D&D 5E 20th level Sorcerer vs the world

Hohige

Explorer
Bastion fought without its greatest offensive tactic his Stealth casting, without its Simulacrum Assassin, without its Binded creatures and still let our enemy start first.
With DM cheating a lot, accepting all the opponent's premises, CHANGING the ACTIONS already declared, He accepted Dispel +5 with lucky feat automatically beat DC 19, stating that Charmed condition will prevent his simulacrum from attacking (WTF, another creature that already has a command), accepting that Nightmare is automatically hostile and does not accept Persuation Check and still "completely forget" Bastion's actions.

Even so, in the face of all this, our opponent has 40HP at the beginning of the Bastion turn with a lot of options avaiable. Clearly his defeat, our DM starts to forget everything and cheating.

It all shows that Bastion is the strongest character ever created.

1613005562233.png

Last edited:

G

Guest 7029617

So what are you going to do with your life after everyone is over this? Oh, that's right, try to bait more people into these pointless debates over a game that is basically made up to begin with, especially considering this particular system heavily insists on homebrew and house rules. Pick a tighter system or move on and actually make some meaningful connections with people.

Are Changing actions and cheating profissionalism? Ahahahah OK.
You micro-litigated every point minutely not in your favor and continuously openly accused the DM of being biased against you. So whether or not every call was the best, or as fair as it could be, or whatever (I honestly couldn't follow half of it amidst all the nonsense), just not booting a player acting like you in round 1 took a tremendous amount of patience and, yes, professionalism. Most people wouldn't do it.

Once again, feel free to find a DM whom you haven't decided is biased against you and who is willing to put up with this sort of behavior and direct them this way.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
All I can say is I'm glad the sorcerer didn't want me to DM because I wouldn't have babysat that battle as much as happened.

Since the sorcerer's player has no concept of waiting your turn then clearly stating an action it's going to be a slog for sure.

All I can say is I'm glad the sorcerer didn't want me to DM because I wouldn't have babysat that battle as much as happened.

Since the sorcerer's player has no concept of waiting your turn then clearly stating an action it's going to be a slog for sure.
I kind of wonder if there was not a language barrier, it feels like he is using Google Translate or something similar.

I doubt English is his first language, but there was a strong element of "not telling you what I do until after a barrage of insults for you not giving a ruling that goes my way." Dealing with adversity is an important D&D skill, whether it's an unexpectedly bad roll, a ruling I don't particularly like, or a spell coming out that I didn't really expect.

I mean, any decent player, when told "No, you can't direct your Sim to attack your charmer," would have just said, "Oh, really? Dang." and cast Dispel Magic on himself, then proceeded to direct his Sim to attack his no-longer-charmer. Instead, we had two hours of argument & insults. I DMed as long as I did because I sort of enjoyed showing how this kind of theorycraft munchkinism works in real situations: it doesn't. When you build your character on the expectation that the DM will always let you make certain ability checks whenever you want, or interpret broad, open-ended descriptions in a way that is as precisely favorable to you as you want, you end up disappointed when you come to an actual table and find out how it really works. Because that's how it works. What you just saw is what happens.

Remove ads