airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords (OOC)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I believe it would work best if your group is already together. This could be quite a recent event though. Most, if not all, of you have taken traits which tie your character to Sandpoint. You may have just met in Sandpoint upon returning home or arriving for a visit and decided to form an adventuring company with the purpose of gaining fame, wealth, and whatever else your characters desire. We need not get too detailed with it, although you may feel free to collaborate with other players on background if you wish. However it would suffice to simply assume your characters have recently banded together in or around Sandpoint and agreed to the standard adventuring company contract (an equal share of the spoils for all, in the event of your death your belongings will be returned to your next of kin, etc.).

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Crunch posted. Need help with flavor, All I have so far, Varasian devotee of Serenrae.
Devion Dawn Seeker has been reviewed. Happily enough I found no errors.

After some research into the Pathfinder Chronicles Gazetteer (which oddly enough does not mention Shoanti, possibly because they are a relatively small subrace), I will note that according to this source, Common in Golarion is also known as Taldane, and less commonly as Chelaxian. So it seems Chelaxian is not actually a language in and of itself according to this source. There might be more details in the actual campaign setting book, but I don't own it. The original Player's Guide for RotR however (which, we should bear in mind was written when Golarion was a spec in Paizo's eye), says humans of Varisian descent receive Varisian, Chelaxians receive Chelaxian, and Shoanti receive Shoanti. So we'll go with that for now.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Okay, having done a little more research on the subject, and wanting to portray Golarion as truly as possible, I have discovered that there is, in fact, no Chelaxian language per se. So those of Chelaxian descent may speak Infernal as a bonus language. I don't think we have any other sub-races of human in the group.

So here is the adventuring company. You might want to pick a name for yourselves.
Devion Dawn Seeker, NG male human (Varisian) cleric of Sarenrae
Duko Wrag, N male half-orc summoner
Marcas Vanator, LG male human (Shoanti) monk (zen archer)
Talashia, NG female human (mixed) sorcerer (air elemental)
Vandalin, CG male human (mixed) rogue
Vhir, CG male human (Shoanti) barbarian

This looks like a very well-balanced party. You should have many tools at your disposal to complete challenges and encounters.

I have yet to review Vhir. I will get around to it in a day or two and then we can begin!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Devion Dawn Seeker has been reviewed. Happily enough I found no errors.

After some research into the Pathfinder Chronicles Gazetteer (which oddly enough does not mention Shoanti, possibly because they are a relatively small subrace), I will note that according to this source, Common in Golarion is also known as Taldane, and less commonly as Chelaxian. So it seems Chelaxian is not actually a language in and of itself according to this source. There might be more details in the actual campaign setting book, but I don't own it. The original Player's Guide for RotR however (which, we should bear in mind was written when Golarion was a spec in Paizo's eye), says humans of Varisian descent receive Varisian, Chelaxians receive Chelaxian, and Shoanti receive Shoanti. So we'll go with that for now.

Cool - I'll add Shaonti to my languages :)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Adventuring company name ideas?

Sandpoint Aide Society? Straight forward and in keeping with the 'The Town of Sandpoint needs you' tagline.
Sandpoint Social Club? A bit more wry take on the same idea.
Dreaming Starfarers? Vandalin would likely come up with something like this as a loose reference to Desna's blessing on the endeavor. She is goddess of Luck, but also dreams, stars and travelers.
Varisian Explorers club?
Hagfish Five? Since we likely got together at a local tavern? I gather that the Hagfish is a popular watering hole.
Boggy Creek, Sandpoint or Prickleback Lane Irregulars? References to local geography again playing off the idea that we recently formed up in Sandpoint?

Best I can do off the top of my head. Maybe somebody can do better?

Remove ads