• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Heroic Souls (FULL/CLOSED - accepting alts)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Graf, as you said we are "free" now. However, since we know nothing about your world, I was thinking that you could give us some options, or ideas at least, to choose from, just not to post blindly in the ic thread. Does it sound reasonable?

Graf

Explorer
Graf, as you said we are "free" now. However, since we know nothing about your world, I was thinking that you could give us some options, or ideas at least, to choose from, just not to post blindly in the ic thread. Does it sound reasonable?

As I said in this post
If you like I can make an OOC list of "out of town plot hooks" or you can just RP amongst yourselves for a while and decide what you want to do that way.
I would be happy to. :)
Let me respond to IC and then come back.

Graf

Explorer
An exhaustive list is tricky. And these aren't recommendations, so much as refreshing your memories.

The original "out of town" plot hooks
There is the "town in the distance" which somebody saw from a high point in town. (we can say that Silvi saw it from the top of the growers dome when she was retrieving a wounded bird for her sister). - this was NNW of town about 65 km (40 miles)
There is the "ghost district" of the town - this would bring you very close back to town
The bridge across the river - this would also bring you very close back to town

Other hooks
Silvi's messages -- the bird comes from somewhere
The snake -- was coming from the swamp south of town

There is the actual geography of the town, the river runs north into the hills, and south into the swamp. The forest (which you are in) is thick to the west. The east wasn't really discussed but I'm thinking its a sort of plains.

There are also some things that you'd probably have trouble following up on (in the sense that they don't say "go east" or "go west")

[sblock=Old Hook's Paintings]
  • a small village
  • a great city full of Gothic imposing architecture, horned figures feature prominently
  • a "white world", the ground is white like it's covered in snow and the walls sparkle
  • there is at least painting that Old Hook drew and destroyed, Karothen found a few shreds lying in the gutter (they had apparently fallen from the roof) -- Old Hook painted nothing after this painting for a long time, to the point that Karothen had begun to fear he would stop making paintings at all
  • hew added a few more but I can't find them now
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]Just some links to old posts
Early "places to go" draft[/sblock]

There is also simply striking off in a random direction and "exploring the forest", if either of those suits your fancy.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Interesting... The more logical choice in this situation is to look for the "other city". I mean, they would like to see how the people from outside the village is, i would guess...

Voda Vosa

First Post
Quinn will be glad too, since he would have the chance to meet another wizard and learn to tame his powers, so to speak. But first there are a few RP situations to resolve: Verulos disappearance, and Silvis skin

Graf

Explorer
An approximate direction to the city that is in a painting and drawn by someone who (even by the standards of the people in your down) pretty crazy?

I dunno, maybe her "pathfinding heroic soul" is that awesome.

Rayex, I was going to make your blue feather a sort of wind related item (flap it and it does stuff). I was thinking maybe letting you have a Thunderwave type effect as a encounter (using your best score) + something like feather fall.

Would you rather it be like Eldans (i.e. no improvement in PC power but useful in plot terms) and say that you can use it to point in the direction of something you're trying to go toward.
(it wouldn't be a perfect-detection device; there would be some broad limits
1. Silvi is actually trying to go to that place
2. The place is important in some way to Silvi personally (even if she doesn't know why)
3. maybe a use limit of some sort (i.e. you must be able to get there by walking and you can only find one location a month?)
4. You must be going towards it without fail (i.e. you can stop to rest, or defend yourself or to hunt but you can't stop and go explore a dungeon or other thing of interest you run into on the way)

Just attempting to accomidate what seems to be a strong player desire in a way that makes story sense.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads