• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashy's Oathbound Campaign, IC [ARCHIVED]

Ashy

First Post
Vendetta said:
Not knowing anything about teleportation powers, Xerxes things back on his minor studies on Arcana for tidbits of information pertaining to teleportation ((ooc: Knowledge Arcana roll = 11 (1d20) + 6 (rank+int) = 17)) but doubts he can help to answer the question with anything more than his own opinion.

He watches Baja move away from the group and wonders what the large Orc is up to... when he realizes, he wishes he hadn't seen the albino move at all. "Good job, Baja, you've left a fine marker for our passing... you know, in case anyone is going to track us." Xerxes stares at the Half-orc for a hard moment then smirks. "If anything is going to track us out here, then it already knows we are out here, so it doesn't really matter."

((OOC: Xerxes also has Darkvision out to 60'))

Xerxes:
You see definite evidence that some sort of magic, possibly wind-based, was used in this area. Clear signs that the sand has been blown outward from a central point can be seen.

Vendetta

First Post
"...so it doesn't really matter..." Xerxes' sentence trails off as he speaks, looking at the ground. "Some kind of great wind..." he says, walking and looking at the ground, going to the center of some point. "...eminating out from... here. A strong wind; unnatural..." Xerxes trails off again as he begins to think on his observations, unconcerned that he's quite possibly confused the heck out of his friends.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan looks down at the end of the tracks and around at his companions.

"So it appears that we shall not find the origins of the attackers this way. Which way do we go now? The only other landmark I can see is a spire, some distance to the west."

Ferrix

Explorer
Kiera smiles at her realization, "it was an airship that deposited them here, like our ships that sail the oceans but in the skies; the central spot you noticed Xerxes was probably where it's central point landed and took off from, the wind such a large moving body caused from landing and taking off is probably the reason for the oval shaped blow pattern of sand. Let us not rest, we've only been here a few hours, and I much prefer to travel to keep the chill out of my bones than to travel and melt in my armor during the day. Perhaps a quick investigation will merit us something useful."

Kiera will further investigate the landing site, she'll also look to the skies in a hope to discern any constellations mentioned in their studies. Perhaps the heavens will smile on them and show them a way now that they've come to what seems a dead end.

OOC: tell me whatever rolls i need to make

Ashy

First Post
Ferrix said:
Kiera smiles at her realization, "it was an airship that deposited them here, like our ships that sail the oceans but in the skies; the central spot you noticed Xerxes was probably where it's central point landed and took off from, the wind such a large moving body caused from landing and taking off is probably the reason for the oval shaped blow pattern of sand. Let us not rest, we've only been here a few hours, and I much prefer to travel to keep the chill out of my bones than to travel and melt in my armor during the day. Perhaps a quick investigation will merit us something useful."

Kiera will further investigate the landing site, she'll also look to the skies in a hope to discern any constellations mentioned in their studies. Perhaps the heavens will smile on them and show them a way now that they've come to what seems a dead end.

OOC: tell me whatever rolls i need to make

Kiera:
As you look around the landing site, your suspicions in regards to an airship being the method of transport only grow stronger. While there is no additional evidence to support an airship, the very fact that there is no additional evidence supports it.

As you look up into the night sky, you notice yet another "heavenly" body that your group has not yet noticed yet. A small, reddish moon that lies *directly* overhead is barely noticeable against the ever-darkening night sky.

OOC: You might want to make a Spot check, based on what was said earlier about their being a spire somewhere in the area...

deadestdai

First Post
hafrogman said:
Tristan looks down at the end of the tracks and around at his companions.

"So it appears that we shall not find the origins of the attackers this way. Which way do we go now? The only other landmark I can see is a spire, some distance to the west."

Baja looks to where Tristan points, lugs his club on his shoulder and starts to make off in that direction calling, Boss - there a place over 'ere we go to stay warm now.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
An airship landing would explain the wind pattern and troop tracks.

It is frustrating not knowing more about the enemy. It will be difficult knowing our true enemies when we come upon them. Those gaunts for instance could simply be evil scavengers, not actually part of the enemy's forces. Or they could be creatures he can use at will and they are simply free here now. It will be good to talk to the Frey when Kiera can purge him of the Gaunt-poison. Hopefully he can tell us more about the forces here when he can talk again.

ferretguy

First Post
"A ship that floats on air? I have a feeling this world may have more is store for us then we will ever expect" Julian thinks to himself. "Looks like Baja has the right idea. Hopefully we can get to the spire without much delay...or running into an group that would rather be our enemy then our ally."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan gazes doubtfully off to the west.

"I don't know Julian. It looks like it is an awfully long way off yet. Baja, why do you assume that the spire will make us warm? It could just be a pillar of rock, as cold and unwelcoming as the rest of this desert."

Vendetta

First Post
"That might be the best direction. At least when we get there, one of us can climb up and get a good look around. Though, that would be unneeded. I could levitate myself and take a look around. Though, in the dark of evening, I don't know how much I could see unless lights of a city are present somewhere on the horizon. Xerxes says.

((OOC: Levitate, Psionic is the same as the spell Levitate. I have 60' Darkvision))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads