• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Heroic Souls (FULL/CLOSED - accepting alts)

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=my contact info for VV and anyone else who needs it]tokyodnd at g mail

if you're having trouble connecting or just to busy to get on and post just send me a one liner like "really busy, npc me".
Ideally give me some idea when you're coming back (or at least if you plan on returning).

It'd be a big help, and much appeciated.
[/sblock]

Champy has joined you in the RG thread. I confess that I do not really like DM NPCs, and this breaks with my general policy on the topic.
In my defense: I worked him up and into the plot when there were just two PCs neither defenders nor possessing the nature skill -- I was pretty keen on not having random character death, and also not having you starve in the wilderness).

There are now characters who fulfill these roles but with a standard array and two stats dropped to a six I don't think he'll be stepping on anyone's toes. And he doesn't sleep, or mind carrying things.

Generally speaking in fights he does what he's told (free action: tell champy to do X). When in doubt he'll do whatever Eldan says.

XP
You've gotten XP for the fight (100 xp each for the budget + 50 for the situation*). I'm keeping track of it in the first post of the RG thread.

*=I'm still winging it a bit with how to charge for situational stuff. Their displacement power wasn't part of the budget, because Eldan could counter it. So I'm just going to ad-hoc it.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
So.... the plot express has ended... somewhat anyway.
There will probably always be things going on around you in the world. But the Follow-NPC-from-Point-A-to-Point-B-while-getting-an-explanation-of-backstory section (which I've been thinking of in as "the prologue") is done.

You're captains of your own destinies now.

If you like I can make an OOC list of "out of town plot hooks" or you can just RP amongst yourselves for a while and decide what you want to do that way.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
I've added a summary of combat stats & passive skills to the top of the RG thread.

I will use this for 90% of the resolution. While I've made every effort to get it correct I make mistakes (all the time).

So if you have a moment check out your character's line to make sure me-and-my-three-functioning-braincells haven't collaborated to produce some sort of foul up.

SarahRequiem

First Post
so, I kindda dropped out for the past few days. I tried doing some stuff with my character earlier today, but for some reason, I just can't. Neeloo doesnt inspire it seems... not sure what to do here.

Graf

Explorer
Well, there are a few possibilities, depending on what's troubling you.

What do you or don't you like about roleplaying Neeloo?

I've hit "ruts" with certain characters before in DnD. Sometimes I don't like how the mechanics work, other times I've been frustrated with the way the character interacts with the group and/or the world.

Any idea which it is?

Sometimes it can be corrected by something relatively simply. Neeloo has been fairly passive so far (being saved, not being sure how her powers work, what her role is in the world, etc). If that's not your style, or just not how you're feeling right now, it can get old fast. As far as simple changes we could:

• give her a goal or a motivation
  • say that her heroic soul is inhabiting her in some way that changes her personality (so she'd be more like the sort of character you want to roleplay -- forceful if you want to play a forceful character, or inquisitive, or independent, or whatever)

Sometimes people get burned out on a character, but given that we've just started, I don't think you're burned out yet. So it may be something that's fundamentally bothering you; some incompatibility between what you thought the character would be like, and what they're actually like (and/or what they're like in this specific game/setting).

If the whole thing has you throwing up your hands then there's always the possibility of just doing a "reality shift" and swapping in a new character.
(it's not my preferred thing to do, but you could just do a complete re-write that way. Neeloo never existed* and another dazed person is with the group).
[My preference would be that this new character has some sort of relationship with Big Green Eyes, or else the story kinda falls apart, but we can do that without too much work.].

*=In this case Heian could be searching for the Fey Queen. So his backstory would be "as is" except that (just as Champy went searching for Eldan) he's searching for the Fey Queen HS.

Just suggesting different possibilities.

Graf

Explorer
The Fey Queens backstory doesn't have to be positive particularly. I can be filled with betrayal and horror.
Cursed that "every success becomes tainted, every victory leads to loss" type thing.

In the past you can have, for instance, always betrayed Heian (either left him to die, deceived him or something). :evil:

Subject to not making Ata unhappy with his character of course.

Atanatotatos

First Post
The Fey Queens backstory doesn't have to be positive particularly. I can be filled with betrayal and horror.
Cursed that "every success becomes tainted, every victory leads to loss" type thing.

In the past you can have, for instance, always betrayed Heian (either left him to die, deceived him or something). :evil:

Subject to not making Ata unhappy with his character of course.

Fine with me. A Shield is bound to receive blows in the place of its owner.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads