• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

4E [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

KarinsDad

Villager
---------------------------------------------

PCs:
Baern Woodsbane: Dwarf Ranger (johnmeier1)
Cairn: Warforged Warden (Neurotic)
Christina Robins: Human Druid (Luinnar)
Narvala ir'Sarhain: Human Invoker (drothgery)
Nyar Harbor: Human Wizard (FourMonos)

We're continuing here heading to Fallen. I'll get XP out as soon as I can.

FourMonos

Villager
Nyar leans heavily on his staff as he shuffles along. His right hand stays near his wand.

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Level 6 Wizard
Init: +6 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 18 NAD: F: 14 R:19 W:17 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 41/41 Surges: 3/6 Surge Value: 10 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Stinking Cloud, Flaming Sphere
Item: Potion of Healing x1
Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos)#Summary [/sblock]

Neurotic

Adventurer
Cairn leads the way, his heavy thread announcing him before he's seen. Ghalad'Zar sparkles with hidden energies.

drothgery

Community Supporter
Narvala stays in the middle of the group, trying to remind herself that she has no business being anywhere near the front lines of combat.
OOC: Narvala can't get back to full HPs even by spending all of her surges, but KD has said leaders can use as many non-daily healing powers as they want during a rest, so if Christina doesn't mind healing her, that would help (she needs 43 HPs to get back to full, spending all of her surges would get 33)

[sblock=ministat]Narvala—Female Human Invoker 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 25
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 20, Will: 22; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -1 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 3/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge: 11, Surges left: 3/6;
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Grasping Shards
Vanguard's Lightning
Forceful Denunciation
Chains of Carceri
Purging Flame
Wall of Light
Grasping Chains of the Justicar
Astral Step

Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke [/sblock]

Luinnar

Villager
OOC: Narvala can't get back to full HPs even by spending all of her surges, but KD has said leaders can use as many non-daily healing powers as they want during a rest, so if Christina doesn't mind healing her, that would help (she needs 43 HPs to get back to full, spending all of her surges would get 33)
OOC: Chrsitina can give you +1d6+2 on your surges. Or someone else can spend a surge and regain +2 HP and give you 1d6+1 surgeless healing.

I don't have any other healing powers besides that, sorry.

Christina bandages everyone up with her "magical" herbs and spices she carries. There all done! she says brushing her hands off. You smell nice and naturey too!

OOC: @KarinsDad I would like to add the Pack Outcast theme to Christina (and re-flavor the wolf stuff into bears). Do you know the official auto-approve date for the Neverwinter book? Amazon lists that release date as [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Neverwinter-Campaign-Setting-Dungeons-Supplement/dp/0786958146/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315462409&sr=8-2"]August 16. [/ame]

Also, what would be a good time to add the theme to her sheet?

Thanks

[sblock=Christina Robins]
Christina Robins—Female Human Sentinel Druid 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20, Fort: 18, Reflex: 16, Will: 19
Speed: 6
HP: 45/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 11/11;
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Tending Strike
Grasping Tide
Call Bear Animal Companion (Pooh)
Call Bear Spirit Companion (Rabberta)

Healing Word 0/2
Healing Spirit
Combined Attack 2/2
Barkskin
World Speaker's Command
Sudden Call

Speak With Spirits
Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh]
Pooh Chaotic Evil Bear Animal Companion:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage.

Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 to allies defenses.

Note:Moves whenever Christina takes a move action.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rabberta]
Rabberta Lawful Good Spirit Bear:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]
The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Christina takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Christina's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 6 squares whenever Christina takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

Villager
OOC: [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION] has a point, if [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] utilizes three of those Healing Spirit powers when he uses his three healing surges (I think it was three), then Narvala would get free 3d6+3 hit points without spending a surge. Besides didn't Christina use a healing word on Narvala when she first healed her? I'll go check...

FourMonos

Villager
OOC: [MENTION=360]drothgery[/MENTION] Right, so looking back, it looks like you were 4/6 surges when we hit the barge, Chirstina healed you for surge+7, so you should be 18 hit points and 3/6 surges after the skill challenge. With KD's permission, the 3d6+3 hit points from Cairn's healing/healing spirit would go a long way...

KarinsDad

Villager
OOC: [MENTION=360]drothgery[/MENTION] Right, so looking back, it looks like you were 4/6 surges when we hit the barge, Chirstina healed you for surge+7, so you should be 18 hit points and 3/6 surges after the skill challenge. With KD's permission, the 3d6+3 hit points from Cairn's healing/healing spirit would go a long way...
OOC: This works for me.

