Airwalkrr's 4e Game IC: Ch 1 Sedition

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Okey guys, ye tell me what's that, and then I 'make' a door. Unless I'm going to walk straight into a booby-trap. " says Petron.

OOC: Yeah, leave the rope there.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
After scurrying across the improvised rope bridge, Lia takes a look at the seal.

(perception check)
Lia notes that this seal is of expert masonry and would be extremely difficult to breach by brute force alone. However, she notes that the way it is constructed indicates that it was intended to be opened by some means she cannot determine. It is very secure. Unless the proper means of opening it are used, it might have negative consequences.
''Stand back friends.let me see these runes.Pelor,guide my eyes upon this surface!!!''
Krawlinstar examines the runes muttering to himself as he does. It seems that they indicate a chant to be spoken. Unfortunately, he does not comprehend the meaning of the runes properly and accidentally mutters a phrase incorrectly. The runes burst forward with light to momentarily blind the cleric. For a moment he is winded by the experience, but soon regains his breath.
GM: Krawlinstar loses one healing surge. You have 9 successes and 1 failure. Almost there...

Walking Dad

First Post
Erik

"Lux!" Conjuring a magic light at the end of his staff, Erik begins trying to identify the runes.

[sblock=OOC]
arcana roll below... not a good roll.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Erik Apeldan
Perception: 17 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Stoneblood, Thunderwave
Encounter Powers: Staff of Defense, Leaden Transmutation
Daily Powers: Slimy Transmutation

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: I've created an Obsidian Portal site. It doesn't have a lot of details just yet, but I will update it periodically. Right now, I can direct you to the combat rules. We are about to begin our first battle.

Also, for the sake of simplicity, I am going to describe distance in terms of squares when it refers to a battle map. Outside of combat encounters, I will continue to use metric (imperial units in parentheses).
"Lux!" Conjuring a magic light at the end of his staff, Erik begins trying to identify the runes.
Erik is not completely certain he is correct, but he is an accomplished student in the ways of arcane runes, and this one is certainly a rune of protection. Tampering with it might cause harm to whomever does so, as Krawlinstar already learned. However, within the runes is a clue to opening the passage. Erik wavers for a moment as to whether or not he should speak the words, but realizes that if progress is to be made he must at the very least try. And so, very carefully and slowly, he recites the magical incantation which he believes will open the passage and disarm the protective magics.

After he intones the words, everything is very quiet for a few moments. Only the trickle of water and muck from the sewer can be heard. But after those few moments of silence, the runes vanish from the wall and a great moaning and creaking is heard. The wall begins to move aside, pulled by some otherworldly force. When the wall has come completely open, you find yourselves staring down into a dark, dusty hallway. The only light you have is that of Beddric's torch (who has now taken up a position at the rear) and the light spell of Erik. You see a long passageway up ahead with side passages every 2 squares or so on each side. The passageway ends in darkness.

This is not all, for you soon notice the sounds of bone scraping against bone and the shuffling and shifting of things long left alone. You have disturbed the ancient crypt of the Raven Queen below the Silver Mantle Company, and the permanent residents of this crypt will surely resent your presence.
GM: First of all, you have completed the skill challenge and gained access to the Silver Mantle Company from below. Everyone earns 100 XP. Second of all, you have triggered a combat encounter. This is my first time running a combat encounter for 4e so I will try to keep it simple. Make sure you check out my combat rules on Obsidian Portal.

I will be rolling all of your Monster Knowledge checks ahead of time. In this case I will use the modifier of the character who is best at that skill and everyone else will aid. Regardless of how well you score on Monster Knowledge, you will always get a description of the monster.

