D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy (Recruiting/OOC)

tglassy

Adventurer
So we have our first player casualty. Asherah, the beautiful Kajiit...I mean, Tabaxi, has fallen. Her max HP was 9, and she took 20 points of damage, which is an instadeath. I tried rolling instead of using the average, but it was the same effect.

However, this world has many magics, and if acted quickly enough, it might be possible to revive her. In the meantime, what do the rest of you do now?

Nope, false alarm. Looks like Y'all never finished a short or long rest after Quentin used his Inspiring Leader Feat to grant 3 extra hit points. So, that means that Asherah had 12 hit points, and 12-20 = -8. (20 is the average damage, which is what I was going to use until I saw it would be an instakill).

So, Asherah is currently bleeding out, and barely missed having her spine severed by the creature's claws.

Way to go Quentin.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Well, that was close...

I'm going out of town for my grandfather's funeral for the rest of the week, so won't get to post again. I will be back next week to play catch up.

Feel free to have Asherah remain hobbled in the meantime. I know she can get rid of the injury with a Cure Wounds on herself, but it's a convenient narrative out for now.

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, I was just coming here to make sure you know she had the power to fix herself.

I'm sorry for your loss. Go take care of yourself. The game will be here when you get back. I expect there to be some investigation going on for a bit, anyway.

Greenmtn

Explorer
You said in the other thread that we should level up.

Just want to be sure this means just 2nd level and make our own choices for that? How did you want to do HP?

tglassy

Adventurer
I said once you solve this conundrum you would level up to level 2. I will be fast forwarding a bit, allowing those who survive to make your decisions as to how you will spend your time, and how you wish to grow. Then you will be level 2.

This is a very fluid game, character wise. You have control over your character’s development. But at the same time, I’m wanting to limit the “I built this great character and he’ll be awesome at level 12 when this skill comes into play.” A person can plan out what they want to accomplish in their life, but life happens sometimes. I want this game to be played in the now. Already, at lvl 1, your characters are head and shoulders above the average person on this world. Some are versed with every weapon there is, whereas most soldIers only have a rudimentary knowledge of one weapon, and common people don’t even have that. Others can cast spells effortlessly, even if they do only have two spell slots. That’s two more than 99% of the population.

Remove ads