D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Cool.

CharGene and Liam, if you could make those updates to your characters, that would be great. Guiding bolt is really good, and probably better than burning hands. I got my copy and have to read through it yet.

tglassy

Adventurer
Hydellor OOC [Recruitment Closed]

Okey doke!

Guiding bolt does more damage and give advantage on the next attack against that character, but burning haves is an area attack. Oh well!

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
I’ve been looking over the roster and trying to figure out Liam’s place in it. He’s going to be getting his Pact Boon soon, so I need to know how I’m going to play him.

From what I can tell, we have a Rogue, a Hexblade, a Bard and a Celestial Warlock. Obviously, Liam is the healer of the group, with his racial healing touch and Celestial healing ability, neither using spell slots. That frees the Bard to focus on other Magic’s.

For his Invocations, I really want to focus on his Sight. The new Ghostly Gaze, for instance, or Eyes of the Rune Keeper, and later Witch Sight or Visions of Distant Realms. But, Passive abilities like Gift of the Depths or Aspect of the Moon are thematic as well, showing his physical transformation. Beast speech is thematic as well.

I’m trying to choose his Pact Boon, and I’m leaning Tome. I figure the Hexblade will go Blade, and be our front line tank (as much as we have one) alongside the Rogue, so I don’t think it a good idea to have two bladelocks, unless I get Improved Pact Weapon and go with a Longbow, but I could just as easily stick with EB.

Tome would be interesting, mainly because while we have two Warlocks and a Bard, we have no real Ritualists or Magic Generalists. Bards have some rituals, but a limited spell list. If I went full support, with Ritual Invocation and perhaps the new one that means I don’t have to sleep, then I’d be full on support, covering rituals, keeping watch, and healing. He won’t be great in combat since my Invocations are focused elsewhere, but he’d be wonderful out of it.

Then there’s chain. With a Celestial Imp fluffed to look like an angel or something, he could get rid of Devil’s Sight, using his Imp’s eyes for that instead. He can scout and spy, always have Advantage or give it to the Rogue. Do all kinds of shenanigans.

But...I’m still thinking Tome. With Tome, he can up his versatility to 11, grab Find Familiar for a Celestial Hawk or Tressym or something (from Storm King’s Thunder), get Guidance or Shillalagh, never have to sleep again.

What do y’all think? What builds are you planning going forward? Any multiclassing in the future? I though maybe a few levels in Divine Soul might be thematically appropriate, but I’m not sure if it would really help me.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Eldritch Blast would keep him pretty potent in combat. It scales with character level, not class level, and is essentially like a heavy crossbow, only multiple blasts, so you wouldn't have to worry about it too much. Plus whatever spells you take.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Okay, you have the night to do with as you will at Timberhand. It's early evening, so still light out at this time of year, and much of the camp is still at work.

Liam has 1 level of exhaustion. That will be removed by a night's sleep.

Irene has 3 levels and and addiction dreamlily. A night's sleep will remove 1 level of exhaustion, and Keladora can prepare and cast 3 Lesser Restorations in the morning, so that will eliminate the other 2 levels and the addiction.

Here is the loot you found, and, as best I can recall, who is carrying it:

20 gp (Coriana)
1500 sp (Coriana)
2300 cp (Coriana)
Eversmoking Bottle (Liam) https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Eversmoking Bottle#content
8 doses of essence of dreamlily (Mindra) - I think Mindra would know you could get around 1 gp per dose for this, if you find a buyer. Feel free to do a Persuasion check to ask around the camp. If you have a Criminal background, take Advantage
Chalcedony necklace (2 stones)(Mindra) - I think you missed your appraisal check on this?
Chrysophase (green gem)(50 gp)(Coriana)
Genealogical documents of Irene’s heritage (Theremin?) - could these be worth something?

I'd like to give you all some downtime, if there is anything your characters would like to do. Anything from the Downtime rules in the DMG or Xanathar's should be fair game (I'm AFB at the moment, so can't look them up).

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Forgot. Here's the text for Essence of Dreamlily again:

Essence of Dreamlily (1 gp/dose) - potent drug used to relieve pain or induce unconsciousness for surgery. Addictive.
Save: Con save DC 10+1 per dose. On failure you feel perfectly at peace. You can operate normally at up to -10 hp. You are immune to fear. Lasts 2 hours per dose. When it ends, you take 1 level of exhaustion per dose.
Addiction: Second Con save DC 10+1 per dose. On a failed save you have become addicted. On your turn, make a Wisdom save to take 1 action or move. If you fail, you lose your turn as you slip into lethargy. You cannot take reactions. After a long rest, you move into Withdrawal.
Withdrawal: If you are addicted and have not had a dose in 24 hours, you have disadvantage on Wisdom saves.
Cure: Lesser Restoration or one week without the drug and a DC 15 Con or Medicine check.

tglassy

Adventurer
I don’t suppose we’ve leveled up? If so, I’d like to post the RP while Liam is sleeping it off. If not I can wait on that.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
LOL Originally, the first adventure was designed to get you to level 2. You've passed that, and then some! But yes, I think we can level up to 3. Once you turn in the quest, the quest reward should push you near or over 900.

tglassy

Adventurer
I’m not trying to rush the leveling up or anything, This is just a good opportunity for Liam to have a dream conversation with his Deva and be granted more power.

More Power!

Pretty sure I’m going Pact of the Tome. We have a rogue for scouting, so that lessons the need for a special familiar and I’m not really a melee person at this point so no need for a blade. But having a good Ritual castor would be nice.

Now I’ve just got to decide if I’m going to take the Book of Secrets invocation now and get rid of Eldritch Sight, or wait until level 5...

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Remove ads