• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's 4e Game IC: Ch 1 Sedition

Walking Dad

First Post
Erik

"Thorfin... Thorfin... wait, I remember this guy..." Erik starts to share his knowledge about Thorfin with the others.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Erik Apeldan
Perception: 17 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Stoneblood, Thunderwave
Encounter Powers: Staff of Defense, Leaden Transmutation
Daily Powers: Slimy Transmutation

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Lia stays hidden for a while, observing who or what comes and goes through the back route, and anything she can use to mark it, before returning to the group.

OOC: Perception +10
GM: I will interpret that as a Perception check, which I will roll. You got a 27.

Lia notices many of the usual things one might see at a busy trading post. Teamsters hauling wagons of goods, porters carrying things to and fro, and lackeys hurrying about on various errands. However she also notices something unusual. Along one of the walls around the outside of the offices is some unusual stonework. On closer inspection it appears that it isn't stonework at all. It is actually a faux paneling of wood painted to look like the surrounding stone. It may be that this was once an entrance and has been sealed off, but that the contractors were too cheap to replicate the stone used in the original works. Whatever the case, it could prove a useful means of egress.
i tell everyone what i have discovered in the local Pelor church,then i ask if anyone whish to go whit me in the sewer to investigate.after that i leave the room and go.
GM: To clarify, in order to use the sewers, you would need some direction on how to enter the sewers so that you end up underneath the Silver Mantle Company Enclave. This would require a History or Streetwise check as indicated. I might allow other skills depending on how you choose to use them.

"Thorfin... Thorfin... wait, I remember this guy..." Erik starts to share his knowledge about Thorfin with the others.
Not only has Erik heard of Thorfin, he knows quite a great deal about him. Thorfin has earned quite a reputation around Macea for his shrewd business practices and many rumored underhanded dealings. He's been investigated twice in formal hearings with the Regional Court, but found innocent due to legal technicalities on both occasions. He is also known to have a terrible weakness for gambling, and rumor has it, despite his enormous income, he is heavily in debt. He lives in a manor home in an upper class district of Macea known as the Silver Hills. Finding his place of residence would not be a challenge. He can also be found almost ever night in the seedier district of Thrush Hole, where all manner of vice can be found, including women of ill-repute, bloodsport, and of course, gambling.
GM: That's 6 successes and 0 failures. To summarize you have three fairly good leads to go on for finding a way into the enclave. The first is the sewers. Since the enclave is a converted church the sewers might lead into the catacombs beneath the enclave which would let you approach from below. You would still need a map of the sewers or someone to guide you. The second is the faux paneling. This leads inside the enclave offices, but since you know nothing of the building layout you have no idea what sort of room it opens into. You would need more information on the layout to act on this information. The final is Thorfin the caravan master. You have learned a great deal about him, and you might be able to exploit a weakness of his, ambush him somehow, or otherwise coerce him into assisting you.

Both wolfattack and Voda Vosa have turns remaining in round 2.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Alright my friends, we have quite a deal of information to work wit'. But I wouldn't waste our energies followin' every possible way. As I see it, we can have a more clear entrance from the faux panel, alt'ough it will be more risky. Eit'er the panel or the sewer, to be useful as a mean of entrance, we need the schematics, and to get t'ose, we might use our good ol' friend t'e dwarf. We can just tempt it wit' some girly stuff eh?" When Lia ice steel glare met Petron, his smile disappears. "eh... well so I was sayin', we trick 'im into gamble t'e schematics for some gold. Then we are set."

wolfattack

First Post
Krawlinstar search for some information on the streets,maybe some guide. he try's to go to the place where this kind of person can be found here.he is prepared to pay for this kind of information.after a while,he sees a little boy,who appears to know ''about things''.

''Excuse me boy,what do you think in having 5 GP in your pockets? if you know very well the sewers here,or know someone who does,i think this 5 shining pieces of gold can be yours.if you don't mind be my guide of course.what do you say?''

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
''Excuse me boy,what do you think in having 5 GP in your pockets? if you know very well the sewers here,or know someone who does,i think this 5 shining pieces of gold can be yours.if you don't mind be my guide of course.what do you say?''
GM: Let's say you offered the boy 5 copper pieces to show you someone who can lead you through the sewers, and the other 49 silver and 5 copper to someone who can actually do it. 5 gold is a ton of money to your typical commoner.

