D&D 5E $350 Tal'Dorei Boxed Set Coming From Beadle & Grimm

The original announcement from Critical Role's Darrington Press made a brief mention of it, but Beadle & Grimm has now shared some details about the boxed set version of the campaign setting. You can pre-order it now. There are actually three boxed sets coming, priced $249, $299, and $349 for the Arcane, Awakened, and Exalted versions respectively. The contents include: Battle maps Player...

The original announcement from Critical Role's Darrington Press made a brief mention of it, but Beadle & Grimm has now shared some details about the boxed set version of the campaign setting. You can pre-order it now.

bg_tal_d.jpg

There are actually three boxed sets coming, priced $249, $299, and $349 for the Arcane, Awakened, and Exalted versions respectively.

The contents include:
  • Battle maps
  • Player handouts
  • Jewelry
  • Coins
  • Encounter cards
  • GM screen
  • Bonus adventures
  • Campaign setting split into smaller booklets
Additionally, you will be able to pick up a separate $70 map vault with 8 additional battle maps, and a $70 badge pack with 4 pieces of faction jewelry.

Tal'Dorei+Badge+3d+image+top.png
Tal'Dorei+MapVault+3d+image+top.png
Tal'Dorei+Poster+Updated+Watermarked.jpg
TD_DMScreen_Ext_4-9-21_ForCR.jpg
1.jpeg
2.png

Weiley31

Legend
I've never used ShopPay before. I know its in installment payments but anybody else have more details?

Last edited:

Longspeak

Adventurer
I fell in love with Tal'Dorei when I first played in it, and have loved running in it for the past two years.

I also love... special editions, for lack of a better overall concept. I'm happy to pay more to get more.

But I do not see what, if anything, justifies such increased costs. This looks like paying a lot more to get a little more. Or... paying for bragging rights? "I have money to spare. I am therefore clearly better than you."

What in there is worth the extra $200 to $300?

Also, maybe someone else who has Bought Beadle and Grimm before can explain... how is breaking my lovely hardcover down into several little softcovers better? I have the Numenera Boxed set where they did this - given to me as a present - and I have no use for the numenera-in-three-parts book.

That being said, I've already earmarked my money for the Tal'Dorei Reborn HC.

Last edited:

Mercador

Adventurer
I would say that if you have that kind of money for a special edition, the price shouldn't be an issue. Though, I agree with you that some other Beadle Grimm boxed sets were more impressive for less money.

Weiley31

Legend
Also, maybe someone else who has Bought Beadle and Grimm before can explain... how is breaking my lovely hardcover down into several little softcovers better?
I can feel/agree with that statement. The front cover on the regular Hardcover is pretty great looking and it would suck to break it into smaller softcovers that probably won't have it. Honestly I would probably say that, unless you REALLY want the Faction stuff, which is kinda crazy priced as it is, I'd say that really only the Awakened Tier edition, that comes with the Battle Maps, is truly worth it.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
I fell in love with Tal'Dorei when I first played in it, and have loved running in it for the past two years.

I also love... special editions, for lack of a better overall concept. I'm happy to pay more to get more.

But I do not see what, if anything, justifies such increased costs. This looks like paying a lot more to get a little more. Or... paying for bragging rights? "I have money to spare. I am therefore clearly better than you."

What in there is worth the extra $200 to $300?

Also, maybe someone else who has Bought Beadle and Grimm before can explain... how is breaking my lovely hardcover down into several little softcovers better? I have the Numenera Boxed set where they did this - given to me as a present - and I have no use for the numenera-in-three-parts book.

That being said, I've already earmarked my money for the Tal'Dorei Reborn HC.

I do have the Waterdeep: Dragonheist B&G and will say that for THAT particular adventure, breaking it down into smaller books made a lot of sense and was very helpful due to the "seasonal" permutations of the adventure - it saved a lot of page-flipping. That was B&G's first adventure, and I assumed it was a choice made specifically due to the structure of WDH. I did not expect that they'd keep doing it for more conventionally-structured books, and I agree it seems an odd choice.

Weiley31

Legend
IDK, I feel like a $350 boxed set should include all the battle maps.
It includes BOTH the Battle Maps and the Faction Icon goods, which I can only assume is the reasoning that shoots that Tier to its $349 tier. I personally feel the Faction stuff is somewhat overpriced to begin with. The $299 tier allows you the choice of either the Maps OR the Faction stuff to be included.

Remove ads

Remove ads