presentable.

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

Laughing at the actics of Shai and Dys, the dwarf comments, "We have explored the dark underside of this Godsforsaken city that is true. However, we are now bathed and ready for polite company once more." He takes healthy swallow from his mug and sighs contentedly, "Now that's a breath of fresh air."

Shayuri

First Post
With a momentary look of alarm...then distaste, she utters a few words in a breathy language, and passes her hand over herself. The water is pulled out of her clothing and forms a little ball in midair under her outstretched palm...then drops to the floor where it makes a little puddle.

"Doing what?" she asks Caerwyn. "Sleeping in a barn with dogs and...oh, no, you mean that."

She smirks.

"I felt like it. Why not? It's faster, easier...and it's not like I've been using magic for much else lately."

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Caerwyn looks up at his sister - the resemblance is noticeable, although the face of the young warrior is a bit more weathered - and laughs, shaking his head. "Well actually, dear sister, I was inquiring why it was these fine folks 'ad seen fit to wade through rivers of filth."

Shayuri

First Post
The sorceress wrinkles her nose.

"That would explain it. Just once though, I wish you'd stumble onto something nice to befriend. A unicorn maybe, or a band of wandering eladrin."

She looks at the others with what can only be described as morbid curiosity.

"So what DID lure you down there?"

Friadoc

Explorer
"A fel unicorn and a band of corrupted eladrin," says Friadoc with a fairly deadpan look. "It was quitre horrific, actually, but we survived."

However, Friadoc chuckles after saying it before he says, "Intrigue, adventure, you know, the same ol' thing."

Mista Collins

First Post
Friadoc said:
"A fel unicorn and a band of corrupted eladrin," says Friadoc with a fairly deadpan look. "It was quitre horrific, actually, but we survived."

"Pffffftttttt." Is the noise that Tanith makes as she spits some of her water out. This is immediately followed by some laughter. Once she is over the joke, she looks to these strangers. "Adventure. The idea that we may be able to save lives. The thought of doing something good. Eventually making a name for ourselves. Just the stuff heroes are known for doing in books and tales."

Remove ads