D&D 5E The Rhyot Break (OOC) - Discussion

97mg

Explorer
Hi Guys! It's mid-week already over here, so I'll aim to post within the next 48 hours. Just checking something with McD first, and touching base to see if Thorin is still with us.

Thanks for the kind words too Imladir :D

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Things are about to get interesting...

Looking forward to this!
Question: can Gimlak see where the korrund are? It would make his charge so much more heroic if he did ;-)

To the rest of the group: I'm planning to have Gimlak charge and possibly tackle ranged attackers. Opinions/comments?
Cheers,

SG

97mg

Explorer
Interesting indeed :)

Just for clarification, how much of what's being said can Rolin hear?

Your perception check was pretty sweet, so definitely the Korrud order to halt his wolves. Probably not the exact whisperings of the main group though, although you'd hear some soft muffled voices coming from them. It looks like you'll see a slave trying to maneuver to the back of their group too, and notice that shes making a somatic movement. Sound fair?

Question: can Gimlak see where the korrund are? It would make his charge so much more heroic if he did ;-) To the rest of the group: I'm planning to have Gimlak charge and possibly tackle ranged attackers. Opinions/comments?
Cheers, SG

I think its alright for Gimlak to know which direction to run, as his darkvisioned companions would be sharing info. He'd have to run a bit before actually seeing the Korrud for himself though. If you want to do this, we can trigger round one and initiative rolls once he is 15' away from them. At least this way on round one you can get an attack in too. You won't exactly have surprise as they are already suspicious, but the last thing they expect would be a slave to run on in :) Does this feel right to you?

Imladir

Villager
In such a situation, Faenala's options are pretty limited, so she'll just Ray of Frost their asses. Or the wolves' to prevent them from reaching melee or fleeing, we'll see how it goes.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Your perception check was pretty sweet, so definitely the Korrud order to halt his wolves. Probably not the exact whisperings of the main group though, although you'd hear some soft muffled voices coming from them. It looks like you'll see a slave trying to maneuver to the back of their group too, and notice that shes making a somatic movement. Sound fair?

I think its alright for Gimlak to know which direction to run, as his darkvisioned companions would be sharing info. He'd have to run a bit before actually seeing the Korrud for himself though. If you want to do this, we can trigger round one and initiative rolls once he is 15' away from them. At least this way on round one you can get an attack in too. You won't exactly have surprise as they are already suspicious, but the last thing they expect would be a slave to run on in :) Does this feel right to you?

That's fair. I'll have him dash (as silently as a dashing barbarian can) up to where he thinks they are, and for the combat round, he'll adjust a bit and charge. Lets see how this pans out!
Cheers,

SG

daindarkspring

First Post
Maybe with Zemryn guiding (helping?) Gimlak, they can have a better chance of reaching the Korrud before they are attacked. And they have a mobile weapons platform in Faenala! Not sure what Bria might do, but as far as Zemryn is concerned, she has already done her part.

Remove ads