Combat maps will be provided in two forms for the time being. The first form is a spreadsheet document that you can edit in Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheets (free online tool) or any other spreadsheet document you can use. The second will be a jpeg. The advantage of the spreadsheet is that you can edit it on your turn to show your movement then upload it (note it will usually need to be a zipped file since I include images). The jpeg cannot be edited. So please be specific on where you are moving, and by what path when necessary.
[sblock=Monster Knowledge]Monsters 1-8 with the gray outline: Necromancy grants violent motion to these fleshless bones, letting them defy death and deliver it to others.
GM: MK = 11; no information
Monsters 1-2 with the red outline: These mindless, shambling corpses murder anyone not swift enough to get away.
GM: MK = 26. These are Grasping Zombies, natural animate undead brutes. These undead deal extra damage to grabbed opponents and have a chance to continue fighting even when reduced to 0 hit points. A critical hit automatically reduces a grasping zombie to 0 hit points.
[/sblock][sblock=Initiative rolls]20: Krawlinstar
18: Lia
18: Monsters
8: Petron
8: Erik
Krawlinstar and Lia may act. Then the monsters will act.[/sblock]
GM: Bear in mind light sources. Your hireling is only lighting the passageway behind you and is a nonparticipant in this encounter. Erik is the only one with a light source currently. All squares within 4 squares of Erik are illuminated. I won't be too picky about movement in the darkness, but I will impose total concealment if I determine you do not have a light source illuminating the square of your enemy. Also, if I determine your square is not illuminated, you will be considered blind.

For those who have not uploaded a character picture, I have used your avatar to represent your character.

Attachments

• Raven Queen Catacombs.rar
    869.9 KB · Views: 78
  • crypt0.jpg
    crypt0.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 72

drothgery

First Post
Since even with her Elven vision, she can't see any of the creatures well enough to put an arrow into them, Lia breaks a sunrod out of her adventurer's kit, activates it, and rolls it into the middle of the room ahead.[sblock=ooc]minor: retrieve item from her backpack
move: (using a minor action instead) activate sunrod
standard: roll her sunrod to F9

A sunrod gives off bright light for a 20 square radius for 4 hours. Since everyone in the party except Perton has an Adventurer's kit, we've got six sunrods among us.[/sblock]

wolfattack

First Post
Krawlinstar goes to the sewer whit the hireling and whit weapon and a torch in the hand.as soon as the two enter the sewer,he says to the hireling:

OOC: As you can see,GM,Erik is not the only one whit a source of light. i stated that i was holding a torch in the last page.i'll use the Righteous Brand power for the attack.

Krawlinstar goes to first sideway of the corridor,then stop.

''What is this? a walking skeleton? what type of force guides you undead creature? bah,forgett about it,wherever the force is,i doubt it is a force of good.''

After that,Krawlinstar attack the creature.He swings his mace in a wide arc,then the mace falls in the head of the creature.unfortanely,the creature block the attack.

OOC: man,i only get the worst results! :(

Last edited:

wolfattack

First Post
OOC: Sorry,i forgott to put my movement spreadsheet in the previous post.here it is:

Attachments

• Raven Queen Catacombs(Krawlinstar Turn 1).rar
    1 MB · Views: 67

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: wolfattack I can't open an .ods file. Can you save it as an .xls file? I'm assuming you moved to E5 then readied an action.

As the undead pour out of their chambers they begin to advance on Krawlinstar who tries to hold them off, but his first strike is ineffective, falling short of a skeleton as it lashes out to strike him. While his attention is taken another skeleton strikes him from behind. Things look grim but he is able to regain his balance on hold off attacks from the other two. Meanwhile four other skeletons form up behind pulling out bow and arrow and readying them for use. Crawling up behind these archers are two grasping zombies who lumber forward intent on holding you in their deathly embrace.
GM: Krawlinstar takes two hits for 4 damage each (total 8). His strike obviously misses. Begin player round 2. Note the area is pretty well illuminated now because of the sunrod on the ground.

And sorry Krawlinstar, I missed that you were carrying a torch.

Attachments

• Raven Queen Catacombs Rd2.rar
    870 KB · Views: 66
  • crypt2.jpg
    crypt2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 62

Remove ads