Proposal 1 - dragon#364 made legal

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
On a related note: If the warforged stuff gets approved (as it appears), when do extant warforged (like Incarnation) get the change: Immediately (pending approval) or at next gained level?

garyh

First Post
On a related note: If the warforged stuff gets approved (as it appears), when do extant warforged (like Incarnation) get the change: Immediately (pending approval) or at next gained level?

I would lean towards immediately, and then point it out on your next level up so the judges can be looking at that specifically.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Looks like warforged and illusions pass on Thursday. In fact, neither of them can fail unless Dunamin and Graf both vote No. Nothing else will pass unless someone changes their minds or Dunamin and the missing Graf vote Yes on something that only has one NO. (Unless there is a new judge that is not reflected in the charter).

covaithe

Explorer

Your choice, IMO. I certainly don't intend to go around checking all the minotaur sheets to see if they've updated, but I will (try to remember to) check at level-up time.

For the record, I think any wizards out there who want illusion powers will need to wait for a level-up and retrain as usual.

Dunamin

First Post
Sorry about the delay before voting - I've been busy as hell and need a bit more time because I'm not as crunch-savvy as the other judges.

Not that my votes will change any outcomes, of course - Graf has sadly withdrawn for the time being - but I think it’s an important part of "judge duty" to vote regardless.

Halford

First Post
Sorry about the delay before voting - I've been busy as hell and need a bit more time because I'm not as crunch-savvy as the other judges.

I am not so sure about that Dunamin, most of us are still paddling around in the shallow end looking bemused to some extent. :D

Dunamin

First Post
YES: Playing Warforged. I’m a little wary they made the racial power essentially heal 6 + level hp with a save on top, and it irks me a bit that some of the gear seems free-for-nothing (what warforged PC would ever pick a light shield now?). Still, those concerns are outweighed by an overall great article.

YES: Class Acts: Wizard (Illusions).The powers don’t seem too bad and Illusionary Wall feels like a refreshingly different power.

YES: The Ashen Covenant. The gear seems fine in comparison with PHB samples.

NO: Wolves of Maldeem. I don’t get why they made the Wolfen Weapon bonus untyped instead of item bonus. As is, it seems paragon parties will just give it with a Helm of the Eagle to their scout and never really risk an ambush again.

YES: Vor Kragal, City of Ash. Pretty much same reasons as Halford - throw a bone to mechanically inferior weapons. Reach doesn’t seem a problem since it only applies to basic attacks and turns them lightning typed (there are lightning resistant monsters in MM, but none that are vulnerable to it).

Of course, none of my votes currently effect any decisions unless others change their own votes.

covaithe

Explorer
I'd be willing to reconsider my vote on the item articles if someone thinks that they're likely to actually use the items. My objections are more procedural than specific to the items in question. Basically, I don't want to find myself having to read and balance-check every item that every WotC intern with a hangover churns out to meet a deadline. I'd rather be able to limit my attention to items that people actually want, and be able to give them real consideration.

Remove ads