D&D 5E Aberrant Mind's Psionic Sorcery is officially the most powerful feature.

Dausuul

Legend
The Tasha's version is stronger.
I don't believe you have seen the Tasha's version. I think you are stitching together some leaked fragment you came across with the Unearthed Arcana version, producing a messed-up hybrid that looks nothing like the real thing.

Got a link to the complete Tasha's version?

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
Edit: Don't forget to include a link to your source for the Aberrant Mind itself. And no mixing the Unearthed Arcana version with the Tasha's version. Pick one or the other.

Wait I thought book wasn’t out yet...

I mean heck i am totally down to see a build but asking for a link to a book due next week seems like you are fishing for illegal pirates

Undrave

Legend
Aberrant Mind's Psionic Spells feature(Extra 12 spells known)

Possible bonus spells (Total of 12 extra bonus spells):
Suggestion, Dominate Person, Telekinesis, Spam Dissonant Whisper, Black Tentacle, Charm Person, Charm Monster, Sleep, Mind Spike, Summon Aberration (It's really powerful), Synaptic Static, See invisible, GEAS (30 days charmed), Modify Memory, Arcane Eye, Hold Person, Hold Monster, etc.
It's a really strong spell list. Are sure about it?
At level 9, Aberrant Mind has 22 Spells know. A wizard level 9 with 18 int has only 13 prepared spells.
I can say that Aberrant Mind/Cloakwork soul are more versatile than a wizard. Ironically.

The other 10 sorcerer spells are just versatility and damage as a normal sorcerer can do.

The original Aberrant Mind bonus Psionic Spells were as follow, depending on your Sorcerer Level:

1st : Arms of Hadar, Dissonant Whispers
3rd : Calm emotions, Detect Thoughts
5th : Hunger of Hadar, Sending
7th : Compulsion, Evard's black tentacles
9th : Modify memory, Rory's telephonic bond

No dominate, no charm, no suggestion, no sleep or mind spike or summon.

Dausuul

Legend
I can't link, It's prints with a lot of subclasses. It's out forum rule.
Okay, I'll take your word for that. That still leaves us the question of what's in this build.

Wait I thought book wasn’t out yet...

I mean heck i am totally down to see a build but asking for a link to a book due next week seems like you are fishing for illegal pirates
I was skeptical that OP had actually seen the subclass in question; that said, it was possible there was a preview or spoiler somewhere I couldn't find on Google. I am definitely not requesting pirated material, will clarify that in the original post.

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
The original Aberrant Mind bonus Psionic Spells were as follow, depending on your Sorcerer Level:

That alone looks awesome but I wonder if they added charms and dominates and mind spike they had to take a few off right?!?

Hohige

Explorer

You can replace Psionic spells for Sorcerer/Wizard/walorck enchantment/divination.
Its tasha updates.
Also, Summon Aberrant and other spells is added to The list.

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
You can replace Psionic spells for Sorcerer/Wizard/walorck enchantment/divination.
Its tasha updates.
Also, Summon Aberrant and other spells is added to The list.
So it is just a blanket “any enchantment divination” spell can be learned instead of one of the 12 pre picked spells

Remove ads