D&D 5E BREAKING 5th Edition!

Werebat

Explorer
Like those who fail to realize that they basically keep having the same discussion over and over again?

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?358027-5th-Edition-Help-Me-Break-the-Game!

Or simply enjoyed annoying other posters so much that they needed to repeat the experience?

Did you not actually READ the discussion you quoted above? Are you actually claiming that it wasn't fruitful or worth having?

Seriously, you'd have been much better off going with this thread instead:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?358657-Leomund-s-Tiny-Hut-how-to-lower-casting-time

Last edited:

was

Adventurer
Did you not actually READ the discussion you quoted above? Are you actually claiming that it wasn't fruitful or worth having?

I read it, and posted in this discussion, the first time you had it. No, I did not find the thread particularly insightful. Then again, I am not particularly interested in ways to destroy the game.

From your posts, I am also not quite sure that you do either. Your posts seem to indicate that you far more interested in motivating people into a conversation rather than the actual topic being discussed.

Last edited:

Werebat

Explorer
I read it, and posted in this discussion, the first time you had it. No, I did not find the thread particularly insightful. Then again, I am not particularly interested in ways to destroy the game.

From your posts, I am also not quite sure that you do either. Your posts seem to indicate that you far more interested in motivating people into a conversation rather than the actual topic being discussed.

It might help if you knew my players.

Werebat

Explorer
:erm: You have the same amount of XP, but [MENTION=6786839]Riley37[/MENTION] has done it in half the posts and less than 1 month.

In this thread? No, he has not.

If you're comparing epeen on a web forum, you're on a fast track to winning a battle in a war you're going to lose.

Kaychsea

Explorer

If you're comparing epeen on a web forum, you're on a fast track to winning a battle in a war you're going to lose.
I just want to point out that when I "laughed at the post" it was not in a good, nurturing way, more in a Mock the Week sort of a way. We may need a more nuanced laughter/XP system.

was

Adventurer
It might help if you knew my players.

If your players are truly intent on breaking your game, without any consideration or appreciation for the work that you put into it, than I apologize. I did not realize how much you need this thread to combat their antics.

Have you tried running a brief, minimalist campaign? You could tell them you want to try for that 'old-school feel'. Say using point-buy, low magic and not using the optional feats. Maybe that would help them appreciate your past efforts more and stop them from trying to break your campaigns in the future.

Last edited:

Tormyr

Hero

It doesn't really follow to criticize someone for making the comparison when it was in response to you making the comparison.

But as it stands the the original post is running a -3 on positive influence. I think that is the first post I have seen that so effectively turned the laugh system into a method of downvoting. The XP and laughs for the opposition are overwhelming. There is no battle or war here.

When it comes down to it, the EN World forums are filled with people who want to help others with problems they are facing, debate interpretations of rules, and share ideas. They have the intent to fix problems, come to a better knowledge of the system, and better the community.

The subject matter of this thread has none of that. It is aimed at creating problems, and the responses to other people weighing in on what they think of it further demonstrates a disinterest in actually gaining wisdom or insight that would help at the gaming table or help others.

If you are actually interested in contributing to the sharing of useful information, then go ahead and rephrase the question so we actually understand the real intent. It is hard to tell when the thread starts with talking about making your DM cry and follows later with dealing with your players. If we thought there was a serious question in there, we would give a positive response.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I've gotten more such positive feedback than you have, so there's that.

This highlights the problem I have with upvotes on forums. Someone always takes them as some sort of serious metric of validation, rather than something that is just fun but doesn't mean anything to the validity of any particular argument.

Remove ads