D&D 5E Baldur’s Gate: The Descent in the wild!

gyor

Legend
My understanding is that none of those are fully-fledged backgrounds, just replacement / variant background features for existing backgrounds (like what we got in a few of the earlier adventures, like HotDQ and OotA).

Yes, I know, but the feature is the most interesting part of a background.

The fact that at least two heavy hitters - Tiamat and Bel - have stat blocks that aren't mentioned in the Contents section of the book makes me wonder if there are any other stat blocks we'll be getting that we don't know about yet, such as for Kostchtctchie or perhaps some more of the Archdevils.

The fact that at least two heavy hitters - Tiamat and Bel - have stat blocks that aren't mentioned in the Contents section of the book makes me wonder if there are any other stat blocks we'll be getting that we don't know about yet, such as for Kostchtctchie or perhaps some more of the Archdevils.
Appearntly we do get Kostchtctchie's stats.

I don't know why they are not in the back however. (No room to do a write up for them as well?)

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
Appearntly we do get Kostchtctchie's stats.
That we do, but I feel like this is a potential spoiler :p

I don't know why they are not in the back however. (No room to do a write up for them as well?)
Possibly so DMs wouldn't need to keep flipping back and forth between that section of the adventure and the bestiary at the back. It's good that Wizards is trying something different, and making the lives of DMs running the adventure easier.

Ash Mantle

Adventurer

In the section of the adventure not yet within Perdition, we get the full statblocks of some named NPCs spread out across the different pages.

In the section of the adventure within Avernus itself, we get the full statblocks of the aforementioned, plus we get Siberiex, named NPCs like a rakhasha entrepeneur named Mahadi who parades around in the Wandering Emporium (where you can get actual food, do you need to pay for that food with your soul?), an eldarin called Smiler the Defiler (that's a freaking excellent name), plus things like the abyssal chicken (tastes like burning chicken all the way down I presume), the abyssal wretch, something called the bone whelk (large slug monstrosities that carry a cage of bones on their backs). It's all definitely extremely metal \m/

Remove ads