• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.5--2/25/07--Arc 15

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
[imagel]http://galacticastation.com/Gallery/Episode/se3/300/315.gif[/imagel]

Dirty Hands

# Original airdate: 25th Feb 07
# Production Number: 315
# Executive Producers: R.D. Moore, David Eick
# Co-Executive Producer: Paul Leonard
# Producer: Harvey Frand
# Associate Producer: Trisha Brunner
# Written by: Anne Cofell Saunders
# Directed by:

Starring: Mary McDonnell, Edward James Olmos, Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park.

Co-Starring: Michael Hogan, Alessandro Juliani, Tahmoh Penikett, Kandyse McClure, Aaron Douglas, Nicki Clyne.

When Admiral Adama questions her fitness for duty, Kara is haunted by memories of her past.

After an accident nearly kills president Roslin, Tyrol defies Admiral Adama to demand safer working conditions throughout the fleet - and inadvertently makes himself a rallying point for a strike.​

Last edited:

Steel_Wind

Legend
Now *that* was better.

Filler? Yes. But there is a difference between a non-Mythos episode that sucks (The Woman King and a Day in the Life) and this week's Dirty Hands.

This one was, imo, measurably better than the former two. A better script, a more sophisticated view of the fleet - and it had Baltar.

Note: According to the PR for the show, next week's episode is a return to the Mythos and is supposed to be the most important episode of the season as it sets in motion the events that will end this season.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Steel Wind, BlueBlackRed, I don’t think we could possibly have watched the same episode of the same show.

Pardon my language, but
Christ almighty damn
I hated this episode. Loathed. Hated. Despised. I will happily watch Black Market a dozen times before I so much as sit through the trailer for this episode.

I cannot get to far into a discussion of my revulsion for this episode in the political aspect, except to say it is similar to my reaction to Pan’s Labyrinth and why I felt the fascists had the moral high ground.

Beyond that, this episode was a positively grotesque example of the show’s writers and producers trying to eat their cake and have it too. In one of Ayn Rand’s more cogent statements, she reversed the old saying of “You can’t have you cake and eat it to” to “You can’t eat your cake and have it to.” Her phrasing renders the statement comprehensible. Once you have eaten a cake, you no longer possess the cake, because the cake no long exists. It is self contradictory in such a manner to render it all meaningless and a pointless exercise in vanity.

This episode was a positively grotesque example of the show’s writers and producers trying to eat their cake and have it too. We can’t afford upward mobility/We’ve got to have upward mobility. We have a caste system, with a ruling class… But that’s unquestionably OK, ‘cause they are a bunch of well intention and benevolent tyrants, who let mutineers (even though they cannot negotiate with mutineers) off the hook and give them everything they ask for (did I mention they cannot negotiate with mutineers).

It is self contradictory in such a manner to render it all meaningless and a pointless exercise in vanity.

I hated this episode. I don’t know why you liked it. I hated this episode.

Volaran

First Post
Now, now. As long as _someone_ within the first five posts hated it immensely, we have a proper BSG thread.

I quite enjoyed it myself, but then I always like the Chief.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Volaran said:
Now, now. As long as _someone_ within the first five posts hated it immensely, we have a proper BSG thread.

(Grumpy pokes Volaran with a stick)

I will have you know that I liked all the parts with Baltar; Laura's dressing him down (literally) and his revelation (truthful or not) about his background to the Chief. Also, I like the Chief as well.

And honestly, am I a hater? Really? Am I one of the people who seems to hate every episode of every show?

This one just made me grind my teeth.

Steel_Wind

Legend
The Grumpy Celt said:
Steel Wind, BlueBlackRed, I don’t think we could possibly have watched the same episode of the same show.

Pardon my language, but
Christ almighty damn
I hated this episode. Loathed. Hated. Despised. I will happily watch Black Market a dozen times before I so much as sit through the trailer for this episode.

C'mon man. Quit sitting on the fence. Don't hold back. Tell us what you really thought of this episode! :cool:

LightPhoenix

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
And honestly, am I a hater? Really? Am I one of the people who seems to hate every episode of every show?

Nah, I suspect Volaran was alluding to the tendancy for there to be a lot of polarization with regards to the BSG episodes, and especially the discussion. Just happens to be your turn this week. :)

Of course, I have not seen the episode yet, so I could end up hating on it too.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
You better...or I'll vape you into space dust.

Attachments

• DSC06623.JPG
    DSC06623.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 69

Volaran

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
(Grumpy pokes Volaran with a stick)

I will have you know that I liked all the parts with Baltar; Laura's dressing him down (literally) and his revelation (truthful or not) about his background to the Chief. Also, I like the Chief as well.

This one just made me grind my teeth.

I don't mind being poked, nor do I think you are particularly negative. However, week after week, someone is decrying that the show has lost its way, so somehow the angry post just seems like it is becoming tradition.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads