• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's 4e Game IC: Ch 1 Sedition

wolfattack

First Post
Krawlinstar search the local Pelor church for any information related in the tomes and manuscripts about the Silver Mantle Company,and if any other cult or other god's temple have anything related or mentioned whit the Silver Mantle Company.

OOC: oh,sorry about the wrong check....still getting used whit it.:p

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: wolfattack, I'll use the first d20 rolled as your check. It was a 16, so you have a total of 20.

Krawlinstar discovers an interesting bit of lore at the local church to Pelor, where he is allowed to browse the libraries. Many years ago, in the early days around when the city was founded, the main building of the Silver Mantle Company's enclave (the building which now houses the administrative offices) was actually a temple to the Raven Queen. The archaic religion eventually fell out of favor and the temple was abandoned, but there are said to be catacombs beneath the old temple, which might still be accessible by the sewer.
GM: You can now make a History or Streetwise check to determine where the sewer entrances are located in relation to the enclave. You have 3 successes and 0 failures. Voda Vosa, see if you can't come up with a creative use for one of your better skills.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: Bump.
Voda Vosa if you'd like a hint, here are just some possible uses for your skills.
Intimidate: find a lackey from the SMC and try to get him to tell you something
Heal: wait for an accident and offer your services to assist someone in the SMC who might be wounded
Athletics: climb a tall building nearby to get a better lay of the land
Endurance: challenge someone from the SMC to an endurance contest, hoping to use that situation to your advantage

Not to play your character for you, just wanting to move things along in case you were stumped.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Petron wanders around the enclave, searching for a good target. He stands there, leaning a bit to the right, as he always does. Hanging from his hip, his weapons were really visible. He intercepts a young man, loading some crates on a wagon. Grabing him from the shirt, without mediating words, he pulls him into a dark alley.
"Alright scum, I need information, and yer gonna give it to me, and in exchange I'll spare yer life."

Initimidate: 17 Sorry for the delay, I was in a meeting the last few days!

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Alright scum, I need information, and yer gonna give it to me, and in exchange I'll spare yer life."
The young porter stutters and blubbers as he complies with Petron's demands. He freely tells Petron everything he knows about the Silver Mantle Company. The young man has only been working for the company for about five months, during which he has made two trips up along the coast to supply Fort Constance, which is one of the chief forts the Silver Mantle Company is under contract to supply. He tells you the master of his caravan, a dwarf named Thorfin, is extremely harsh and exceedingly wealthy. He admits that his fellow porters suspect Thorfin is skimming off the top to line his own pockets, but that none of them have any proof. After convincing you that he will be noticed if he doesn't report back soon, you let him go, with a stern warning not to say anything about your little talk. He readily agrees to your proposition before scampering off.
GM: You can now use History or Streetwise to learn more about Thorfin, such as his place of residence in the city and where he likes to hang out on his downtime. You could also use Stealth to try to follow him after he ends his shift and see where he ends up. It is apparent that accosting him in the daylight will draw too much attention to yourself.

You have 4 successes and 0 failures. You've learned a great deal, but you will need more information if you are going to get inside. Begin round 2 of the skill challenge.

Voda Vosa, not that I don't trust you, but please use EN World's built-in dice roller from now on.

drothgery

First Post
With Lia's skillful approach, she has discovered a route to approach the administrative offices of the enclave from the back that would allow the party to avoid notice as long as they were reasonably careful. This route could be of use.

Lia stays hidden for a while, observing who or what comes and goes through the back route, and anything she can use to mark it, before returning to the group.

OOC: Perception +10

Voda Vosa

First Post
Petron lets the others know what he learned, in hopes they could know something about this dwarf, or the Fort they are supplying goods at.

wolfattack

First Post
i tell everyone what i have discovered in the local Pelor church,then i ask if anyone whish to go whit me in the sewer to investigate.after that i leave the room and go.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: Any time I reveal a new use for a skill during a skill challenge you can use that skill again.

Edit: In case there are any of you who like to mince words, let's make that "Any time I reveal a new use for a skill during a skill challenge you can use that skill again for the new use expressed."

Last edited:

Remove ads