• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Time seems to freeze for Bell as the darkness washes over her. She can feel her knees buckle, her body failing. No. . . it's not supposed to end here. Am I the foolish sidekick meant to give other heroes future motivations? Then a shield of magic appears around her taking most of the pain away. One of my allies has saved me!

"Hurray!" Bell then realizes that two of her allies had fallen. "Oh no!"

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Next Move]Hmm, I'm thinking of moving to E9 and heal Derien (sliding him away from the ghoul), possibly ditching Song of Courage to attack Sherryl with Blunder.

That's only going to buy Derien and Martelai time, though, since Derien's still stunned, immobilized, and prone (no getting away or healing Martelai). So, any ideas?[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yes, I want K11. I need it to sneak attack Sherryl. Okay, assuming you are indeed no longer there...[/sblock]

Charina pops up near the stairs and surprises Sherryl with bolt that hits her in the legs and leaves her unsteady.

-''Heya. Nice to meet you.'' Charina grins, remaining in clear sight of Sherryl for the first time of the fight.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Reload
Shift: to K11
Standard: Preparatory shot vs Sheryl (1d20+11+2=22, 8+2d6=16)

Yeah, hit for 16 and Sherryl grants Combat advantage ro me until the end of my next turn, so I will be able to sneak attack even though I most definetly am no longer hidden!

Oh, and I gain 5 hp for hitting Sherryl. 34/34.

EDIT: Wait, it might just be 15 damage. Should the +1 to damage from the magic crossbow be added to the preparatory shot damage? On the one hand, there is no [w] damage but on the other it has the weapon keyword so...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

taran

First Post
[sblock=ooc]If it has the weapon keyword it gets bonuses from your wielded weapon, including a magic weapon's bonus to damage, unless specifically noted otherwise.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]1) Rhole is at J11 not K11, as he said, my mistake.
2) Charina can apply the bonus form the weapon enhancement bonus, it is a weapon attack.
3) Charina is within Sherryl aura, she regains no hp.
4) I want to hear about corvaith before acting. I still have a feeling about an interrupt here, like Dimensional Vortex to prevent Derien to fall under the Ghoul attack. But that would mean an AoO from Sherryl.[/SBLOCK]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
4) I want to hear about corvaith before acting. I still have a feeling about an interrupt here, like Dimensional Vortex to prevent Derien to fall under the Ghoul attack. But that would mean an AoO from Sherryl.

Urg. I've dithered, since I don't have a target to redirect the attack to, but yeah, I'd better try it. Dimensional Vortex it is. 18 vs. Will as an interrupt; if that hits, teleport the ghoul to F11 and its attack is wasted.

Really wish I could redirect that onto Sherryl. :(
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Sherryl no being immobilized, the attack would have had no effect on her... but you just save the life of Derien.

I will need Derien action, who have been unharmed during last round. Also, note that the Ghoul is no more in melee with Derien, no AoO with ranged attack.

Derien: 7/36, 1AP, Bloodied, Prone, Immobilized (save ends)[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads