Airwalkrr's 4e Game IC: Ch 1 Sedition

airwalkrr

Adventurer
''No need to take him anywhere.Pelor will heal this wounded man here.'' he puts his hand in the man,and a yellow light appears from his hands.
Celen is moved by Krawlinstar's compassion and even more impressed by his divine energy. "Clearly you command divine energy beyond my ken. On so talented in the healing arts is quite an asset to an adventuring party."
"I'm making fun, come on! The slight slur of your 's' and the pronunciation of your 'a' clearly identify you as a local. But your 'l' shows that you were raised in the elven tongue at home, not the human."
Erik perfectly observes.
"And to think I doubted your wits!" Celen exclaims. "Your keen powers of observation are beyond reproach. You are almost exactly correct. Though I am part elf, both of my parents were elves and schooled me with prejudice in the elven tongue. How were both my parents elves when I am part human? Well, that's a riddle you'll have to figure out."
GM: You can use Insight to solve Celen's riddle. Alternately, you can guess at the answer. Either way, the correct answer counts as a success. You now have 5 successes and 1 failure. It's a full count. (Forgive the baseball expression.)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: Voda Vosa and drothgery can take their turns for this round at any time. Walking Dad and wolfattack please wait for them, although you may feel free to aid their checks if you can do so reasonably.

drothgery

First Post
A little annoyed at the suggestion she might have been drunk, Lia had slipped off to the side in the impromptu brawl, and when the others noticed her again she was getting a drink from Kastra.

When the girl returned to the adventurers' table to serve another round of drinks and collect payment for the previous one, Celen was quite surprised to find his coinpurse missing.

"You were looking for this?" Lia said, tossing it back to Celen.

OOC: 29 on Thievery check

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: Gratz! You've succeeded at the skill challenge. Everyone gets 100 XP. I will craft Celen's response tomorrow. About to head to bed now.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: I was writing the response last night and had it almost finished when I accidentally closed the browser. :p About that time my medication started kicking in and I wasn't coherent enough to type it up again. So apologies, but here it is!

drothgery said:

"You were looking for this?"
Lia said, tossing it back to Celen.
"Trickery! Fantastic!" Celen exclaims, "And a clever bit of it too. Thankfully I never carry around more than 10 pieces of gold at a time," he adds with a wink."

"Well you all have definitely demonstrated yourselves to be canny adventurers. Able to think on the spot and a handy bit of skill at weapons and magic too. I like it!" he says with a smile, "The job is yours, if you'll have it. But this is not the place to discuss such things. If you will accompany me upstairs I will tell you the details."

Celen leads your party upstairs to a private room. He opens it with a small silver key and ushers you inside. The room is well-furnished for a furlough, with a set of bunks in the far corner, as well as a simple wooden table surrounded by a number of chairs, more than enough for your party. Celen bids you to sit down after locking the door, then proceeds to ward the room with a simple ritual which he says will make it difficult for eavesdroppers to hear what is going on. Then he wanders over to a pantry from which he retrieves a small bottle and several glasses. He offers you each a drink. "Special brandy," he tells you, when asked what the bottle contains.

Once you all have your drinks and Celen has had a sip or two himself, he grabs one of the chairs and turns it around to sit with the back of the chair in front of him. "You know good help is so hard to come by these days. Maybe heroism is a lost art. I don't know. But I've had a little problem brewing that needs a group with your exact sort of talents and it has been painfully difficult to find someone with the proper qualifications."

"I am what you may call a broker of information. My loyalty is to Parliament and it is my job to ensure that certain things are kept as they should be. But recent events have given me cause for great concern. It seems there is a festering sore in this fine city that has been growing as time goes on. I wondered about it first a little over a month ago when I noticed that caravans from Belind were continuing on with slight 'alterations' in their cargo manifests after stopping here. These caravans are common, shipping supplies to our forts and colonies out along the coast and further, but those bearing the sign of the Silver Mantle Company are either full of incompetent sods or participating in something rather sinister."

Celen takes a stout drink from his glass and swallows a large breath before continuing. "The job I have for you requires first that you swear an oath of loyalty to The Republic and Parliament in this task. Assuming you do so, I have a work of espionage I would like you to perform. Infiltrate the Silver Mantle Company enclave here in Manas and find out what is afoot. I suspect some sort of villainy or deception in the missing cargo and need to know what is being planned by those responsible. If you can apprehend those responsible in the process, so much the better. But it will be enough to know exactly what is going on and why. Once you have sworn your oaths I shall provide you letters of marque that grant you full authority to act on behalf of Parliament in this matter."

"What do you have to say for yourselves? Are you up to the task?"

drothgery

First Post
It just occured to me, Lia thought, that I never swore loyalty to the Republic before, despite ten years as a soldier. But my oaths were to follow the lawful orders of the officers, not to Parlaiment. One of the differences between officers and common soldiers.

"I should think we would be interested. We'd hire on as caravan guards or some such?" She says.

Walking Dad

First Post
Erik

"I understand that your offer is a great honor, but what about pay. Not that we are not patriotic, but we also need to drink and eat..."
Erik 'dares' to ask.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Eric Apeldan
Perception: 17 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Stoneblood, Thunderwave
Encounter Powers: Staff of Defense, Leaden Transmutation
Daily Powers: Slimy Transmutation

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yeah, I can't eat patriotism. But if you offer us a good amount of gold, you'll have yourself the most competent team around." reassures Petron.

Remove ads