• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's 4e Game IC: Ch 1 Sedition

Walking Dad

First Post
Erik

"As I already said, I'm not good at sneaking around. Who has access to the enclave? Did they get regular supplies? Who is guarding it? Could we be hired as guards?"
Erik thinks aloud.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Eric Apeldan
Perception: 17 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Stoneblood, Thunderwave
Encounter Powers: Staff of Defense, Leaden Transmutation
Daily Powers: Slimy Transmutation

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Erik

"As I already said, I'm not good at sneaking around. Who has access to the enclave? Did they get regular supplies? Who is guarding it? Could we be hired as guards?"
Erik thinks aloud.

"If we can 'legitimately' get close enough, I am pretty good at sneaking around. Talking past guards is another matter." Lia reminds him. A decade as a military scout and the much more rough and tumble education she'd had in one of the worst districts of Belind had accomplished that.

wolfattack

First Post
''And if i caused a distraction for the rest of the group enter the place? i could pose myself as a thug,or even make another role,like a drunk guard that is causing troubles if they hired me,then i could make things easy for a sneak or whatever,or enter the place as a lonely mercenary .i think this would leave them whit less to worried about instead of ''a band of suspicion mercenaries''.also,it would atract less attention to the rest of the group.'' Krawlinstar said after thinking a little bit.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Erik

Erik thinks aloud.
"As for access, the enclave administrative offices are a public place of business while the warehouses are private. Regarding regularity of supplies, caravans come through daily on their way to the frontier or on their way back to resupply. The guards are private security; I couldn't tell you much more about that, but likely to be locals and innocent of any complicity, although I can't be certain about this. You might get access by being hired as guards, but you would have to inquire as to the availability of such a position in their administrative offices."

"At any rate, I think you have things well in hand. I will leave you to your plans. I wish you luck."

With these parting wishes, Celen departs, leaving you with the room key and the letter of marque.

GM: I am going to make gaining access to the inside of the enclave a skill challenge of only moderate difficulty. By various means you can discover lightly guarded or unguarded entryways, persuade Silver Mantle Company employees that you belong, and earn their trust. You will need to amass 10 successes before 5 failures to succeed at the challenge. Primary skills include: Bluff to persuade employees that you are one of them, Diplomacy to negotiate a contract as guards, History to determine the Silver Mantle Company's traditional modes of operation and caravan routes, and Stealth to discover secret or unused entryways. Other skills are, of course, allowed, so long as you can come up with a reasonable way to use the skill.

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I really suck with those skills, will try to aid somebody... Also I posted a pick on the Rg. You should check it out airwalkrr, it explains how he can carry so much weaponry.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: You're running a Str/Con fighter, VV; you've got bad stats to be good at untrained skills and a small number of trained skills.

"Do you want me to check and see if I can find a back way in to the enclave?" Lia asks. If no one objects, she leaves to follow up on the idea.

(assming no objections)

Lia makes her way to behind the Silver Mantle Company enclave. She thinks she might have tipped off a highly skilled observer, but with a little luck, she ought to be able to avoid that.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: Pay particular attention to this sentence, Voda:

GM: Other skills are, of course, allowed, so long as you can come up with a reasonable way to use the skill.
GM: You don't have to use the skills I indicated. They are just the primary skills for the challenge. Be creative and I'll allow you to use any skill you like.

And that's a great picture, but it's also ridiculously silly. I assume it was in jest, otherwise I'd comment further.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Lia makes her way to behind the Silver Mantle Company enclave. She thinks she might have tipped off a highly skilled observer, but with a little luck, she ought to be able to avoid that.
With Lia's skillful approach, she has discovered a route to approach the administrative offices of the enclave from the back that would allow the party to avoid notice as long as they were reasonably careful. This route could be of use.
GM: You have 1 success and 0 failures.

Walking Dad

First Post
Erik

Erik searches his books and the local temples and offices for background information regarding the Silver Mantle Company's traditional modes of operation and caravan routes.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Erik Apeldan
Perception: 17 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Stoneblood, Thunderwave
Encounter Powers: Staff of Defense, Leaden Transmutation
Daily Powers: Slimy Transmutation

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Erik searches his books and the local temples and offices for background information regarding the Silver Mantle Company's traditional modes of operation and caravan routes.
Erik discovers that the Silver Mantle Company is the chief supplier of arms and armor for all of Berandal's outlying forts on the borders of the Macea region. This includes two primary forts housing 250 soldiers apiece, including 50 cavalry, as well as three minor forts housing 100 soldiers apiece, including 12 cavalry. As such, a large number of armaments pass through the Silver Mantle Company's warehouses every week. And yet oddly enough, many of the forts have registered complaints in recent months that they are under-supplied. However incoming receipts contain exactly what has been requested by the fort's leaders. The dry goods and armaments warehouse in the enclave is likely to hold answers to why this discrepancy exists.
GM: That's 2 successes and 0 failures.

Remove ads