Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [IC]

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia doesn't really walk to the shop. She proceeds. It is a procession. Her chin is slightly lifted, and the smile playing about her lips suggests she enjoys the attention even as she seems to ignore it. The smug satisfaction vanishes, however, on seeing the boards.

Her reaction is initially one of confusion. She reaches out and touches the impediments, as if doubting their reality. She then tugs gently. Then pushes.

After these experimental tugs, she knocks on the boards covering the door. Then more loudly.

Finally she looks at Caerwyn.

"He can't possibly have gone out of business," she says in what might charitably be called a pleading tone of voice...or more accurately a 'whining' tone, shading rapidly up to anger. "He was going to sell me the scrolls I need! Do you know how few scribers will deal with planar bindings?!"

Now furious, Talashia wheels to face the door again and pounds. "Open up!"

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental

OOC: Uulark will try to see between the boards over the windows, and try to see if there is any sign of life within the shop.

"Don't necessarily despair yet, Talashia, this may be simply a repair measure to cover his windows due to a fire. Fires are more likely to occur in a place like an alchemist's shop, after all."

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Scotley said:
"I thought we were seeking out a scribbler rather than a brewer. Isn't this the shoppe of the missing Alchemist?"

Shai frowns, scratching the head of Dyspeer, whose hackles seem to have risen.

"Folk said he snuck out of town in the night," the furry man says, frowning. "Right in time for the noises we were lookin' into in the sewers to start. Some say he might have had something to do with it.

"If that's true, he might've used up all those scrolls keeping himself in one piece from what we've seen down there."

Shayuri

First Post
Talshia whirls to glare at the barbarian. Lightning crackles across her wrists, hands and fingers for a moment, and the smell of ozone lingers in the air until a breeze carries it away.

"He's -missing-? And you -knew-? Why didn't you tell us? We can't dawdle around here! We have to find him!"

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental

"But why are you so insistent about this? What does the Alchemist/Scribe really mean to you, and why are you keeping so silent about it?"

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

Shayuri said:
Talshia whirls to glare at the barbarian. Lightning crackles across her wrists, hands and fingers for a moment, and the smell of ozone lingers in the air until a breeze carries it away.

"He's -missing-? And you -knew-? Why didn't you tell us? We can't dawdle around here! We have to find him!"

Shai gives the young woman a crooked smile and wags his finger. "You should be more careful with Brother Lightning. He's got a nasty bite when he gets out of hand," he says in what sounds to be an innocent, if misguided, warning.

A nudge at his knee from the wolf seems to point out Shai's faux pas. He blushes, contritely adding, "Well, we didn't really know you needed him, did we? And we were a little more worried about the monsters in the sewer, who the potion-man's safe from if he left town ... isn't he? But if he was behind the ick down below, seems that's a good place to start looking, yes?"

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia nods at Shai.

"Lets go then."

She adds as an aside to Uulark, "Nothing sinister, if that's what you're trying to imply. There are scrolls I need, which aren't always easy to come by, and that he agreed to procure and sell to me. I'd hate to have to start all over."

"Besides...he didn't seem like a bad sort. Just...intractable."

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
"Well lass, it seems to me at least that poking around the sewers wouldn't be the worst way of going about looking for your scriber, so let's get moving."

Mista Collins

First Post
Tanith smirks when this Talashia woman starts whining. All she can think about is the time back at her father's manor. Many of her cousins acted the same way when they didn't get what they wanted. Tanith found it amusing.

"We did not know this scribe you mentioned was the alchemist. If you would have told us he doubled as both, we would have saved you some time." The wizard says to the woman. "And if you've ever taken a swim in some sewers, you won't be eager to go again."

Remove ads