Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo had heard what the dark said and found no hint of lying. While he had not heard anything good about the dark elves of the Underdark, he was not especially bigoted either.

He nodded to Maui, "Go ahead and let her up, Maui. She has been straight with us so far and we outnumber her four to one. There is no need to take her dagger away."

"Vicenzo would you please translate."

Even though she could not understand him, Barlo knew it was important for Johysis to see his body language. He looked apologetic and said, "We are sorry, Johysis. Given that we are investigating the trouble inside Tritower, we are looking for potential spies that would be reporting back to whoever is controlling the ghouls that have been reported to attack those going near."

"While your behavior was suspicious to us, you have provided a good explanation. So I am sorry to have detained you in such a rough manner."

"If you will accept our apology, we would like to continue asking you some more questions. First let me at least clean you up after being tackled to the ground."

Once Maui gets off of the dark elf, Barlo would cast his prestidigitation cantrip to clean her up from the dirt.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +9 CMD: 22(20ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +10 Will: +8
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 25/25 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]
3rd Level 4/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion][/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui releases his biting grip on the dark elf's neck and steps off her. Immeadiately he issues a low growl which causes Taniwha's head to snap up from his preening. The cheetah skulks away a few paces to take up a more attentive position in case the group were to be attacked by surprise. Maui however stays nearby, sitting on his own haunches to observe the dark elf as she got to her feet.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo was able to understand the elf, but not able to speak the tongue in return. He kept his face impassive and said, “I think Maui should stay on top of her yet.”

“I do not think she lied to us so far, but then she has not actually said much either. Gathering herbs could be the truth, but it does not explain why here and I am intrigued by who she might be trading with.”

“Ask her to explain more about where she is from and her trader friend. It would be interesting to hear her take on what is actually going in Tritower.”

OOC: Take 10 on Sense Motive for 30.

Vincenzo translates verbatim what he was to translate. He then politely takes his hat off in a gentlemanly bow, replacing his hat and taking a precautionary step back. He reaches for his waterskin, "Would you like a drink of water?" He drinks first to show it is not poisoned.

Aura

Explorer
DrowSmall.jpg
. . . . . . . . . . . . Johysis . . . . . . . . . . . .

With Maui having released Johysis, she slowly gets up, keeping an eye on all concerned and simultaneously scooping the long, cylindrical tube off the ground and slinging it over her shoulder. She listens through to Vincenzo's translation, and starts to object to something when Barlo casts his spell. However, he finishes before she can fully enunciate her objection, and she stiffens up in a bit of surprise as the magic works, cleaning her up considerably. (Although it's worth mentioning she was far dirtier than anything Maui did to her.) When Vincenzo offers her something to drink, she steps back, minding her distance. "Oh, no, thank you. Fresh water is in abundant supply here," she begins. Thinking a little, she raises one finger, "Although... now that I think about it... you wouldn't happen to have a spare flint and steel, would you? Mine is wearing out and I'm worried I won't be able to trade with Two-Tails for some time. I assure you, I will make it worth your while in terms of what I have observed about Tritower in the past few days. Any questions you ask I will do my best with, but I can think of two things off the top of my head you very well might find useful."

She stops speaking to await your response. Her posture shows a lot of tension and her eyes scan you intently. Similarly, you have a chance to observe details of her appearance, noting she is of very light build, even for an elf. Her clothing is a mis-match of Venzan, Tritower and some foreign style, and generally maintained but you can see hand-repairs here and there. And her dagger, most notably, has a pommel style you've not seen before.

[sblock=If you accept]Flint and steel is a 1 gp item. If you have it and any level of improved lifestyle, and wish to trade her the item, then it's only a matter of the item being unavailable to you for the rest of the adventure. It will be automatically recovered upon returning to any vendor at no real cost in this case.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo did not have any flint and steel, only carrying a couple of tindertwigs. Those would not last very long.

He translated the words Johysis said for Ethane and Maui. Then he asked, "Does anyone have a flint and steel to give her. I would if could, but alas I do not."

"I would like to make the deal with her."

Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 5/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence]

jbear

First Post
The massive dire tiger nodded at Barlo's question, most inhuman gesture for a giant feline. Maui then raised a paw questioningly at Vincenzo. His friend knew that Maui was unlikely to want to change back to his human form so swiftly if it could be avoided, having travelled and adventured with him for many years now.

If Vincenzo has no flint and steel then Maui immeadiately assumes human form and retrieves the tools from his back pack. When he hands it over he holds onto it when the drow takes it. "What is in te box?" he asks pointing with his other hand at the cylindrical tube. "Not want it ... Maui just wants to know what is it. "

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[elvin] "Vinceno checks his pack, "Let me see" . . . .

. . . . .He opens his pack and reaches on top, "AhA! Here we go."He hands over the flint and steel. "One slightly used flint and steel. May it bring comfort and warmth for many years."[/elvin] He replaces his waterskin after taking another wig from it.

[common]" I really need to get some fine wine in this thing instead of water."[/common]

once again, nothing but sincerity in his motives.

[sblock=stat block]
skills possibly needed at this moment:
Sense motive +3
Bluff +16
AC: 25 (21 flat-footed, 19 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 28 (23 flat-footed, 24 touch)

HP: 112/112

CMB: +13 CMD: 26
vs trip
CMB: +15 CMD: 28
vs disarm
CMB: +18 CMD: 31

Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +11 Sense Motive: +3 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow, composite, mighty +2

Temporary/charged items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/][/]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
DrowSmall.jpg
. . . . . . . . . Johysis . . . . . . . . .

The dark elf tentatively accepts the flint and steel from Vincenzo, examines it, and then stores it in her bag. "Thank you," she begins, giving proper acknowledgement before continuing. "I'm not sure which questions you have, but allow me to tell you the more straightforward of the two observations I have made. It was two nights ago that I heard some rather boisterous sounds. It was a few giants, approaching the town from the West. They seemed to be about ten feet tall and were in a rather animated conversation, perhaps an argument. Their distraction helped me remain concealed, I'm sure of it. Anyway, they are north of the bridge when they stopped and just floated their way over. I didn't hear spellcasting or anything like that, but they just started to fly. I lost them in moments later as they threaded their way though town."

"I have another thing I could mention, but it will be best to just show you," Also, it will give you time to think up which questions you wish to ask.

[sblock=Maui's contingency action]I'm assuming from the description that Maui did not change form and speak based on the conditions stated for doing so. If you decide otherwise, feel free to post an update.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=redacted]View attachment 71288
. . . . . . . . . Johysis . . . . . . . . .

The dark elf tentatively accepts the flint and steel from Vincenzo, examines it, and then stores it in her bag. "Thank you," she begins, giving proper acknowledgement before continuing. "I'm not sure which questions you have, but allow me to tell you the more straightforward of the two observations I have made. It was two nights ago that I heard some rather boisterous sounds. It was a few giants, approaching the town from the West. They seemed to be about ten feet tall and were in a rather animated conversation, perhaps an argument. Their distraction helped me remain concealed, I'm sure of it. Anyway, they are north of the bridge when they stopped and just floated their way over. I didn't hear spellcasting or anything like that, but they just started to fly. I lost them in moments later as they threaded their way though town."

"I have another thing I could mention, but it will be best to just show you," Also, it will give you time to think up which questions you wish to ask.

[sblock=Maui's contingency action]I'm assuming from the description that Maui did not change form and speak based on the conditions stated for doing so. If you decide otherwise, feel free to post an update.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Elnefrai_zps89549ca6.jpg

Barlo was glad that Vincenzo had the simple item to trade. If the dark elf spoke the truth, the exchange of information would be worth ten times the value of that flint and steel the fighter gifted to Johysis. He nodded that he agreed to be shown the other thing and gestured for her to lead the way.

As they walked he commented, “Giants that could float in the air, eh…”

“Vincenzo, ask her if she saw them from close enough to tell how they moved when they did it? Was it literally floating with no movement from their legs? Or did they actually walk on water?”

Remove ads