OOC Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP by MLeibrock and Scotley

Lou

Explorer
I spent most of this week on required classroom observations. Hard to get into a classroom in the summer, but our instructor is an assistant principal at a middle school where summer school is just now ending.

The story:
In an 8th grade math class filled with English language learners, the teacher, who told me she normally teaches 6th grade, was covering linear and non-linear forms, as well as proportional and non-proportional linear equations. After about 90 minutes of listening to the teacher tell her students that their straight lines were non-linear, I asked to speak with her while the students were doing problems and asked her about the objective on the board that mentioned proportional and non-proportional lines. Her students were drawing straight lines that she was calling non-linear. She listened to me and went to her district-designed summer school lesson plans to review. After a short break, she retaught the class about proportional and non-proportional linear equations. I was worried that her class would not understand the correction, but the next morning in the same class I watched as student after student identified proportional and non-proportional lines reciting if the line passed through the origin or not.

Leif

Adventurer
Unfortunately this is too true. I remember asking how you learn what actual jobs are out there instead of job titles and never could get any kind of response. It was like I was asking the wrong question.

Interestingly, or not, Jane Jamison, my class's high school counselor, is another Kroger regular.

Scotley

Hero
Okay gang, playing catch up at work after taking a day off for the Independence Day holiday yesterday. Will try to get a post up late today or early tomorrow.

Lou

Explorer
do I smell a TPK?

Coup de Grace
As a full-round action, you can use a melee weapon to deliver a coup de grace (pronounced “coo day grahs”) to a helpless opponent. You can also use a bow or crossbow, provided you are adjacent to the target.

You automatically hit and score a critical hit. If the defender survives the damage, he must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + damage dealt) or die. A rogue also gets her extra sneak attack damage against a helpless opponent when delivering a coup de grace.

Delivering a coup de grace provokes attacks of opportunity from threatening opponents.

You can’t deliver a coup de grace against a creature that is immune to critical hits. You can deliver a coup de grace against a creature with total concealment, but doing this requires two consecutive full-round actions (one to “find” the creature once you’ve determined what square it’s in, and one to deliver the coup de grace).

It's possible.

Remove ads