• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashy's Oathbound Campaign, IC [ARCHIVED]

Vendetta

First Post
As Xerxes feet touch down on the ground, he tells the group what he had seen. “There is much to tell. First, from the spire, there seems little except what appeared to be a light flicker as from a campfire from within a cave half way up the rock outcropping. It was well hidden and was only chance that I saw the flicker, which makes me think that it must be within a cave as it could not be seen from but one vantage point. Beyond the spire, upon the horizon, there would appear to be a bay with a large town for I saw many lights and the shimmering of what must be a large body of water.

“To the North is the expansive desert broken up by what appears to be large holes or small canyons. The east holds the same, save for what seems to be some kind of wall in the distance. It is dark and spans as far as I can see.

“To the South, on the horizon, is also a wall. But unlike the wall to the East, this wall is white. But before the wall is a huge sinkhole of some kind.”
He says, looking to Kiera as his thoughts race for some historical or geographical knowledge of what he has seen.

{{OOC: KS The Forge 14 + 1d20 (5) = 19}}

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan ponders the information supplied by the psion as he gazes around at the desert surrounding them.

"I still think civilization is our best chance at gaining the knowledge we need to complete our mission. I think we should head for the city until we need to stop for rest."

Vendetta

First Post
"The city is quite a travel... a couple of days ride, I should think." Answers the Xeph. "And we can investigate that fire up on the spire, since it is along the way."

Ferrix

Explorer
"Thank you Xerxes. We'll move on to the spire for now, and then head on to civilization if our native friend here doesn't have a better idea when he wakes up." She nods to Baja who probably once again resumes his trek, impatient though he may be, he has his merits. She'll follow leading her mule behind her.

Ashy

First Post
A couple of long, frigid hours filled with mind-numbing marching up and down dunes filled with thigh-deep sand and aching, near-frozen limbs brings you, finally, to the pinnacle of rock. As you descend the last dune to a flat expanse of red sand, you see that the spar of rock has a wider, irregularly shaped base which you were uable to see before (due to the darkness and the dunes). The spar of rock looks ancient and shows signs of weathering, very likely by wind. By your best estimates, the foundation rock reaches up about one hundred feet and the spire soars upward another three hundred, piercing the night sky like a giant, bony finger.

OOC: The pic below is a daytime pic, but it is pretty close. :)

Attachments

• canyon-de-chelly-floor-23.4.jpg
    canyon-de-chelly-floor-23.4.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Xerxes:
The light you saw came from near dead center of the pic above, close to the angular piece of stone. Let me know if you need for me to highlight it in the pic and I can.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan cranes his neck looking up the spire.

"If you believe that there is someone there, we could just announce ourselves. It might be quite startling to have someone just appear in their doorway."

deadestdai

First Post
Vendetta said:
"Should I levitate someone up there?" Ask Xerxes, looking at the point that he believes the flickering light came from.

Baja cranes his head up to where Xerxes motions.

Me will go if Boss-Holy-Lady say so? Want to be floaty too like Xerxes.

The half orc seems a little excited, in a childish fashion.

Last edited:

Remove ads