• NOW LIVE! -- One-Page Adventures for D&D 5th Edition on Kickstarter! A booklet of colourful one-page adventures for D&D 5th Edition ranging from levels 1-9 and designed for a single session of play.

D&D 5E Aberrant Mind's Psionic Sorcery is officially the most powerful feature.

Hohige

Explorer
If you want play a really fun social character and still really fun for your team and shine on combat. Go Aberrant Mind.
Dominating the social encounter.
1) Cha caster + Skill Expert for Expertise on Persuation.
2) Hex (from bonus spell list).
3) Subtly cast it
4) Talk with him with Telepathy

With Psionic Hex, the target has disadvantage on Wis Checks.
Level 6 Aberrant Mind.
You have 1d20 +11 Persuation The Sorcerer's Magical Guidance allows you reroll if you fail.

So, The target has disadvantage on wis skill x expertise cha skill with rerolls.

All Mental Manipulation with Telepathic Speed.

You can be a socially manipulative GOD without harming your fighting RAW Power.
It's fun for a Evil Party.

Crit

Explorer
If you want play a really fun social character and still really fun for your team and shine on combat. Go Aberrant Mind.
Dominating the social encounter.
1) Cha caster + Skill Expert for Expertise on Persuation.
2) Hex (from bonus spell list).
3) Subtly cast it
4) Talk with him with Telepathy

With Psionic Hex, the target has disadvantage on Wis Checks.
Level 6 Aberrant Mind.
You have 1d20 +11 Persuation The Sorcerer's Magical Guidance allows you reroll if you fail.

So, The target has disadvantage on wis skill x expertise cha skill with rerolls.

All Mental Manipulation with Telepathic Speed.

You can be a socially manipulative GOD without harming your fighting RAW Power.
It's fun for a Evil Party.
I think that lines up, and is befitting of a telepath-like class. This would probably be replicated by a Great Old One Warlock, who I'd put in a comparable tier by virtue of EB and whatever pact boon the choose. Aberrant Mind's appeal separate from this would be many, many more spells and the Metamagic freedom. Also the Psionic sorcery.

jgsugden

Legend
Just bringing this thread back up to see what play experience people are having with Aberrant Mind sorcerers.

I started a campaign a few weeks ago and decided to give an Aberrant Mind a go as it fit with the setting. I'm doing a human variant with the metamagic adept. So far, not overpowered - but I am not quite to 6th level, yet, either. However, in my observation, the cheaper SP -> spell at 6th seems to be the more important benefit for my games as we're facing a good number of threats per LR.

An Advertisement

Advertisement4