• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Changeover poll

Changeover Edition to Edition of D&D Poll

• Complete Changeover: All 4E played now, no earlier editions of D&D

Votes: 179 31.7%
  • Largely over: Mostly 4E played now, some earlier edition play

Votes: 61 10.8%
  • Half over: Half 4E played now, half earlier edition play

Votes: 38 6.7%
  • Partial Changeover: Some 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 14 2.5%
  • Slight Changeover: A little 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • No Change: Tried 4E, went back to earlier edition play

Votes: 83 14.7%
  • No Change: Never tried 4E, all earlier edition play

Votes: 154 27.3%

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I don't 'change over.' When a new Edition comes along, I see it as a whole new game. If I like it, I add it to the list of games I play.

I was contemplating saying the exact same thing in my first post. Using the term 'change over' implies a degree of booleanness that I just don't find is necessary.

There's no more mutual exclusion between 3.5 & 4e than there is between any edition of D&D and Settlers of Catan.
-blarg

RFisher

Explorer
It’s very strange to me that the results on the ends have gotten the most votes and the ones in the middle the least.

While I’m sure there are some people that might not enjoy it, I heartily recommend mixing it up and playing a lot of different games/editions. That way you get to enjoy the good bits of all the games/editions and get a break from the bad parts of each one.

Hussar

Legend
Funnily enough, had you asked me a month after 3e came out, I would have answered EXACTLY the same at now - still playing 2e and haven't tried 3e.

Do this poll a year from now and see what happens.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
It's still early; we have only 198 votes so far. There are a lot more posters on ENWorld than 198, so only a fraction of our posters have voted.
When the vote count gets (if the vote count gets) up closer to 1,000, then I'll start considering the poll results.
If I were to obtain several thousand responses, I could definitely say that this was how the posters ENWorld were gaming (but not all Gamers, obviously) were gaming. (There are several thousand posters on ENWorld, at least! : ) )

I really do hope people will vote in the poll. I am sincerely curious as to what people are playing.

Because right now I would definitely call the results extremely preliminary.

Sincerely
Edena_of_Neith

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
So, you know, just vote, if you want to. You don't have to post in the thread.
There isn't anything to discuss (other than the poll, and it's just a poll ... and polls aren't much worth discussing.)

I'll periodically bump this thread up, if nobody posts here, so that it remains available for people to vote on, if they desire to.

Griego

First Post
Still playing 3.5, will probably switch to 4e once the current set of characters retire. Not sure where that fits in the poll, so I didn't vote.

pweent

Explorer
There are so many options in this poll, and still so little room for nuance.

Right now? I'm playing 4e exclusively. In a month or so, we'll wrap up our 4e test game, and I'll resume running my 3.5 campaign. When that finishes, we'll probably be more or less exclusively 4e, but that's end of 2009 most likely.

My heart has converted to 4e. My game, however, is still solidly in 3.5.

Pinotage

Explorer
Slight Changeover. I've given 4e a few combat tries, but I'm still 100% on 3.5e at the moment. I am planning on running Keep on the Shadowfell at some point in the future, though. Still, for the next year at least it'll be mostly 3.5e.

Pinotage

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads