Broad Sword
Heavy Crossbow
20 heavy quarrels
Large shield
Great Helmet
Chain Mail
Leather Backpack
Low Hard Boots

You've got your weapons, and you are AC 4. Your head is AC 1 (low numbers are good!).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I thought I read somewhere we were going to change things to all high rolls are good. Even though I would perfer to keep the system the way it is (I want a negative AC LOL) maybe a spot in the first IC post letting everyone know which rules need a high roll and which need a low? In obo you have enough time to look it up also.

HM

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I haven't decided exactly which things I want to change, which is why I haven't provided details yet. The ideas I have been toying around with follow:

-The target number for all saving throws is 20. Saving throw tables are inverted to show a bonus to the roll as opposed to a target number.
-AC is inverted so that a higher AC is better than a lower one.
-Highest initiative goes first. Ties are broken by weapon speed/spell level normally.

These are the only things I am considering. But I still trying to figure out if there is a way to do it so that it is actually simpler. There is still the possibility that I will just use the charts the way they are. Overall probabilities will not be affected in any way. It would just be the way those probabilities are arrived at that would change.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Voda Vosa:

140 gp will buy you:

Broad Sword
Heavy Crossbow
20 heavy quarrels
Large shield
Great Helmet
Chain Mail
Leather Backpack
Low Hard Boots

You've got your weapons, and you are AC 4. Your head is AC 1 (low numbers are good!).

Yeah I'm a walking brick wall! I've played Baldurs gate, so I know about the inverse AC thing.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Currently, I have decided NOT to make any sweeping changes to the rules. I think it would probably just be best to use the combat matrices the way they are.

My goal for this campaign this week is to come up with a coded character sheet that everyone can cut and paste into. It will be similar to the Living EN World sheet found here, adjusted for 1st edition. I expect everyone to use the same sheet so that I can find things quickly when I need to.

Does anyone have any questions at the moment? If so, please ask. I'd like to have characters done and posted to a Rogue's Gallery two weeks from today. If that is a problem for anyone, let me know and we'll work something else out.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Does anyone have any questions at the moment? If so, please ask. I'd like to have characters done and posted to a Rogue's Gallery two weeks from today. If that is a problem for anyone, let me know and we'll work something else out.

No questions. I think we should be able to do this much quicker than two weeks.

Looking forward to it.

KS

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NP will be ready just need to think on a personality archtype and finih buying equipment. Thought I would be rusty for 1stE but after paging through and ready some I think I remember most of it.

btw Balder's Gate was 1stE??? I thought it was second.

"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes! Arghh!!" - Minsc

HM

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
NP will be ready just need to think on a personality archtype and finih buying equipment. Thought I would be rusty for 1stE but after paging through and ready some I think I remember most of it.

btw Balder's Gate was 1stE??? I thought it was second.

"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes! Arghh!!" - Minsc

HM

2e also had low AC = good AC.

I'll be out for two weeks starting this weekend. Is there anything else you need/would like for my character?

Remove ads