D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

Yavathol

Explorer
Hearing the sound of the staff falling, Wergil stuck his head around the door and looked into the room before pulling back.

"Aw, damn, something's happened to the little guy. Anyone got any ideas how to pull him out of there? "

OOC: How far into the room is Mr Aldershot? Could someone just reach in and grab him with their arm, or will we need a lasso?

Time to go halfling wrangling:)

industrygothica

Adventurer
I believe he's probably far enough that someone will have to step into the room to grab him, assuming he doesn't walk out on his own accord.

Can I have some Insight checks from everyone, please?

Yavathol

Explorer

"Hey, can we have our friend back? I know y'all wanna play with him, but I kind of want to find that monster in the basement you mentioned and, y'know, kick its ass!"

OOC:
[roll0]

[sblock=status]Wergil hp 8/15

Str +0(+2 Saves) Dex +3, Con +3(+5 Saves), Int -1, Wis +0, Cha +0

Athletics +2, History +1, Perception +2, Persuasion +2, Survival +2

AC 18

Inspiration no

Rages 2/2

HD: 1/1
http://www.enworld.org/forum/group.php?discussionid=1427
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Heh, it occurs to me that that might sound a little unconvincing since he is hiding outside the room, scared that two spectral children are actually going to be doing the ass kicking around here!!

industrygothica

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=Insight DC 10]You get the idea that the room itself is generally safe, but that the ghost-children are afraid of being abandoned. Unlike the specter downstairs, they don't seem to have malevolent intentions, or even protective instincts... they're just scared.
[SBLOCK=Insight DC 15]Mr. Aldershot has been possessed by the ghost of young Thorn. It seems that the ghost is generally letting the halfling keep control of his own body, but some of the childlike behaviors are seeping through. Perhaps a bit of sweet-talking will coax him out? (A DC 13 Charisma check should do the trick.)[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Perception 13]Rose is intent on showing someone her dollhouse, which appears to be an exact replica of the haunted monstrosity in which you're currently standing.[/SBLOCK]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

Kasimir looked over at Mr Aldershot and saw a glimmer of something around the halfling. He turned to the ghost of the girl and frowned.

"We're here, aren't we? Tell your brother to leave Mr Aldershot be and we'll see what we can do about the monster in the basement. But you'll need to show us the way." He glanced over at the replica thinking the girl might show the way in the model instead of guiding them.

[roll0]

[sblock=Kasimir's Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
The ghost of the young boy, Thorne, reappears next to his sister, and Mr. Aldershot seems his old self again. "There's a secret door," Rose says. "It's in the room across the hall, just here." She points to the spot on the dollhouse. "I don't know where, exactly, but it's in there. There were always people in and out of there back when... you know."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr Aldershot stands, and with the back of his hand wipes the drops of spit from his beard. A layer of sweat runs up his back, that cold feeling like when you are caught in a lie, and called out on it. But he has control of himself again. He picks up his staff, and has to check himself before charging it in anticipation of combat.

"That wasn't very nice," he scolds the ghosts. "Please do not do that again."

Again, he tries to exit the room.

Remove ads