• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BLEB1: Beer Run (stonegod - Designated Driver)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Mardigan, fearing no gnomish wrath goes and seeks out the gnome merchants and asks them So, you guys are interested in the beer huh? What do you need it for? Where's it going?
The gnomes seem quite friendly, and babble on about setting up a supply for study by brewer's in Korrenberg. Kenn gets the sense that the story is probably mostly true... probably.

"Gnomes, man. Gnomes!"
Kenn checks his mental map and heads towards Lawrence stall, making an inventory of all his knives discreetly as he goes.
The group enters the large pavillion. One of the guards asks if he can help, and soon they are directed to a tallish Karnn with quite a bushy beard and beer gut. He is fending off some questions from aristocratic sorts and posh gnomes.

Ho! So you be the third batch. I be hearing I should be expecting more. Brewer Lawrence I am! Interested in the LITE Brew, ay?

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn raises an eyebrow at Lawrence' emphasis on the LITE brew and goes back to watching the gnomes.

"What an evocative name, old chap! Pray tell, what benevolent sort of Musey spirit fermented that up in your noggin? Is it at the end of a darkling brew tunnel?"

Like an oncoming lightning rail? he adds inwardly.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"What an evocative name, old chap! Pray tell, what benevolent sort of Musey spirit fermented that up in your noggin? Is it at the end of a darkling brew tunnel?"
You mean my Interesting Tasting Effervescent Beer? Truth be told, old man Miller suggested, if I recall.

"Hello, master Lawrence. We have a letter here for you from our principal which should explain our intent."
Lawrence takes the note and looks over it a moment. He rubs his chin a moment. Good ole Brews. I knew he was sending someone, but I expected you a bit earlier. Not bad timing, though, only a day late. Let me see... with the ir'Tains and the gnomes.... got to factor in Brew's previous payment... ah, yes. 17 barrels will be about right, assuming you can pay for it. Good luck on getting that back, of course. He chuckles to himself.

17 barrels will fit in the cart, though it'll be crowded. As you are examining the barrels, you hear a ruckus on the other side of the tent. It appears the ir'Tains are not happy with the number of barrels they are getting. How dare you! I was promised 20 barrels! 18 is not enough, not enough by far! The party is in 3 days hence, and that is just unacceptable! The ir'Tain spokesperson stalks off in a huff.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Khuther Qbyer All spells available HP:14

You mean my Interesting Tasting Effervescent Beer? Truth be told, old man Miller suggested, if I recall.

Lawrence takes the note and looks over it a moment. He rubs his chin a moment. Good ole Brews. I knew he was sending someone, but I expected you a bit earlier. Not bad timing, though, only a day late. Let me see... with the ir'Tains and the gnomes.... got to factor in Brew's previous payment... ah, yes. 17 barrels will be about right, assuming you can pay for it. Good luck on getting that back, of course. He chuckles to himself.

17 barrels will fit in the cart, though it'll be crowded. As you are examining the barrels, you hear a ruckus on the other side of the tent. It appears the ir'Tains are not happy with the number of barrels they are getting. How dare you! I was promised 20 barrels! 18 is not enough, not enough by far! The party is in 3 days hence, and that is just unacceptable! The ir'Tain spokesperson stalks off in a huff.

Khuther checks his bag of ore, saying some words in a mumble *. He looks at Kenn 'buddy we should be careful i dont like gnomes THAT much eighter' 'and its a dwarf saying it!' 'they are tricky sometimes. Should we poke around when we get this negotiation over?' 'we dont need any surprises right now and it would be a good idea get some horses for the return'.
He looks at the others 'i got the bag with the gold we need i just dismissed the warding spell, but be aware' 'if any stupid happens i will cast another and activate it to distract and escape'.

Khuther turns to Lawrence 'So these 17 barrels of you...''where and when should we pick this up Lawrence?' 'Im sure we can work a price out' 'What does a barrel cost these days?' 'maybe a gold piece or two each?' Khuther makes his best smile and trader face trying to push the price.

"Any particular hazards we should look out for? Is the beer susceptible to heat or cold? Is dampness or sunlight a particular problem? Or perhaps you refer to bandits?"

'Bandits would be a problem' 'Anything we should know as for safety in town Lawrence?'

Bluff (1d20+4=14)
ooc: *Deactivation of previous warding

Mini stat :[sblock]
Code:
Feats:  Least Dragonmark

Spells /dayd (Save DC 11 + spell level): 0 - 6; 1st - 4
Spells Known:0 - 5; 1st - 2
	0 - Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, read magic; 
repair light damage (1d8+2 to construct); x;
	1st - Magic Missile, identify, x;

*Least dragonmark of Warding: Alarm 1/day.
[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
Kenn watches the Ir'Tain agent go.
Behind a serenely oblivious smile he notes where the fellow goes and if he picks up any muscle as he does.
Anyone who takes their beer seriously enough to go halfway across Sharn probably wouldn't object to a little sabotage or robbery.
"Brother Kuther, I'm sure Brewmaster Lawrence has a price he'll be willing to provide as a starting point."

ajanders

Explorer
OOC: I don't see any post that describes our total exchequer, just that the bag weighed 25 pounds and contained more gold than a 25 pound bag should.
Nobody asked what our total budget was, including Kenn. (You can tell he worked for the government :))

Brews was expecting 20 kegs of 350 gp beer and also to cover travel expenses for a trip halfway around the world, but we could be short, I suppose.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads