• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Changeover poll

Changeover Edition to Edition of D&D Poll

• Complete Changeover: All 4E played now, no earlier editions of D&D

Votes: 179 31.7%
  • Largely over: Mostly 4E played now, some earlier edition play

Votes: 61 10.8%
  • Half over: Half 4E played now, half earlier edition play

Votes: 38 6.7%
  • Partial Changeover: Some 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 14 2.5%
  • Slight Changeover: A little 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • No Change: Tried 4E, went back to earlier edition play

Votes: 83 14.7%
  • No Change: Never tried 4E, all earlier edition play

Votes: 154 27.3%

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
* If you have yet to start playing 4E, but *intend* to play 4E ... *
* ... just vote No Change: Haven't tried 4E, all earlier editions play. *

We see, in a year maybe, how this particular category changes, as more people try 4E. (Remember, this is merely a poll about whether you *currently* play 4E and/or how much 4E you play.)

EDIT:

Remember that this is not a poll about whether you are rejecting 4E or embracing 4E (that would be an Edition Wars thread, and that is not allowed as per the ENWorld rules.)
This is *only* a poll on whether you have tried 4E, are playing 4E, and how much you are playing 4E.

Henrix

Explorer
We're still mostly playing 3.5 - two campaigns are near finishing, so we won't change them, but the ones' that'll follow will be 4e - and I'm running a short 4e campaign to let us learn the ropes before we convert our third main campaign.

So if you ask again in a couple of months you'll get a different answer!

BryonD

Hero
Funnily enough, had you asked me a month after 3e came out, I would have answered EXACTLY the same at now - still playing 2e and haven't tried 3e.
There certainly would have been a few individual votes that way. I find it inconceivable that the proportions would have been anywhere near the same.

Do this poll a year from now and see what happens.
Yeah, once the new shiny wears off, its all down hill from here.

We're finishing up our 3.5 campaign, and then we'll play 4E seriously. So far, it's just been a few encounters to see how they run.

As it happens, I'm fairly tired of fantasy games in general at the moment. I'm hoping to get something else running, either with RTT or SWSE. So 4E might be a bit delayed.

There certainly would have been a few individual votes that way. I find it inconceivable that the proportions would have been anywhere near the same.
Why?

Yeah, once the new shiny wears off, its all down hill from here.
Depends on perspective, I suppose. I think it will go up hill from here, but also think we will both be right, assuming certain perspectives...

Shemeska

Adventurer
Magic 8-ball says chances are poor for me switching to 4th from my current frankenstein 3e/3.5 chimera. The rest of my group and another campaign I'm in are trending the same direction.

Pathfinder will get a serious look for any new games started after the current ones, but 4th probably won't be considered as a serious option given the play styles involved, among other reasons. Not the system for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads