• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Beholder 5e

Nachti

First Post
Good evening,

I do not know if the following questions are against some rule. If yes then i apologize.

How much ray attacks per round does a 5e beholder have?
What rays can be cast? Do they have recharge time?
Petrify and death ray need more than one save now?
What are the DCs of the rays?

Paraxis

Explorer
Good evening,

I do not know if the following questions are against some rule. If yes then i apologize.

How much ray attacks per round does a 5e beholder have?
What rays can be cast? Do they have recharge time?
Petrify and death ray need more than one save now?
What are the DCs of the rays?

Three on it's turn, then has 3 legendary actions to shoot 1 ray at the end of another creatures turn. So every round 6 total.

Same rays they always cast, no recharge time.

Just one save but for example death ray is a ton of damage not instant death, unless that damage reduces you to 0 h.p.

DC 16.

fuindordm

Adventurer
Minor gripe: they wasted a page on the death tyrant stat block when as far as I can tell the only difference is that its save DCs and AC are one point higher. It could have been a sidebar, and then we would have gotten one more monster! :)

TheCelric

First Post
Thanks.

Wohooo! At 17, my bard will polymorph into a "singing beholder" permanently! Pew Laser Pew Laser.

My guess is that will also permanently hurt your ability to (non-magically) charm the Ladies. I cannot see a groupie bar-maid trying to kiss a beholder in the stairwell after the show - if indeed you could find an audience to even come to your performance!

Minor gripe: they wasted a page on the death tyrant stat block when as far as I can tell the only difference is that its save DCs and AC are one point higher. It could have been a sidebar, and then we would have gotten one more monster! :)

Yes, ther is also wasted space with dragons and the winged kobold. At some places, sidebard would have sufficed. On the other hand, a full stat block is more convenient. But yes, a full page for a different central eyse ability... that is a bit much.
On the other hand: they gifted us with 32 extra pages. Maybe at the end, they had to fill some pages and didn´t have time to develop and test more monsters, so they thought: "lets expand that death tyrant sidebar into a full statblock"... who knows.

Remove ads