[LPF] The Ringling Affair

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash seems to contemplate the idea of passing through Ranocchio but quickly discards the idea.

"No, I concur that we should avoid the rough and tumble Planks district. Not that I wouldn't mind the experience at some point but during a job is not the time. We bypass that lovely region and I am sure that all my companions agree. So, at long last, we are off!"

Qalabash stands, adjusts his leathers and the peacock feather over-jacket, takes up his quarterstaff and moves to take position in the line.

"It would be my recommendation," begins Qalabash to Master Ringling, "To have one of us take point; Master D'Vorza and his raven, perhaps. You could walk just ahead of the two carrying the package: myself and Jericho or Uff. Then Jericho or Uff can take a rearguard position. The delightful Misses Thissiledew and Halten can take up positions on the wings; keeping watch and ready with those magics of theirs. Small and ferocious, that's the way to play it!"

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: n/a
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Brisk walk? Brisk walk! For who? Remember, heavy pack and short legs here. And the right one is slow at that." She starts muttering to herself and shaking her head, "keeps us sitting around, and then expects me to race along. Humans! Always thinking they are the center of the universe."

"The Planks? Rough neighborhood. I would certainly be doing extra work if we went in there."

"On the side of the group, yeah, I can do that. Just don't go too fast."

[section]
[sblock=actions]squawk![/sblock]
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 10 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls a 1, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 7 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 1:55pm: In front of the Dunn Wright Inn ~

Merchant.jpg

Stepping into the indicated place in line, Barton Ringling looks slightly sheepish, but only for a moment.

"Indeed, milady Mystie. It shall be a brisk pace for you, but we do have time if there are no more delays."

"Delays such as standing here without a decision on which way you are wanting to go." He smiles kindly, knowing that they are only rushed if the party needs to go to his house and stop inside shops along the way.

He looks to Jericho, the experienced caravan guard and the half-orc to see which destination they have decided upon.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Jericho:    12/12 HP remaining;
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
Emily:      09/09 HP remaining;
 ->Mother:  11/11 HP remaining;
Harkoz:     11/11 HP remaining;
Kor:        05/05 HP remaining;
Uff:        13/13 HP remaining;
Barton:     ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

RunGord

First Post
UffSmall_zps84713428.jpg

Uff looks appraisingly at Jericho. "I'll take rear guard, then. Jericho, you look like you got fast feet, easier if you gotta move around me than the ot'er way round. Probably I can carry this ting on the way back, depending how heavy it is."

He leans over a little to address Mystie, "We won't outrun you li'l miss. Nobody wants to get too far from their medic." He smiles, "'Specially those of us who can't afford fancy armor. If your leg slows you down too much or leaves you in a bad spot, I'm happy to carry you a bit, if it don't step on yer pride. Just sayin'."

[sblock=ACTIONS]Moves out when everyone else does.[/sblock]
[sblock=STATS]Uff
Fighter 1
Initiative:+2 Perception:+6 Sense Motive:+0 Diplomacy/Bluff: +0 Intimidate: +0

AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-footed)
HP: 13 Current HP: 13
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +0

In Hand: Both hands empty. Spring-loaded wrist sheathes hold 1 dagger each.
Ammo: 20
Special:
Two-weapon fighting (reduced penalties for two attacks), Combat reflexes (2 extra AO per round), Improved Unarmed Strike (doesn't provoke AO and can be lethal or non by choice)

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Uff_(RunGord)[/sblock]

Emily Halten

Emily's a bit disappointed--how big an adventure can this be if it doesn't even go through the Planks?--but "being an adventurer" doesn't mean "acting like an idiot", so she goes along with it.

She gives Qalabash her best approximation of a cool, confident nod and moves to the group's other flank.[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1, 

AC: 17 (12 touch, 15 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Wooden Shield/Empty

1st-level Spells: 3/3 (ASF 15%)
Summon Monster I: 8/8
        Daylight: 1/1

Emily's HP: 9/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer

Qalabash raises his brow and rubs long-nailed fingers of one hand over his chin and goatee as he considers the gnome.

"Miss Thissiledew, have you considered the acquisition of conveyance? A palanquin, perhaps, like those used by the Sorcerer-Priests of Rhat'matanis? Lounging with a glass of wine as you are carted about the city by muscular young men. Well, maybe not wine; too likely to spill it, I suppose, with an ill-timed jostle. Eating grapes, then. Popping each one into your mouth as you lounge and look out with benevolent gaze over the city. Not that the Sorcerer-Priests are too benevolent these days but there, I am sure, you could outshine them. Ferocious benevolence!

Oh, yes, Master Ringling. I am sure Harkoz and Jericho are just busy plotting out our path. Or perhaps the raven has stolen their tongues. Nevertheless,"
he continues raising his staff, pointing down the street and nearly knocking the end into Barton Ringling's hat.

"Onward!"

Spells Prepared:
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

RunGord

First Post

Uff does his best to pay attention to his surrounds as they proceed,

[sblock=ACTION]Perception check = 7 (1d20+6=7) [/sblock]
But he's apparently distracted by trying to think of other names he could give his arms.

[sblock=STATS]Uff
Fighter 1
Initiative:+2 Perception:+6 Sense Motive:+0 Diplomacy/Bluff: +0 Intimidate: +0

AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-footed)
HP: 13 Current HP: 13
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +0

In Hand: Both hands empty. Spring-loaded wrist sheathes hold 1 dagger each.
Ammo: 20
Special:
Two-weapon fighting (reduced penalties for two attacks), Combat reflexes (2 extra AO per round), Improved Unarmed Strike (doesn't provoke AO and can be lethal or non by choice)

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Uff_(RunGord)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=GM Ranting]I have been waiting on either [MENTION=6749506]Rift-LPF[/MENTION] or [MENTION=6708148]Triskaideka[/MENTION] to post a decision on where you are going next.

Btw, I am expecting 2-3 posts per week from every player. If that is not possible, I have yet to be told otherwise. We even have an AFK thread to post those notifications. ;)

After 7 days, I reserve the right to drop a player if they fail to communicate when they hold a game up since it is not fair to everyone else.

Come Monday, someone else make the decision so we can move on if I write either of them out. I am busy this weekend and I am willing to give them that long.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer

"By onward, of course I mean directly to our pick-up point." Qalabash glances over at Mystie. "No sense in wearing out our medic running back and forth across the city, lovely though it is. The city, I mean, though Miss Thissiledew is lovely also. And in case you are wondering, I am eminently qualified to make this decision as I know what is best for everyone."

Qalabash turns to Uff with an expression on his face that indicates that he is quite pleased with himself. He grins showing his square, horse-teeth to Uff.

"Oh, yes. I have thought up a name for your muscles, my boy, or perhaps the names should be for your fists." He pauses dramatically then speaks in a drawling voice pitched for announcing to a crowd though with much less volume. "Weeelcome, my friends, the mighty Uff! On ooOne hand: Lightning, the ooOther: Thunder. Watch as he brings the STORM!"

Spells Prepared:
Special:

Remove ads