The little boy is greatly pleased at the offer of money, and happily takes you to meet his "boss." After winding down some less than reputable streets in a less than reputable part of town, he brings you inside a dilapidated old building. However once you get inside you see that the outside does not reflect what the inside contains. There is a very fine sitting room with plush couches and meticulously hand-carved end tables. At the back of the wall are shelves will all manner of trinkets and trophies, old weapons, wands, orbs, statuettes and the like, some of them probably fairly valuable. The little boy runs into the other room and tells you to stay put. A couple minutes later the little boy enters the room followed by a woman in striking black leather armor with silver studs. She is accompanied on either side by two brutish-looking men who wield maces in their hands, obviously protective muscle.

"Good day, my fine fellow," she says to welcome you. "I am Sepphora, and I understand you could use a guide through the sewers. Of course not a lot of people know about these sorts of things, but I have access to privileged information. However, my boy tells me you are prepared to offer a princely sum for a guide. I will accept that. Let us make arrangements."

You negotiate with the woman for a hireling to help guide you through the sewers. The hireling will work for you for one day for the 5 gp you spent. The hireling knows his way through the sewers and can lead you underneath the Silver Mantle Company by that route.

GM: You now have 7 successes and 0 failures. You may now begin to explore the sewers. Although the guide can lead you around there might be other challenges along the way. I will be assuming you take that route unless you indicate otherwise within a day (real time). Voda Vosa, you are the last player to act this round.

wolfattack

First Post
Krawlinstar goes to the sewer whit the hireling and whit weapon and a torch in the hand.as soon as the two enter the sewer,he says to the hireling:

''I supose you can use a weapon in case we get in trouble? anyway,what we can expect to encounter here...(name of the hireling)?''

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: I will assume the party will be entering the sewer with Krawlinstar. Let me know if you wish to do otherwise. Also indicate any preparations you'd like to make.
The hireling's name is Beddric. He is a shifty human fellow, but he seems on the level. He carries a dagger with him and wears leather armor, but doesn't look like he'd be much use in a fight.

"Well you have your usual tripe and scum down 'ere," Beddric begins, "rats, lizards and the like. But they usually don't cause you no trouble, long as you don't step on 'em that is. Just watch your step and you'll be fine.

"Now you be wantin' to get yourselves under the Silver Mantle Company. Well that's easy enough I s'pose. Just follow me."

Beddric leads your group down a manhole that is a couple blocks away from the Silver Mantle Company. The sewer is grimy and slippery, not to mention cramped. You can only walk single-file. Beddric leads the way, his torch seeming to add far more of a nasty smoky smell than it ought to, but then you aren't used to using them in such narrow passages. You travel through a few pipes into a larger area which serves as a nexus point for several pipes. The sewer opens up here as several smaller pipes converge into a main line which bisects your path. Along the wall is a railing that allows access to the other pipes.

"Sewer workers use these to access different areas when they need to. Fastest way to where you want to go is across that way, but it looks like it might be difficult. Look there, railing's fallen away."

Just as Beddric said, you look at the railing crossing the main line. Part of it has indeed fallen away leaving only a narrow edge behind. You might be able to jump across, or perhaps balance carefully along the edge.
GM: You can use Acrobatics to balance across the broken railing or Athletics to leap over it. Once one of you is across, it won't require a check for anyone else, as you could easily fashion a hasty rope bridge to give others something to hold on to as they make it across.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: VV, this is your cue; Perton's got the best Athletics or Acrobatics check in the party by 4 points (no one else has either trained, so Lia's +5 untrained in Acrobatics is next-best).

Voda Vosa

First Post
Petron takes a few steps back, and then sprints forward, making a mighty leap over the gasp, landing heavily on the other side. "Piece o' cake mates." he states, beginning the rope bridge procedure.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Petron takes a few steps back, and then sprints forward, making a mighty leap over the gasp, landing heavily on the other side. "Piece o' cake mates." he states, beginning the rope bridge procedure.
Petron's fantastic leap is like a work of art... well as much as a work of art could exist within the sewer systems of Manas. He easily tethers one end of his rope to the railing on the other side and tosses the other end back to allow the rest of the group to do the same. By these means, it is a simple process for the rest of the party to balance across the ledge to the other side.
GM: You will have to cut off a 5 meter (15 ft) length of rope and leave it tethered to the railing, unless of course you want Petron to hop back, retrieve the rope, then hop again to other side. But that might be tempting fate. :)
On the other side, your guide leads you to the correct passage that will take you underneath the Silver Mantle Company. It doesn't take long. A few minutes later you find yourself at the end of the sewer passage. It appears this area has been sealed off. Runes are etched upon the wall of the sealed area. "This ought to be the spot. Almost right under the Silver Mantle Company here," Beddric explains. "Best o' my knowledge, this area has been sealed off for a good long while."
GM: Getting through the sealed area is the final part of the skill challenge. You can use Arcana or Religion to decipher the runes. You can also use History to determine the nature of the seal. Perception might also provide you with other clues.

Remove ads