1st Edition AD&D: Greyhawk (Full)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I added a spot for HP and XP to the sheet from my May 6th post.

Kobold Stew: Saving throws are listed in the DMG. If you don't have a copy, let me know and I'll give you the numbers.

Possum, Kobold Stew and Holyman are the only players who seemed to have used the character sheet properly. Please do me the favor of formatting your sheet properly. I will say this again for those of you who haven't done so:

Here's a tip: copy the sheet into notepad or a similar simple-text format program for editing so that you can keep the formatting straight.

And remember to keep the number of spaces between each item uniform. If replacing "XXXX" with the number 25, for example, remember to add two spaces after 25 to keep the sheet looking correct. Check Preview Post before posting to make sure the sheet is done correctly. Make certain to use Code tags around the sheet text so that it formats properly in your post.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Well Voda, I hope that at some point you will get around to learning the rules. :) AD&D is quite a bit simpler than 3rd edition so it doesn't take much to learn them. That said, I caught two glaring errors. One is your attacks per round with the broadsword. No character manages three attacks per round without magic. At 1st-level, even double-specialized, you get three attacks every two rounds. This means that in round 1, you get one attack and in round 2, assuming you continue to use the same weapon, you get two attacks. Then you continue alternating each round. The second error is in your saving throws. Saving throws in AD&D are target numbers. Hence, if a saving throw is 15, you must roll a 15 or higher on a d20 to successfully save. Any bonus to the saving throw is added to the d20, not the target number. Hence, if you have a +4 bonus to a saving throw, that +4 is added to the d20 before determining whether or not the saving throw is successful. For example, you have a +4 to save versus spells. Your save vs. spell is 17. Therefore you must roll a 13 or higher on the d20 to hit at least 17 and successfully save. So your target number for saving throws is effectively lowered by 4. No matter how low your saving throw target number goes however, you always fail on a roll of 1.

That clear things up?

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
airwalkrr: I didn't put Luth's +3 bonus to saves vs. mental attacks in his save modifiers since it was conditional. Should I add it somehow?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Got some Saving throws for me airwalkkr??? I just got my PHB 1ste (picture with the wizard on the front) from amazon.com best $4.91 cents I ever spent. I'm looking at UA but they start around $50 bucks think I'll keep the free pdf. :p for now.

HM

Remove ads