KarinsDad

Villager
OOC: @KarinsDad I would like to add the Pack Outcast theme to Christina (and re-flavor the wolf stuff into bears). Do you know the official auto-approve date for the Neverwinter book? Amazon lists that release date as August 16.

Also, what would be a good time to add the theme to her sheet?

Thanks
OOC: I don't think you will be able to do this. The Neverwinter Themes are Forgotten Realms specific, not Eberron. You can ask the other judges, but they have historically ruled that FR or Dark Sun or other setting explicit rules do not apply to Eberron.

Luinnar

Villager
OOC: I don't think you will be able to do this. The Neverwinter Themes are Forgotten Realms specific, not Eberron. You can ask the other judges, but they have historically ruled that FR or Dark Sun or other setting explicit rules do not apply to Eberron.
OOC: OK I'll ask, thanks. :)

There was a bit of discussion on the Neverwinter themes when themes passed, but nothing official was ruled on IIRC.

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Villager
Here's the previous XP for reference:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5424179-post607.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5425589-post612.html

2417 + 8 RP Baern
2417 + 8 RP Nyar
1040 + 5 RP Cairn
680 + 1 RP Navara

New XP. Everyone but Christina:

Running from the "guards": 0 XP
Getting into Skynest (shouldn't have been a challenge at all, but Veruza made it one): 200 * 2 / 5 (Veruza still in group) = 80 XP
Fighting the Kenku: 3 Level 4 Kenku Inciters upgraded to level 5: 600 * 2 / 4 = 300
Falling Trap: Level 7 deadfall with multiple escapes: 300 * 2 / 4 = 150

Total: 530 XP

New XP. Everyone including Christina:

Fix the Airship: Level 8, Complexity 2: 700 * 2 / 5 = 280 XP

Dec 21 through Aug 20: 810 + 8 RP Baern
Jan 13 through Aug 12: 810 + 7 RP Cairn
July 19 through Aug 18: 280 + 1 RP Christina
Dec 18 through Aug 17: 810 + 8 RP Navara
Dec 21 through Aug 20: 810 + 8 RP Nyar

Note: Anyone who can is allowed to level up, even though the party is not taking an extended rest. If the party decides to take an extended rest, let me know (course, that might have consequences).

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Villager
Baern seems more comfortable in his heavy armor, and not any slower.

OOC: I am just posting Baern's ministats again. I have enough RP to level up at the next break. Though I need my 2 approvals for 6th level. Can anyone do one for me? I can be a non-judge reviewer for you. I would take any extra non-surge healing as well but will probably wait.

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers:Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally)
Init: +2 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 15
AC: 21 NAD:19/15/17
HP: 47/57 Surges: 6/8 Surge Value: 14 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness, Serpentine Dodge
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe, Snarling Wolf Stance

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

drothgery

Community Supporter
OOC: Okay, doing some math here.
After adding new XP and RPs, Narvala now has 8392 XP and 10 unused reward points.
She's currently 6th level, so she can exchange RPs for 250 XP.
So she'll swap 7 RPs for 1750 XP to get to 10,142 XP and level up. That means she's gone from spending 8 RPs total to 15, and so should get gold equal to an 1/5 of an item of her level (not sure if that's 6th or 7th for this purpose), and one treasure parcel. I think the only parcel she's missing before reseting the cycle is the gold.

She'll have 3 unused RPs for now.

Will need to update Narvala's character sheet this weekend.

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Villager
Cairn is barely above 6th so no level up for him.
Cairn can level up if you want.

810 XP is 32% of a level from 6th to 7th and would require 7 of the 8 RP to get to 7th. At least, if my brain is working properly (I can never tell these days). ;)

Neurotic

Adventurer
Hmm, maybe I'm not working right, but I need 2000 (give or take) which would require...8 x 250...which I have. I'm stupid. Sorry. But I'm also slammed with work after the vacation so unless you plan to throw us in very difficult encounters, I would hold to my level...

drothgery

Community Supporter
OOC: Okay, Narvala is mostly updated to level 7 except that I'm a bit confused on how to apply the bonuses from every 10 RPs you exchange. I just exchanged 7 RPs to get her to level 7, and that put her over 10 RPs used for that character. I think that means she gets 1/5 of a 7th level item in gold, and one treasure parcel; since she has items from level +1, level +2, level +3, and level +4, I think the parcel she doesn't have left is the gold.
Added Ordained Priest theme, retrained Grasping Shards to Hand of Radiance, level 7 encounter power is Tide of the First Storm

Neurotic

Adventurer
OOC: OK, then, I'll try to fit it in this evening or tomorrow at the latest. I'll level up. 7th level item = 2600/5 = 520gp correct? Cairn will be 7th also.

Advertisement