• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assassin City - DM Discussion Thread

Dire Lemming

First Post
Don't forget the "Approx." before the population number. It is after all going to go down. :]

Practically any race could conceivably appear hear since it's such a metropolis, but that seems pretty good.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
It is a capital of a kingdom so the palace is here, on the highest part of the city. The nobility of the city could be constantly fighting for better standing within the government so that gives a lot of demand for assassins. There should also be a strong merchants guild which is at odds with some noble houses, and has equal power in the government as any noble house.

Blackrat

Dire Lemming said:
Don't forget the "Approx." before the population number. It is after all going to go down. :]

Practically any race could conceivably appear hear since it's such a metropolis, but that seems pretty good.
Oh yeah, after the first mission that will be 29999 :lol: . Yeah, it was approx :D ;)

Blackrat

I have no problem with slavery. Probably basic goblins, as hobgoblins are more likely to be hired than slaved. And trolls are used as slaves accross the alliance.

Blackrat

Yeah they would, and they would need to pay even greater money to keep the elves from getting the slave back. The elves do know the arcane arts of wizardry whereas not many humans do. Which makes them extremely dangerous if angered, even if they are small in numbers.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Sorry if I'm putting you off with this. I'm just trying to make the world a bit more dark and the city a bit more corrupt so that it's more plausible to have our assassins running around.

Blackrat

No you're not putting me off. Sorry if I seemed that way. I'm rather enjoying this :D. The previous post was just meant to give you things to think about just as everything else. I mean, yes it would be a prize to show at parties to have an elven slave, but if the other elves find out about this you better have means to defend your claim.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads