• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] BH1: Merryl's Rescue (DM: Velmont, Judge: renau1g)

Velmont

First Post
"It's time for some of you to die." tells Sherryl as she stab Martelai. She then walks toward the group and send a bolt of darkness to Bell who also fall under her attack.

[SBLOCK=Mechanic]Sherryl
Start: recharge (1d6=5)
Standard: Dagger vs AC on Martelai (1d20+11=21, 1d4+4+1d6=6) Hit and dying.
Move: Walk to I8
Action Point: Death Bolt vs Fort on Bell (1d20+9=17, 1d6+6=11)Hit, Immobilized (save ends) and Dying.
End: Save vs. Ill Fortune (1d20+2=10) Save![/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Sarcophagus are difficult movement square and give cover to anyone who is prone.

Initiative:
27: Ghouls - Acted
23: Charina
23: Derien
21: Rhole
19: Martelai
17: Dreadclaws
11: Bell
7: Sherryl
3: Ikni

Heroes
Bell: -2/30, Dying, Unconscious, Bloodied, Prone, Immobilized (save ends), Song of Defence (sustain Minor)
Charina: 29/34, 1AP, Hidden
Derien: 7/36, 1AP, Bloodied, Prone, Immobilized (save ends)
Ikni: 25/43, 1AP, Bloodied, +2 def UEoNT
Martelai: -4/33, 1AP, Dying, Unconscious, Bloodied, Prone
Rhole: 17/29, 1AP, Song of Courage (sustain Minor)

Enemies
Harold: -0, Marked by Ikni
Ghoul2: -19, Cursed
Sherryl: -55, Bloodied, Anyone who hit Sherryl regain 5 hp

Sherryl Aura 5: Any creature within her aura cannot regain hit points and undead have +1 att, dam and def[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

Attachments

• MapNorth.jpg
    MapNorth.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Dunamin

First Post
[SBLOCK=Mechanic]Martelai
Dire Radiance vs Refl on Ikni (1d20+5=16, 1d6+4=6) Miss, thanks to Second Wind.

Harold
Move: Walk to M11
Standard: Claw vs AC on Ikni (1d20+9=18, 2d6+4=11) Miss[/SBLOCK]
At this point, Rhole’s thunderous musical climax induces pockets of local turbulence all around him. One of these catches hold of Ikniqpalagaq and the nearby dreadclaw, whisking them around the tomb.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Rhole uses Virtue of Cunning to slide Ikni a square. Thanks to Advantage of Cunning feat, Rhole can also slide the dreadclaw into the square Ikni occupied.

If Ikni’s planning to go after Sherryl, I suggest L9 and leaving the dreadclaw where it is. If not, I suggest N9 and sliding the dreadclaw as well, so as to flank it with Charina.

By the way, Rhole moved to J11 on his turn, not K11.

Rhole – Gnome Bard 2
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 12
AC 18, Fort 12, Reflex 16, Will 17
Resist 5 fire
HP 17/29, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 8/8
Speed 5, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers: Cutting Words, Vicious Mockery;
Blunder, Majestic Word: 1/2, Words of Friendship; Fade Away, Ghost Sound;
Stirring Shout, Song of Courage
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]ScorpiousRisk: I forget the 11 points of damage. I added them. You'll be happy to learn you bloodied her.

Dunamin: You cannot slide Harold on Ikni square. There is a difference of height of 3 feet and going up without the stair asks for an (easy) Atheltic roll. Forced movement cannot move vertically someone. [/SBLOCK]

covaithe

Explorer
As Sherryl's spell streaks towards Bell, Ikni's hand stretches out, and a shimmering barrier of arcane force springs into existence. The spell penetrates the barrier, but much of its force is spent, and Bell retains consciousness.

Ikni strides forward, eager to close with the witch at last. She slams her foot to the earth with a cry, sending shock tremors through the ground for a short distance, then brings her blade around in a scything arc. Sadly, her blow is more enthusiastic than calculated, and Sherryl ducks aside.

[sblock=actions]On Harold's turn, take the slide from Rhole to L9.

Immediate Interrupt, on Sherryl's turn: Channeling Shield, triggered by the hit on Bell. Bell takes 8 less damage, and I gain +3 damage to my next attack before the end of my next turn. Bell isn't dying.

Move: to K8.
Minor: Earthshock. 20 vs. Fort against Sherryl; if that hits she is knocked prone. Do I regain 5 hp from this? Not clear, based on Sherryl's aura.
Standard: Booming blade vs. Sherryl: 13 vs. AC surely misses. Even a 15, from CA if the Earthshock hit, is probably a miss. Well, if it somehow hits, it's 13 damage and 7 thunder damage if she starts her turn adjacent and then moves away.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Sherryl is prone and unharmed. And while within the aura, you can't regain any hit point, that include the effect Bell have put on Sherryl.

Update later.[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
So I progressed from failing domination saves to making death saves (at least they are succeeding). What if I rolled 20? Would I recover hit points or would aura prevent that too?

Sad thing is, I still have encounter power to spend. That's how many actions I've taken in this fight. :( Something I won't put into memoars

Death roll (1d20=15)

Velmont

First Post
Taking advantage of the immobility of the Cleric, the ghoul jump on him and start eating him. The cleric falls unconscious under the pain of the wound.

[SBLOCK=Mechanic]Ghoul
Move: Shift to A7
Standard: Bite vs AC on Derien (1d20+12=19, 3d6+4=18) Hit. Derien is stunned (save ends) and is dying.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Status]Sarcophagus are difficult movement square and give cover to anyone who is prone.

Initiative:
27: Ghouls - Acted
23: Charina
23: Derien
21: Rhole
19: Martelai
17: Dreadclaws
11: Bell
7: Sherryl
3: Ikni

Heroes
Bell: 6/30, Immobilized (save ends), Song of Defence (sustain Minor)
Charina: 29/34, 1AP, Hidden
Derien: -11/36, 1AP, Dying, Unconscious, Bloodied, Prone, Immobilized (save ends), Stunned (save ends)
Ikni: 25/43, 1AP, Bloodied, +2 def UEoNT
Martelai: -4/33, 1AP, Dying, Unconscious, Bloodied, Prone
Rhole: 17/29, 1AP, Song of Courage (sustain Minor)

Enemies
Harold: -0, Marked by Ikni
Ghoul2: -19, Cursed
Sherryl: -55, Bloodied, Prone, Anyone who hit Sherryl regain 5 hp

Sherryl Aura 5: Any creature within her aura cannot regain hit points and undead have +1 att, dam and def[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Map]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

Attachments

• MapNorth.jpg
    MapNorth.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 152

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads